Other Merchandise - Where to Buy

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NFL Merchandise - Where to Buy

$(KGrHqRHJBwE9r5N3f00BPdYd-nP)w~~60_3.JPG

Purchased this and it arrived the other day. Pretty happy to get some old school Jets gear.

What is the quality of the Nike merchandise like? It seemed like every bit of Reebok apparel I bought came with a loose thread or loose stitching. :mad:

The Nike shirt is good quality. It's why I got it to see how it was compared to the Reebok stuff and I can tell it's better... even the screen printing will last way longer than the Reebok stuff. Nike has always been the superior brand for merch.

What are the different categories of the Nike jerseys?

I've got a premier Clay Matthews & my sister is about to head to the states so I'm going to give her a list of gear to buy. So just wondering what the equivalent of a premier is with the new Nike ones.

There are just two categories.

"Game" -- which is screen-printed numbers, name, logos, and is constructed for street wear, meaning under the armpits it's all sewn together like a t-shirt.

"Elite" -- which is the official on-field product, which means it's baggier to fit padding underneath, and has embroided Nike logos, the new metal NFL logo, and sewn numbers/name.

Another difference is that "Game" is constructed differently where most of the body is solid fabric, and the side panels are mesh. Whereas the "Elite" (depending on the team too) is made with all the new hi-tech wire collars, and has mesh parts all over the front and back.

"Game" will be around $99 USD, "Elite" around $249 USD. If you buy from official online stores. Maybe eBay has some cheap fakes made in the same new Nike way, not sure, haven't checked.

There's no exact equivalent to a Premier. A premier is like "Game" (made to wear) but has sewn numbers and name (tho not using the official fabric for the numbers/name), whereas "Game" is screen-printed.

If you buy a "Game" buy the size that you normally wear in Australia, maybe even a size less. If you buy an "Elite" get a size less than you normally wear to at least make it a bit more wearable, tho it'll still be too baggy and long like a skirt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that summary.

Bit of a pain coz I would definitely rather the sewn on number & names, just a massive difference in price. I'll prob get her to get one of each type. Thanks again.

Federal investigation in Utah takes down counterfeit jersey websites

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 12, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT

An intercepted shipment of fake NFL jerseys to a Utah man was part of a federal investigation which has taken down 70 websites selling counterfeit NFL jerseys.

According to a report in the Deseret News, Homeland Security and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials have shut down 70 websites which deal in fake goods.

“This operation targeted criminals making a buck by trying to trick consumers into believing they were buying name brand products from legitimate websites when in fact they were buying counterfeits from illegal but sophisticated impostor sites located overseas,” ICE director John Morton said in statement.

“The impostor sites were simply a fraud from start to finish and served no purpose other than to defraud and dupe unwary shoppers.”

The sites which were shut down included several with names close to the real thing, including nflshopjerseys.com, nflshopjerseys.net and nflshop18.com.

Some of the websites had sophisticated means of tricking customers, including data encryption on their websites, which apparently convinced some customers they were buying the real thing.

Investigators interviewed a man in Sandy, Utah, who ordered more than $1,000 worth of jerseys priced at $18.50 each.

Now I’m no U.S. Marshal, but given the NFL’s insatiable desire and uncanny ability to collect others’ money, such a price might have alerted me to the fact something might not have been on the up-and-up.

I'd buy one if they were $18.50 each lol
Difference is this was pretending to be genuine and charging 200 bucks after buying them for 18 each. I always championed the cause of buying fakes from eBay for 45 bucks, fakes that were very well made but made no pretence of being genuine, hopefully those are not affected and ee can still buy them

Re: NFL Merchandise - Where to Buy

Yer bought some Redskins & Dodgers gear in Mid Feb and it arrived in about 3 weeks, which was quicker than my previous order.

Anyone tried their expensive air freight courier option?
Yes, going about 5 days atm, will update when it arrives hopefully this week. There was no way i was waiting 3 weeks + for my stuff.

Anyone bought from tradeinthelife.com ? they have some NFL hats, also a few NBA jerseys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back