Merge our team with a team outside the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, East Perth
Saw a thread like this on the main board and thought it was good fun. Merge our team with another team that finished outside the eight this year that could play round 1. I've chosen Gold Coast.

B Hurn May Waters,
HB Swallow E.Mackenzie Thompson
C Gaff Priddis Prestia
HF H.Bennell Lynch Shuey
F Darling Kennedy LeCras
R Naitanui Ablett O'Meara
Int Lycett, Yeo, Matera
Sub Rosa
EMG Smith, Selwood, Rischitelli

Saw a thread like this on the main board and thought it was good fun. Merge our team with another team that finished outside the eight this year that could play round 1. I've chosen Gold Coast.

B Hurn May Waters,
C Gaff Priddis Prestia
HF H.Bennell Lynch Shuey
F Darling Kennedy LeCras
Int Lycett, Yeo, Matera
Sub Rosa
I've bolded the ones that will be here soon enough:cool:

I'd love us to get him back home but sadly I think he's well settled now.

edit: only saw Swallow highlighted at first! All of them would be awsome! Those guys can help us win 3 flags in a row
So you were fixated on swallow

Fair enough

B Hurn May Waters,
C Gaff Priddis Prestia
HF H.Bennell Lynch Shuey
F Darling Kennedy LeCras
Int Lycett, Yeo, Matera
Sub Rosa
Controversial from the OP. Love it.

Id chose Crows their team mixes well with ours. B. Brown Talia Waters. HB. Smith Mackenzie Hurn C. Gaff Priddis Crouch HF. Darling Walker Shuey F. Betts Kennedy LeCras R. Naitanui Sloane Dangerfield Int Yeo Lycett Douglas Selwood
Jacobs misses out due to my west coast bias. Just like 2012 AA team. Scott thompson misses out because he doesn't have a Brownlow.

Wear Sunscreen

Last edited:

B Hurn May Waters,
C Gaff Priddis Prestia
HF H.Bennell Lynch Shuey
F Darling Kennedy LeCras
Int Lycett, Yeo, Matera
Sub Rosa

Minus Priddis - What a midfield with Naitanui.

Would put Jack Martin in for Matera, and you definitely need McGovern in there.

WCE and Brisbane

Yeo emac McGovern
Rich Merrett hurn
Rockliff gaff Hanley
Lecras darling Christiansen
Zorko Kennedy Lycett
Natanui beams shuey

Priddis redden selwood rosa

Emg Mayes aish Taylor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

about 5-6 of our players would be best 22 if we merged with gold coast.

in reality, our overall list looks pretty pathetic when compared to theirs.

What a load of s**t. Out of our best 22 at the very least Kennedy, Lecras, Darling, Hurn, Mckenzie, Nicnat, Shuey, Gaff, Waters (fitness) and Priddis would all make the side and then there are a few that are borderline.

Us and the crows would look really, really strong. Some great midfield talent would join in Dangerfield and Sloane, another gun defender in Talia and gun forward in Walker, plus a small forward in Betts.

Jacobs would obviously start on the bench though ;)
Plus Brodie Smith is the 6 I'd like to add to west coast. McGovern was very unlucky to miss, Browns in the bp, I like his shutdown ability and speed.Stuff Jacobs I want someone more versatile on the bench than a tap ruckman(although one of the best in afl). I picked the team as if I were coach and selwood made it because he's a quality tagger

Wear Sunscreen

Last edited:
What a load of s**t. Out of our best 22 at the very least Kennedy, Lecras, Darling, Hurn, Mckenzie, Nicnat, Shuey, Gaff, Waters (fitness) and Priddis would all make the side and then there are a few that are borderline.
You lost me after Nicnat, a fit Waters yes but quite frankly ndot is closer to the truth than you.

What about Rosa, Yeo, McGovern, Lycett and Ellis? Would think any of them would be best 22 for GC if fit (Selwood as well as Lenny said - not in great form in the last couple of seasons but I think injury is a big part of that).

Those who are borderline - Masten, Brown, Schofield, Bennell, Cripps, Wellingham.

In fact, so far that's 15 players who I'd be pretty certain would make the side (if fit - question marks on a few admittedly), plus another 6 contenders.

Unfortunately things do drop off a bit after those 21 (Hutchings, Butler, Sheed are really depth at the moment at least), hence why it only takes a few injuries for us to start hurting at team selection time.

Hardly. You could put Ablett, Omeara and Swallow into our midfield and we would look like a fairly decent team. Just remember Gold Coast are yet to beat us.

Hardly. You could put Ablett, Omeara and Swallow into our midfield and we would look like a fairly decent team. Just remember Gold Coast are yet to beat us.
What team wouldn't want to merge with the Eagles we have it all.Its Tough picking the Gold Coast team, sort of get drawn in to picking how good they will be(maybe). I'd be more then happy to take the Bulldogs mids. We've got a great core of KP, Rucks and elite players to build around. Woosha stuffed up building our midfield and let too many spud players surround the quality ones every week.

What about Rosa, Yeo, McGovern, Lycett and Ellis? Would think any of them would be best 22 for GC if fit (Selwood as well as Lenny said - not in great form in the last couple of seasons but I think injury is a big part of that).

Those who are borderline - Masten, Brown, Schofield, Bennell, Cripps, Wellingham.

Rosa's tough to pick in a quality team, average kick and kicks too high and not fast for a winger. Masten and Brown are better then borderline.

Pathetic statement. Their list looks better than majority of the AFL lists on paper. Perhaps ours would look similar if we had access to multiple top 10 draft picks over consecutive years.

GC rucks and KPP are not at all ready , if our teams merged the only GC talls to play would IMO be

lynch ( who has kicked half the amount of goals as darling in his career ) but darling was a man child

Dixon vs lycett ?

May vs brown/schofield ?

That's about it !

But out of the rest i would like to fit in
Ablett , bennell swallow omera malceski prestia matera Martin

B. Yeo Emac Malceski
HB. Hurn brown swallow
C Priddis omera gaff
HF . Bennell lynch Lecras
F matera Kennedy Darling
Foll. Natanui ablett Shuey
Int. Prestia Lycett selwood Martin