Metricon Viewing

Remove this Banner Ad

If a visitor went to Metricon, what areas/bays would be the best to watch the game and which should they avoid? Thanks for your input. See you on June 13.
Any where it is a very nice open stadium, easy access to walk from one end to another. Just get there early and find your preferred seat. There is heaps to do as well out side of the stadium with bands, pubs etc

Honestly, Metricon is the best stadium in Australia that can be summed up by saying 'no matter where you sit, you'll have a great view'. Even right at the top of the second tier has a fantastic view. General Admission won't sell out for a Freo game, so you'll even get a great choice of seating on the cheap.

Small stadium, great viewing no matter where you sit.

Honestly, Metricon is the best stadium in Australia that can be summed up by saying 'no matter where you sit, you'll have a great view'. Even right at the top of the second tier has a fantastic view. General Admission won't sell out for a Freo game, so you'll even get a great choice of seating on the cheap.

Small stadium, great viewing no matter where you sit.

Agree, have watched footy at all grounds except the sydney grounds and this post is spot on

anywhere up on the second tier is great. although, having said that, the suns vs freo game is an arvo one, and if you're on the eastern side then you'll have the sun in your eyes for a part of the later half of the game. shouldn't be too much, after a while the western side should block it depending on where you sit.

i've sat pretty much everywhere across the last couple years, with the exception of some of the lower sections towards the northern end. i've even been up in the fancy west side for a couple games, on "the deck" which is by far the best viewing point. not a great atmosphere though.

the videos linked below show the membership seating views, but you can pretty much get a gist of what it would be like.

on the map below, i'm fairly certain the greyed out areas get opened up to general admission once it starts to fill up the orange. a fair few opposition supporters get tickets around 225-228.

since the sun sets higher in the sky during winter, anything from 201-205 should be good for later in the game when the sun gets lower. shouldn't be looking into it too much if you're sitting there.

i've got membership tickets in 221, so i've never had to go through getting GA tickets, so i'm not sure on the availability of those areas though.
2015_Membership_Map.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back