News PeopleFirst (Bank) Stadium and Precinct

Remove this Banner Ad

^ obviously that's just an artist's impression but I got the feel it looked taller than that. if that is the suns facilities at the back then its good they know their priorities. :p

about 10 cement trucks were lined up at the gates this morning!

^ obviously that's just an artist's impression but I got the feel it looked taller than that. if that is the suns facilities at the back then its good they know their priorities. :p

Agree the 3-4 story white frame appears to be at the western end which looks different to the artists impression. I must admit that I am suprised by the overall size of the facility and the sports area ???? they are building over the road

Should be interesting to see how it develops. A photo might be nice exile :p

Well there's a Disneyland in Shanghai so it could be the same owners
It's not. But doing some further research has found that the two Asian Disneyland Resorts (Shanghai and Hong Kong), both are only part owned by Disney. The yet-to-open Shanghai Disney is only minority owned by Disney (~40%) with the rest owned by the major funder of the project. Same with the Hong Kong Disney, with the majority owned by the HK Government (who also funded most of it).

So in fact if Wanda would strike a deal with Disney to build a Disneyland in Australia, it could very well be a Disney park.

Although knowing Disney and their current themepark planning, they'd likely put it somewhere without other parks. They'd put it somewhere quirky like Cairns or Newcastle or something rather than a strip of land with 5 other themeparks within 15 minutes.

It's not. But doing some further research has found that the two Asian Disneyland Resorts (Shanghai and Hong Kong), both are only part owned by Disney. The yet-to-open Shanghai Disney is only minority owned by Disney (~40%) with the rest owned by the major funder of the project. Same with the Hong Kong Disney, with the majority owned by the HK Government (who also funded most of it).

So in fact if Wanda would strike a deal with Disney to build a Disneyland in Australia, it could very well be a Disney park.

Although knowing Disney and their current themepark planning, they'd likely put it somewhere without other parks. They'd put it somewhere quirky like Cairns or Newcastle or something rather than a strip of land with 5 other themeparks within 15 minutes.
How the Gold Coast almost became the happiest place on Earth

I understand your justification but you may want to read this article before writing the Gold Coast off. It details the push for Disneyland Down Under on the Gold Coast in the 1990s and just how close the city was to becoming the happiest place on Earth. They went with Disneyland Hong Kong instead because of the money that could be made in China.

I have a feeling Wanda got wind of this story when it came out two months ago and set their sights on making Disneyland a reality. Just my gut feel.

How the Gold Coast almost became the happiest place on Earth

I understand your justification but you may want to read this article before writing the Gold Coast off. It details the push for Disneyland Down Under on the Gold Coast in the 1990s and just how close the city was to becoming the happiest place on Earth. They went with Disneyland Hong Kong instead because of the money that could be made in China.

I have a feeling Wanda got wind of this story when it came out two months ago and set their sights on making Disneyland a reality. Just my gut feel.
Wow, that's amazing. Didn't know that! I would love for Wanda to strike a deal with Disney to make it a reality.

I went to Disneyland in California early last year and it was amazing. Easily one of the best moments of my life. It makes you relive almost every moment of your childhood and makes you feel like a kid again. Truly amazing.

If that same feeling could be replicated by making a D'unda Disney on the GC, I'd buy myself a annual pass and basically live there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few updated pics from Suns
The red area is where the Suns' training and admin facilities are being built:

fqXx6Ck.jpg

It's supposed to look like this when it's done:

cAMJlhb.jpg

Also, the soccer fields over the road do seem to be taking a while:

wJKuOfO.jpg

soccer fields have definitely slowed right down. although that road along it looks new, dunno if i've seen that before. maybe i wasn't really paying attention to that part haha.

the suns facilities are tracking along nicely. every couple of days it seems like a new part of the big white frame is added. definitely great to see it from a different perspective! the golf facility is going up very quick also!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back