Teams Miami Dolphins - The Fins

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Dolphins Sale will go thru....Parcells to STAY

Please Al Davis, call Bill and lure him to Oakland, knowing you need to find someone to carry on long-term the Raiders football operations, and ownership, with your health and age ever-decreasing, and that you cant rely on your son Mark who is renowned for not being interested AT ALL in football or the business.

Hang on GG, what are you thinking? You really think Tuna is going to pull the plug on all the work he has done after getting mission ONE accomplished in one season?? That's just NUTS!

Perhaps it's time to lie down and pray Al Davis skips a beat or two in his sleep so your belovered Raiders organisation can start over with a cast of open minds at the helm. That's the only way up I'm afraid.

Parcells and Davis are close friends.
Parcells always refuses to work for Davis IF (as he has said himself) he isnt in full control. But would otherwise no problem.
Parcells is also interested in team ownership.
Davis' health is slipping badly of late, and his biggest concern is that he hasnt the right people in place, trustable, old-school, genuine, people who can run the Raiders after he passes away.
Davis would want to ensure the traditions of the Raiders are held in place etc.
Mark Davis is not fit for ownership and would sell the team in a day to avoid inheritance tax and avoid football and business.
He's a playboy type who has a history of drug problems etc.
If Davis was preparing for the future, he would sell Parcells a share of the team, and work him in as GM/VP and take a back seat heading towards his death.
Parcells would not say no.
In fact, when the Jets-Raiders game was on, Davis was in a very bad way health-wise, and many ex-Raiders etc came just to see him, spend time with him. And even Parcells during that time (post-Kiffin) said he'd be interested in helping Al out if that opportunity came about.

It's obviously more improbable to happen, a dream come true etc, but you never know, never say never. Parcells even left the door open in the bit you posted. But for sure, with Davis' track-record, you'd have to say it can ONLY happen IF Davis bites that bullet and makes such an effort, otherwise it wont happen.

It's obviously more improbable to happen, a dream come true etc, but you never know, never say never. Parcells even left the door open in the bit you posted. But for sure, with Davis' track-record, you'd have to say it can ONLY happen IF Davis bites that bullet and makes such an effort, otherwise it wont happen.

I think the opportunity has passed for now. Tuna is on a mission and I'd be stunned if the Dolphins can't accommodate Tuna's directions. Could be a while
before Tuna's mission is complete. ;) Perhaps the glimpse of hope is there if the radical circumstances of life occur.. Tuna spits the dummy with new 'Fins owner and makes a bee-line to Oakland.. keep dreaming.. GG. :)

Re: Dolphins Sale will go thru....Parcells to stay

I guess no team is safe from people leaving, getting better offers, wanting a new challenge to resurrect another team, etc.

But the Bills are long-suffering and it would've been infinitely better had they won a SB or two back then, especially against the 'Boys.

The guys in the front office can't do anything more. Their mission was complete x4. The players had to finish it and unfortunately two of the four real chances went begging. Tuna would wanna see the 'Fins get to a CC before he moves on IMHO.

The guys in the front office can't do anything more. Their mission was complete x4. The players had to finish it and unfortunately two of the four real chances went begging. Tuna would wanna see the 'Fins get to a CC before he moves on IMHO.

Parcells is not leaving

Parcells said at the senior bowl while scouting players for the dolphins draft when asked about leaving; "what does it look like" "What do your eyes tell you"

end of story.

Parcells is not leaving

Parcells said at the senior bowl while scouting players for the dolphins draft when asked about leaving; "what does it look like" "What do your eyes tell you"

end of story.

It's ok Ludacris, I was one of the FIRST to confirm to GG, that Tuna was staying...scroll down from the top and you'll see my posts. ;) Just throwing it back on GG who is sooooooo desperate for the Raidahhhs to reel Tuna in.. i actually read that quote myself... hopefully GG will read it also and stop harping on and on. "close friends to Al Davis" got GG all overexcited..

It's ok Ludacris, I was one of the FIRST to confirm to GG, that Tuna was staying...scroll down from the top and you'll see my posts. ;) Just throwing it back on GG who is sooooooo desperate for the Raidahhhs to reel Tuna in.. i actually read that quote myself... hopefully GG will read it also and stop harping on and on. "close friends to Al Davis" got GG all overexcited..
Or if you were to scroll a little less down from the top you'd see who brought the correct news first. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or if you were to scroll a little less down from the top you'd see who brought the correct news first. ;)

ok.. a 'may' article was 50/50 stuff but I think it's all about rebutting the OP and GG's 'real' message. You just have to smother GG's flame more convincingly otherwise he'll keep lighting the flame. ;) Nothing personal against our great MOD but he sure is ever hopeful of some miracle to get his Raiders back on track.

Right on cue, good ole Bill throws me a bone...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01242009/sports/jets/parcells__rex_has_what_it_takes__just_li_151672.htm

Parcells was 3-12-1 his rookie season. He reached out to some of the NFL's greats for help and guidance.

"Al Davis was a very, very big help to me," Parcells said. "He's been a lifelong friend. I've known him since I was 21. Coach (Tom) Landry was a very very big help. . . . Coach (Chuck) Knox . . . Coach (Chuck) Noll . . . I also remember the ones that didn't, or couldn't. . . . I made up my mind if I was ever in position to help a young coach at any level, I would do it."

Asked if there was a common thread to their advice, Parcells said: "Just coach your team. Don't try to get in anybody else's business. Tell 'em what kind of player you want, if you know. They said if you don't know, you're gonna get fired anyway."

Re: Dolphins Sale will go thru....Parcells to leave

He might leave, he might stay.
Im not saying he is going to Oakland at all, I highly doubt it.
But am just backing up the "close friendship" that some seemed to scoff at between Davis and Parcells.
I just hypothesize that if Davis is looking for someone to pass the torch on to, it might be his son Mark in ownership only, but Davis knows he needs real football people running the team, and has mentioned names like Ron Wolf, John Madden, before. But they and Parcells are all old (in their 60's) so that might not eventuate.
If anyone is likely tho, imo it would be Parcells as he is still in the NFL and has interest in owning a team himself.
It's just hypothesizing by me.

He might leave, he might stay.
Im not saying he is going to Oakland at all, I highly doubt it.
But am just backing up the "close friendship" that some seemed to scoff at between Davis and Parcells.
I just hypothesize that if Davis is looking for someone to pass the torch on to, it might be his son Mark in ownership only, but Davis knows he needs real football people running the team, and has mentioned names like Ron Wolf, John Madden, before. But they and Parcells are all old (in their 60's) so that might not eventuate.
If anyone is likely tho, imo it would be Parcells as he is still in the NFL and has interest in owning a team himself.
It's just hypothesizing by me.

GG, it's not happening. Let it go....it's ok. The Raiders will find someone, maybe, perhaps.

In his most definitive comments yet about his future with the Miami Dolphins, football operations boss Bill Parcells declared he intends to return to the club he helped rebuild from a one-win season into AFC East champions.

"My intention is to do what I've been doing," Parcells told the New York Daily News for Saturday's editions. "I think we will have ample time to figure each other out. I'm very optimistic."figure each other out. I'm very optimistic."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3857690

Not sure if this is the best place to put this for everyone to see but....try and get your hands on the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary Run Ricky Run. It's a great insight into the man who turned his back on football only to come back and tear it up years later. Some of the stuff that all the guys on TV shows said about him back then were brutal.

I got it through tenyardtorrents but it is on youtube, which could have saved me some downloads.....
Part 1
[YOUTUBE]jNolZXVW6B4[/YOUTUBE]

Part 2
[YOUTUBE]uLtmS2KJuas[/YOUTUBE]

Part 3
[YOUTUBE]rjTv2f3xMkE[/YOUTUBE]

Part 4
[YOUTUBE]EmuY7mrs4T8[/YOUTUBE]

Part 5
[YOUTUBE]4d1MwaEtS-4[/YOUTUBE]

Part 6
[YOUTUBE]6Imbffr1vww[/YOUTUBE]

thinking about becoming a "dol-fan" this season when the packages are released, anyone sign up for this? is it worth the money?

was going to sign up last year specifically for the wall decor pull-down flag, good investment or not?

Not a good way to run a football department Mr Parcells...

Kendall Langford Loses $50,000 Earring During Practice, Teammates Stop to Help
9/01/2010 12:45 PM ET By Tom Lorenzo
Don’t you hate when you’re going about your day and, suddenly, you realize that your $50,000 earring fell out of your ear at work? It’s the worst! So you can imagine how Miami Dolphins defensive end Kendall Langford must have felt on Tuesday when he realized that his 2.5 carat diamond earring had fallen out of his ear during practice.

The incident was tragic enough that the team halted practice and, according to SI.com, at least nine players were “crawling across the field” searching for Langford’s earring. These players went above and beyond the call of duty, according to the “Bro Code.” Nowhere in the 150 articles of brodom does it say that one needs to crawl across a football field in search of another bros earring. Though if I were writing “Sex and the City 3″ I might write this scene into the movie.

Naturally, Langford was appreciative of his teammates efforts. “I’ve got a great group of guys out here helping me out — family-type guys,” he told SI.com.

Langford and his teammates did have to give up their search for the lost earring due to a team meeting. I have a feeling this will be the last time Langford forgets to take off his earrings before practice. In fact, I’ll wager $50,000 on it.

My only gripe is that they did not immediately check the filter in the dolphin tank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back