MFL - Senior Final Six 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

BIG CALL COMING UP HERE.

I am tipping that Rumbalara or Deni will make the final six.
If you look at the draw Numurkah or Finley or Congupna may only win another 3 games for the year, because they have a horrific draw coming up for the remainder of the season. Rumbalara and Deni have a relativley easier draw and could win a further 6 games, as Rumbalara follow Deni in the fixture so they both play the same teams and the last round of Deni v Rumba could slide one of these two into the final six.

What does everyone think?

Mar 26, 2006
Queensland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Re: MFL Senior Final Six 2007

BIG CALL COMING UP HERE.

If you look at the draw Numurkah or Finley or Congupna may only win another 3 games for the year, because they have a horrific draw coming up for the remainder of the season. Rumbalara and Deni have a relativley easier draw and could win a further 6 games, as Rumbalara follow Deni in the fixture so they both play the same teams and the last round of Deni v Rumba could slide one of these two into the final six.

Maybe rumba as there pace is a worry to some sides and they have a very good ruckman homer but i just don't think you guys (deni) have enough good players to make the finals. Deni lack a good key forward unless you guys can afford to play a bloke like marshall out of the square.

Maybe rumba as there pace is a worry to some sides and they have a very good ruckman homer but i just don't think you guys (deni) have enough good players to make the finals. Deni lack a good key forward unless you guys can afford to play a bloke like marshall out of the square.

Good call RT, we would love that luxury.

goodgolly24

Team Captain
Mar 18, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rumbalara

Thanks for the show of faith Homer. I can't speak for the whole team but i'd like to think that with our strongest list we're a chance to make the finals. We've had a shocking run with injuries thus far but the good news is most of them are coming good and should be right by October.
We've played alot of games this season so far that i think we should have won, and with any luck next time around we should.
But i think everyones agreed on the top 3 in one way or another being:
Nathalia
Mulwala
Barooga
The last 3 spots are open for interpritation and i'd like to hear people's opinion but i'd think it go's something like:
Congupna
Numurkah
Rumbalara
(And if not Rumba than definatly Deni or Finley)

Now I never played against Finley so i can't rate them. I don't want to make other teams sound "limp" or unworthy but I'm afraid even though Deni beat us. . . On our own ground. . . .That we've beaten, and lost to perhaps "better" sides.
Moama defeated us at home as well but i don't think that'll hapen again.
And Tongala. . . Simply had more heart then we did and earnt every point they scored.

No don't get me wrong because although to some i might sound cocky, I/we can see we still have a longt way to go before we make the finals and as we all know anything can happen in footy.

But while i've got the chance, i'd like to know what it's gonna take to beat Nathalia this year come finals. When we played them we got pumped. But i don't reackon their perfect. In fact i reckon if a team went into the game with the right attitude they could set them selves up at the start. Ive noticed that most teams can stick with them up untill half time and then come third quarter, they blow everyone apart.

So, whats i gonna take??:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for the show of faith Homer. I can't speak for the whole team but i'd like to think that with our strongest list we're a chance to make the finals. We've had a shocking run with injuries thus far but the good news is most of them are coming good and should be right by October.
We've played alot of games this season so far that i think we should have won, and with any luck next time around we should.
But i think everyones agreed on the top 3 in one way or another being:
Nathalia
Mulwala
Barooga
The last 3 spots are open for interpritation and i'd like to hear people's opinion but i'd think it go's something like:
Congupna
Numurkah
Rumbalara
(And if not Rumba than definatly Deni or Finley)

Now I never played against Finley so i can't rate them. I don't want to make other teams sound "limp" or unworthy but I'm afraid even though Deni beat us. . . On our own ground. . . .That we've beaten, and lost to perhaps "better" sides.
Moama defeated us at home as well but i don't think that'll hapen again.
And Tongala. . . Simply had more heart then we did and earnt every point they scored.

No don't get me wrong because although to some i might sound cocky, I/we can see we still have a longt way to go before we make the finals and as we all know anything can happen in footy.

But while i've got the chance, i'd like to know what it's gonna take to beat Nathalia this year come finals. When we played them we got pumped. But i don't reackon their perfect. In fact i reckon if a team went into the game with the right attitude they could set them selves up at the start. Ive noticed that most teams can stick with them up untill half time and then come third quarter, they blow everyone apart.

So, whats i gonna take??:confused::confused::confused:

Unfortunatly, cant see any team getting over the Purps.
Deni caught Rumba on a good day after Rumba had been to the MCG the night before, so we very lucky with that one, however Moama beat us as well and that should of been a win.
Our draw is terriffic 4 of our last 5 games are at home.
Injuries the same as a lot of teams have taken their toll this year, still are looking to get our best team on the paddock at the one time.
If either Rumba or Deni can beat either Congupna or Finley and win the so called winable games, one of them will make it to the Finals.
Maybe just maybe if Rumba and Deni get on a roll the Final six could look like this
Nathalia, Mulwala, Barooga, Numurkah, Rumbalara, Deni Rams.
Makes the Deni v Rumba match in the last round look very interesting.

Cheers everyone.

Mar 26, 2006
Queensland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Unfortunatly, cant see any team getting over the Purps.
Deni caught Rumba on a good day after Rumba had been to the MCG the night before, so we very lucky with that one, however Moama beat us as well and that should of been a win.
Our draw is terriffic 4 of our last 5 games are at home.
Injuries the same as a lot of teams have taken their toll this year, still are looking to get our best team on the paddock at the one time.
If either Rumba or Deni can beat either Congupna or Finley and win the so called winable games, one of them will make it to the Finals.
Maybe just maybe if Rumba and Deni get on a roll the Final six could look like this
Nathalia, Mulwala, Barooga, Numurkah, Rumbalara, Deni Rams.
Makes the Deni v Rumba match in the last round look very interesting.

Cheers everyone.

I think Mulwala have a good chance of knocking off Nathalia if they have all there players fit. THey have a good blend of small and tall players all over the ground and some very quick midfielders/half forwards.

goodgolly24

Team Captain
Mar 18, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rumbalara

I think Mulwala have a good chance of knocking off Nathalia if they have all there players fit. THey have a good blend of small and tall players all over the ground and some very quick midfielders/half forwards.

They've definately got a good combination, and good luck to them.
They've got a fairly good midfield, and a strong forwardline when their all available. But they've only got one good backman in Parker (although he is pretty handy), i think he'd need more help come finals. Any agree/disagree??

Apr 15, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon

I think To beat Nathalia I would play a brand of footy that is not going to be great to watch. Think I would try and neagate their midfield dominance, don't think u can beat these guys in a traditional one on one midfield role. I think i would then stack my forward line with as much pace as I could and would probably try to stay fairly small. Apart from the midfielders who are in neagative roles would be playing attacking footy through the rest of the ground. Get ball in quick and low to forwards and accept that Parker and Vallender are going to kick 10 between them. Hopefully at the end of the day you have enough on the board. Dont think that intimidation will work with these guys as there are too many old heads. Good luck but in saying all this are still tipping Nathalia to win G Final bye 5 goals no matter who they play.

goodgolly24

Team Captain
Mar 18, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rumbalara

A slight change of topic,
Who do people think will win this years league medal, and try and back it up with an explanation.

Mar 26, 2006
Queensland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

A slight change of topic,
Who do people think will win this years league medal, and try and back it up with an explanation.

Nath Gemmill i reckon even though a lot of blokes on bigfooty will think too many of his team mates will take votes away from him. He is the best rover in the league has won the medal before, doesn't back chat umpires and nathalia hasn't lost a game yet. Maybe a Matty Byers to challenge him as he has had a good year and has a history of winning league medals or polling well in them (Morrison-GV and Morris-OMFL Medals). Smokey's would be Wellington (due to his Rep), Edwards (ruckman Rumba) and Stevens (rep also) from Mulwala.

Who do you think Hank, willo and homer?

willo1

Team Captain
Aug 2, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Mountain Goats

Nath Gemmill i reckon even though a lot of blokes on bigfooty will think too many of his team mates will take votes away from him. He is the best rover in the league has won the medal before, doesn't back chat umpires and nathalia hasn't lost a game yet. Maybe a Matty Byers to challenge him as he has had a good year and has a history of winning league medals or polling well in them (Morrison-GV and Morris-OMFL Medals). Smokey's would be Wellington (due to his Rep), Edwards (ruckman Rumba) and Stevens (rep also) from Mulwala.

Who do you think Hank, willo and homer?
I would agree that Nathan Gemmill will poll highly, as in previous years, the players who poll highly on the Barooga Sports Club Player of the Year award, poll well in the league Best and Fairest.

In such a classy team such as Nathalia, because there are so many top quality players within that team, umpires would find it hard to vote, so I believe they would go with a consistent performer such as Nathan Gemmill knowing that he rarely has an off game.

I would expect that players such as Sean Logie (Toc), Michael Stevens (Mul), Nathan Parker (Mul), Shannon Emmett (Cong) and Matthew Byers (Bar) will poll well as they have been the more consistent performers for their teams this season.

BIG CALL COMING UP HERE.

I think Rumba WILL make the final six now for sure, Deni had to beat Congupna and now need to win all remaining games, but I think Rumba are certainties now to replace either Numurkah or Congupna.
Cheers:thumbsu:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

goodgolly24

Team Captain
Mar 18, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rumbalara

I think Rumbas challange for a finals position is all but over! we let it slip against Congupna and now i think we're out of the race. . . Oh well thats footy

I think Rumbas challange for a finals position is all but over! we let it slip against Congupna and now i think we're out of the race. . . Oh well thats footy

Final six will stay as it is now with top six by far the best as the percentages suggest.

Nathalia v Mulwala Grand Final.

Rumba and Rams will be big improvers next year and will both push hard for a spot in the finals in 2008.

Good Luck to all playing finals this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back