Lion for Life

All Australian
Feb 14, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club,Chicago Bulls
"Since the late 1970’s a thriving underground scene of extreme music has continued to evolve in Australia. Metal Down Under takes a look at the bands, people and events that have shaped this unique slice of Australian history.

More than just the music, we meet the characters that make metal in Australia what it is today. From promoters, radio hosts and magazine editors, to band members and extreme fans, Metal Down Under introduces you to a world you either didn’t want to know existed, or have been a part of all your life.

Featuring over 40 exclusive interviews as well as rare archive footage and photographs from Metal for the Brain, Metal for Melbourne, The Big Day Out, SBS, music videos, live concerts and much more.

Abramelin, Alarum, Alchemist, Allegiance, Andrew Haug, Blood Duster, Brian Giffin, Chris Maric, Dreadnaught, Frankenbok, Greta Tate, Hot Metal Magazine, iNFeCTeD, Johnny Stoj, Karnivool, King Parrot, Leigh Wilson, Lord Tim, Manticore, Matt Skitz, Mortal Sin, Mortification, Ne Obliviscaris, Nothing Sacred, Peter Hobbs, Phil Gresik, Psycroptic, Renegade, Sadistik Exekution, Segression, Simon Lukic, Soundworks Touring, Steve Hughes, Voyager & more.

“When you look back on the Australian metal scene, the bands that have made the biggest impact are the ones that had a bit of courage to do their own thing.” Tim Charles – Ne Obliviscaris

Writer / Director: Nick Calpakdjian - Produced by Animus Industries - Cinematography: Adrian Price"

http://www.metaldownunder.com/about/synopsis/

WATCH THE TRAILER HERE:

------------------------------

Just watched this brand new doco and it's an absolute must if at all interested in heavy music, the music scene itself and just Aussie culture in general, brilliant stuff 10/10 for me.

I really need to check this out. The metal scene seems so different now and would love to look into the past. I'm just shy of 30 so I only came through at the tail end of Metal for the Brain, Bloodlust, Overcranked etc and I don't know if it's just me but the vibe from even then seems so distant and gone. Then when you chat to some of the older blokes like those from GOTH or Vomitor they tell of an even earlier era that again is so different from anything I experienced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back