Messi, Suarez & Neymar: The Best Front 3 In The Game?

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep hearing it will happen one day.

But obviously i don't agree with any of that. Hazards going to be at the Bridge for as long as we won't him IMO(and Ronaldo's still years away from leaving Real).
He's right though, Real and Barca have never come in for players from Chelsea yet. United who are much bigger than Chelsea and certainly more successful at the time lost Ronaldo to Real. When Real and Barca come knocking, you lose your players. They went and got Modric, Neymar, Bale, Suarez, Rodriguez etc etc... they are now after DDG and you know how that will end.

It's just they havent actively pursued a Chelsea player yet. When they do, let's see what happens.

It doesnt matter how a club handles them. The English media is insane. After the racial stuff and the biting. It was never gonna be good for him in England. He would have wanted out of Chelsea as much as he wanted out of Liverpool too.

I actually think Jose would have been best for him in these situations as he seems the master at taking the heat of the players and putting the focus on himself as he does numerous times a season.

Real poached Robben from Chelsea so it can be done, but I don't necessarily agree with the notion that if Madrid/Barca want a player then they'll get him. Can't see Hazard leaving Chelsea any time soon.

Robben was sold by Jose as he wasn't his style of player and was always injured wasn't he?.

He's right though, Real and Barca have never come in for players from Chelsea yet. United who are much bigger than Chelsea and certainly more successful at the time lost Ronaldo to Real. When Real and Barca come knocking, you lose your players. They went and got Modric, Neymar, Bale, Suarez, Rodriguez etc etc... they are now after DDG and you know how that will end.

It's just they havent actively pursued a Chelsea player yet. When they do, let's see what happens.

They pursued Courtois recently, apparently already have but failed with Hazard, can remember Ballack, Drogba, Cole etc also being linked to them at different stages too. It has happened.

Yeah but they're just the ones you know about. I'm sure there are others they've tried to sign that we don't know about because they failed to get them.

They pursued Courtois recently, apparently already have but failed with Hazard, can remember Ballack, Drogba, Cole etc also being linked to them at different stages too. It has happened.
Not to the extent they go to when they really want a player. I barely remember them pursuing Courtois and certainly not Hazard. When they get the media machine behind them and aggressively go after a big name. 9 out of 10 times they get it done.

Not to the extent they go to when they really want a player. I barely remember them pursuing Courtois and certainly not Hazard. When they get the media machine behind them and aggressively go after a big name. 9 out of 10 times they get it done.

I guess they don't go all out on unobtainable targets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chelsea have three things to offer that Liverpool do not.

1. Mourinho. The best coach in the world.
2. London. Genuine bona fide triple AAA alpha city. Arguably the world's favourite city.
3. Their sugar daddy has deeper pockets than the Fenway boys.

A combination of those three factors make them the only club in England with the exception of Manchester United who have a hope of resisting the Spanish duopoly at the moment.

things will change. At some point the EPL's vast financial lead will tell. At some point the financial cloak and dagger stuff behind Spanish football will come under the spotlight. Barcelona and others are deeply corrupt....the FIFA affair will make it more difficult to continue to turn a blind eye. At some point United will cease to be a cash cow for the Glazers. When that happens Madrid won't be shopping at the United superstore any more.

The pendulum is about to swing back in England's favour. The underlying reality is that the biggest richest clubs in the biggest richest league won't be selling clubs forever.

Depends how badly a played wants a move. No club can hold onto a player that wants out bad enough.

Chelsea and us are better placed than anyone to hold out against the likes of Real/Barca IMO. But if one if our players want out badly enough, we'd both sell up. Silva and Aguero have both had nibbles, but both made clear they're happy where they are. My change one day of course.

Real haven't gone after Hazard yet. It's just that Zidane regularly declares his admiration for him.

Hazard seems really happy at Chelsea but I can see him leave the day he believes that he will have a better chance at getting the ballon d'or at Real than he has at Chelsea. Or maybe he'll just want something else after 5 or so seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back