Multiplat Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Remove this Banner Ad

Soak this one up boys and girls.....because if this really is Hideo Kojima's last Metal Gear game then anything else created with the Metal Gear franchise will be below par in comparison. Konami may pay the bills, but Metal Gear is Kojima's baby.

Anyways....traditionally I always play the previous game in the lead up to when a new realise of MGS comes out. I'll start playing Ground Zeroes again in a few weeks, might also get into MGS3(Snake Eater) too just reacquaint myself with the Metal Gear world.

The wiki page for a series this big is always useful.

Yeah I'll be playing through Peace Walker & Ground Zeroes in the weeks before this drops.

This was always my most anticipated release of the year. Was talking about the game a day or so ago and just remembering how good each previous game was has me incredibly hyped for this.

Yeah I'll be playing through Peace Walker & Ground Zeroes in the weeks before this drops.

This was always my most anticipated release of the year. Was talking about the game a day or so ago and just remembering how good each previous game was has me incredibly hyped for this.

Same, I grabbed the PS3 HD collection and went through a lot of Peace Walker, then started Snake Eater (finished it on ps2) so I could experience the greatness again. Very hyped.

Same, I grabbed the PS3 HD collection and went through a lot of Peace Walker, then started Snake Eater (finished it on ps2) so I could experience the greatness again. Very hyped.

Yeah I'll be doing it via the HD collection as well. I haven't played much of Peace Walker before now as I didn't have a PSP when it was released.

So I'm looking forward to experiencing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is this Kojima's magnum opus or something he doesn't even want to exist? or somewhere in between? i haven't known how to feel about Metal Gear since all the crap with Konami and not enjoying 4 at all. but hearing it is coming out on PS3 has me interested. i want it only if it's Kojima's game..!

What are people's experiences with pre-ordering games from JB online? Game get to you on the day of release or after?

Thinking about pre-ordering through JB online but haven't done it before.

I have a few times and got on release day everytime. Last pre-order, monster hunter 4 even arrived a day early.

never played the series but watching the trailer and a few 40 min vids has me interested is there any other in the series I should look at picking up before release?

yes MGS 4 is one of the best games on ps3 but its set after the mgs5,

you would want to play MGS3, Peace walker and ground Zeros before you play MGS5, ground zeros is the prologue to MGS5 .

MGS2 and 3 have very dated controls, im not sure about Peace Walker but im guessing it is better.

Fans of the game say its better to play them in order of release but its up to you.

Im currently playing through the HD collection http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261589724185?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back