Multiplat Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Remove this Banner Ad

He also said the story is what it is, but it impacted on his experience of the game so lightly that it didn't really matter to him - hence the 10, I assume. Its just one person's opinion though.

Yeah that is true. I'm certainly just as excited about as I was before hand I just thought it was interesting he used such strong language to describe the story's shortcomings
It seems everyone is in total agreement about the gameplay being excellent so that's enough for me. If people are still wanting more after 50-60 hours it must be pretty special.

Embarrassing by Konami. I fear for the franchise after this game.
I'm not really sure where they could go timeline wise anyway without it being really dumb. Anything after 4 would be awful, about the only thing they could do that might get people interested in a post-Kojima world would be something with The Boss or re-making the MSX games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something that may help.

"While looking into the games Forward Operating Base (FOB) PvP mode, they found that you apparently needed something called “MB Coins” to access it, an in-game currency purchasable with real-life money, aka, a microtransaction.

MB Coins are required to buy “open water” which allows players to build their base, which prompted Gamespot to write a headline to suggest that the PvP mode was “locked” behind a microtransaction paywall

As it turns out, that isn’t strictly true.

Konami producer Kenichiro Imaizumi spoke up on Twitter to clarify that while MB Coins are purchasable, that they can also be earned during single player missions in game, and by completing other unnamed activities. Konami themselves told Gamespot that MB Coins are used as an “accelerator” for the mode, but PvP will indeed be open for everyone on launch day without a fee."

Last edited:
Something that may help.

"While looking into the games Forward Operating Base (FOB) PvP mode, they found that you apparently needed something called “MB Coins” to access it, an in-game currency purchasable with real-life money, aka, a microtransaction.

MB Coins are required to buy “open water” which allows players to build their base, which prompted Gamespot to write a headline to suggest that the PvP mode was “locked” behind a microtransaction paywall

As it turns out, that isn’t strictly true.

Konami producer Kenichiro Imaizumi spoke up on Twitter to clarify that while MB Coins are purchasable, that they can also be earned during single player missions in game, and by completing other unnamed activities. Konami themselves told Gamespot that MB Coins are used as an “accelerator” for the mode, but PvP will indeed be open for everyone on launch day without a fee."

All comes down to how reasonable it is to acquire them; if you can unlock everything through playing the game as normal it's no big deal, if it's a 100 hour grind to do it then it's underhanded.

As previously mentioned, have only played MGS1 and about half of MGS2, so in an attempt to get up to speed just watched IGN's 'Metal Gear in 5 mins' video and read a summary on gamesradar... think I'm more confused now than I was before o_Oo_Oo_O

I listened to some youtube primer on it, and about 30 seconds into I just said (aloud, and to no one) 'shut the * up, just shut the * up', and promptly turned it off.

Still plan on buying it though...

So tempted to get this game despite being uber s**t at previous MSG games

Time for some thinking music
homer-thinking.gif

So i've never played any of this series. No idea what its about, my only knowledge of snake is he has an eye patch.

Will number 5 be okay to start at? :D

You sicken me.

So i've never played any of this series. No idea what its about, my only knowledge of snake is he has an eye patch.

Will number 5 be okay to start at? :D

Got a spare 25 or so hours? :p

There's a mental playlist on youtube, every game pretty much complete going back to Metal Gear 1 and 2 (can't work out how to post it, forum just embeds the first vid in the playlist - just search for 'Metal Gear Solid MOVIES' by KefkaProduction if you're keen)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back