Toast Menzel - The Return

Remove this Banner Ad

(Daniel Menzel and Nathan Vardy in the first week of rehab 2012.)

Doc: Daniel, you gotta come back with me!

Daniel: Where?

Doc: Back to the future.

Daniel: No, no, no, Doc, I just got here, OK, Vardy's here, we're gonna do rehab and get fit.

Doc: Well, bring him along. This concerns Nathan too.

Daniel: Wait a minute, Doc. What are you talking about? What happens to us in the future? What do we become s**t players or something?

Doc: No, no, no, no, no, Daniel, both you and Nathan turn out fine. It's your team, Daniel,
something has got to be done about your team!

doc-brown-thinking-cap.jpg

GREAT SCOTT!!

Did the Documentary on Dan air yet?

If so does anybody have any tips on where to track it down online? Have only found one dead link so far on one of the MSN sites.

Would desperately like to see it.
It will screen on Fox Footy Channel Tuesday and Wednesday 8:30pm.
I've got little doubt it will turn up online not long after that.

From an article in the Geelong Addy this morning:

DANIEL Menzel has spoken of “the worst phone call I’ve received in my life” after a training mishap in late 2012 resulted in his third knee reconstruction.

Menzel and the Cats had been confident he had escaped major damage after his left knee was twisted in a tackling drill. But a surgical opinion confirmed he needed another round of reconstructive surgery, leaving Dr Chris Bradshaw the task of delivering the crushing news.

“I’ll never forget it, it’s the worst phone call I’ve ever received in my life,” Menzel says in his two-part documentary Dan Menzel: A Long Way Home, which airs on Fox Footy on Tuesday night.

“I couldn’t stop thinking about it the whole way home, I bawled my eyes out the whole way home. “I thought, ‘how is this happening again?’, we thought we were in the clear a little bit but as it turned out we weren’t.

“I didn’t want to call Mum, I didn’t want to tell anyone, it’s just one of those ones where you don’t want to tell anyone. It’s not a good phone call to make.”

Menzel recalls his teammates’ faces when they arrived at the club from an interstate trip to learn he had suffered another setback, this time potentially career-threatening.

“They all walk in and you look at their faces straight away and it looks like someone has died, the expression on their faces,” he said. “Straight away I feel like, ‘what have I done again?’.

“You actually feel like you’ve let people down, in a way, the amount of people who have supported you and the amount of people who have done so much for you, it’s happened again and you go through so many emotions.”

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...story-of-despair/story-fnjuhrxq-1227506583696

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He spoke amazingly well on 360 tonight.
I was just posting the exact same thing, he is such an impressive young man.

I can not imagine what Menzel went through undergoing 4 knee reconstructions. Good on him in not giving up on playing AFL again, the mental challenge would have been a lot harder then the physical.

Maybe he can have a chat to Clay Smith from the Bulldogs who underwent his 2nd knee reconstruction earlier in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back