Bumped Metal Mick

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen this same bloke walking around TD saying 'wheres the passion' at the top of his voice when Port thumped us in the Final a few years back.

I've seen this same bloke walking around TD saying 'wheres the passion' at the top of his voice when Port thumped us in the Final a few years back.

Well didn't everyone say it that day. We go annihilated that day.

He is a great bloke. I sit near him every week and he is always friendly and happy to say g'day to other North Supporters. When we are struggling or he is annoyed at the way we are playing (eg. Last year), he pulls out a mean stare that i am glad i am not on the end of.
I can see others points about him getting annoyed at players but its only a "What are ya doin Simpson"?, "Geez Silly Mistakes Rawlings", "Silly Free Kicks North" etc in a loud voice.
Good on him for being a loyal passionate supporter :thumbsu:

great great guy, funny and most importantly loves the roos, it was obviously not him whoever claimed he was badmouthing players

I have nothing against the bloke. I know who he is but have never spoken to him or had anything to do with him. I'm sure he is a very passionate supporter (I'm not saying he isn't) and a great guy but the two NM cheer squad members that we know say that he does 'bag' the Roos players. They know him well - they sit near him in the cheer squad every time North play in Melbourne. They just made the comment one day (which did surprise me as well) that he does make negative comments towards the players and being a member of the cheer squad they thought he shouldn't be allowed to do so.

Bump. An odd request, but does anyone know where to find the Facebook group for Metal Mick? I saw it about a year ago, cannot locate it currently. Sat near the bloke in round 12, 2006, North vs Richmond. He was more entertaining than the game, on occasions! :p Still going around at North games this year, I take it?

This bloke sounds like a freaking legend.
Does he still attend games?

He's a bonafide North supporting legend JD and if The big ROObowski's correct, the games he's attending aren't open to the public.

I know back a year or so ago he got into a fracas with the police because he went into the Epping hotel (he's barred for life) and refused to leave. When the jacks turned up he is said to have picked up an 8 ball and piff it at the officers. They didn't take to kindly to it.

I know he got into a mess with the cops and was in massive strife over it. Fact.
I don't know, however, whether or not the ball thing is anything more than an urban legend.

Treats you like a brother if you are wearing north colours but Christ i'd hate to cross him. Strong as an ox.

What ever happend to mick? I spoke to him last year i'm pretty sure early last year.

does he still attend games? I remember when i was younger he'd always be the guys standing up after every goal. the guy is a legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too would love to know what happened to Mick. I last spotted him walking down Plenty Rd, Preston donning a sleeveless Metallica jean jacket and ghetto blaster on his shoulder around Christmas 2008.

Didn't see him at any games last year.

IIRC, he wasn't so much barred from the Epping Hotel but rather was not permitted to consume alcohol. Some local workers in the area would occasionally "shout him" a pot (of coke) and a parma at the Epping.

If the Mick you are referring to is the red headed guy that sits in the cheer squad and always has his thumbs pointing down at the oppositions cheer squad, then he is a TOOL....

(Unnecessary private info deleted) After a game at Skilled a few years back (when Haley kicked 8), I had to wait around as we walked out of the game as he was going nuts and was going to thump a couple of our elderly female cheer squad members due to an argument they had with him. I admit though, he is an icon and is funny at times, but sometimes gets carried away and even fights with his own supporters.

can anyone confirm it is the same Mick. I am 99.9% sure it is the same one being referred to here.

If the Mick you are referring to is the red headed guy that sits in the cheer squad and always has his thumbs pointing down at the oppositions cheer squad, then he is a TOOL....

After a game at Skilled a few years back (when Haley kicked 8), I had to wait around as we walked out of the game as he was going nuts and was going to thump a couple of our elderly female cheer squad members due to an argument they had with him. I admit though, he is an icon and is funny at times, but sometimes gets carried away and even fights with his own supporters.

can anyone confirm it is the same Mick. I am 99.9% sure it is the same one being referred to here.

Thats definitely him, has he been 2 any games recently?

He is also known for saying ROOOSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Pretty much the same clowns (myself included) posting in 2007 are still going strong today.

Can't decide whether that's cool or sad.

Gooooo Denissssss Pagansssssssss.

Whenever Daniel Wells kicked a goal, Mick would say:

'Mr MAGIC DANIEL WELLLSSSSSSSSS"

He was known for putting his thumbs down when the opposition club song started.

Haven't seen him at the footy since 07.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back