Teams Miami Dolphins - The Fins

Remove this Banner Ad

If Suh is going to get suspended, he should do it this year
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 11, 2015, 7:41 PM EDT
suh.jpeg
AP
There’s no question that Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh comes to play every Sunday. Unless he gets suspended.

Suh has never missed a game — and never even missed a snap — to injury in his NFL career. But he did miss two games when he was suspended for stomping on Green Bay’s Evan Dietrich-Smith, and Suh’s reputation as a dirty player means he’s always at risk of getting suspended.

In the NFL, a player’s suspension also costs him his game check. And that’s where things get interesting when it comes to the contract Suh signed with the Dolphins today.

This year, the vast majority of Suh’s pay comes from a $25.5 million signing bonus. His base salary this year is $985,000. But next year, Suh’s base salary shoots up to $23.5 million.

That means that if Suh gets a one-game suspension in 2015, it will cost him one game check, or $57,941. If Suh gets a one-game suspension in 2016, it will cost him one game check, or $1.38 million.

It would make more sense for the NFL to fine players one-seventeenth of their total compensation for the year when they get suspended, rather than one-seventeenth of their base salary. But that’s not the way it works. Which means if Suh is going to get suspended, he should do it this year.

According to the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are "hoping to leave defenses scrambling and confused by moving receivers to different positions."

It's why Jarvis Landry has been getting the occasional snap on the outside in OTAs. Seeking mismatches is never a bad idea, but Landry would simply be overmatched outside. Kenny Stills' speed makes him a threat both inside and out, while DeVante Parker's size can help him overwhelm smaller corners in the slot. That's where the Dolphins will get their mismatches, not from Landry manning the boundary.

Source: Miami Herald

Carolina 7-8-1
Miami 8-8

Go figure...

Playoffs and 0.5 behind you with:

Newton ankle surgery, Newton car crash, playing old hacks over youngsters (DeCoud over Boston as soon as we let the young guys play our secondary was much better), Tolbert injury (hugely underrated for us, we have a great record when he is in our line up), regenerating our receiving corp it was 1 WR and 1 TE that was all of it for the entire season it, a non existent KO and PR - special teams unit was putrid and gave us absolutely nothing, O-Line didn't get its s**t together until late in the year and is much more settled this year, Hardy distractions….. it was never ending.

My comment was just a little tongue in cheek, Fins will be good to watch this year and i do love Parker. Tough division, but i have you finishing 2nd in it and making the playoffs.

Last edited:
I'm watching Espn right now and they're talking about Suh, what a beast

He's actually a troublesome thug and not worth the headaches to keep… that's why the Lions cut him loose. It's up to ex-Packers OC, now 'Fins HC entering season #4 (23-25) Joe Philbin to get his team aligned and pressing for the AFCE Division… it's gonna be their biggest chance in a while. The Bills are also gonna push for the title because Rex says so. And don't overlook the J-E-T-S who are flying under the radar in the AFCE. It's gonna be one heck of a Divisional dogfight. You're gonna be loving it nahnah. Great time to make a splash and swim with the 'mighty fins'. Pats are overdue to be reeled in.

Are you being sarcastic or was my decision actually ok
I'm never, ever sarcastic...

I'm completely genuine though, Tannehill and Parker will be causing massive headaches for OCs the next 10 years. I do question the big contract to Suh, but he's not an off-field distraction at least.

Team only needs some minor tinkering to be a contender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't watch us much do you? lol

Not Particularly, but I watch a lot of football and I see Tannehill as one of the top qbs over the next 10-15 years.

And if you have a great qb, you're going to be at least competitive while he's behind centre, no matter whis around him!

Not Particularly, but I watch a lot of football and I see Tannehill as one of the top qbs over the next 10-15 years.

And if you have a great qb, you're going to be at least competitive while he's behind centre, no matter whis around him!

There's a few problems with Tannehill. One, his numbers look better than they really are because our passing system consists of a diet of short routes. Two, by extension of that, he has a bit of a noodle arm when it comes to the deep ball. And three, he is yet to show he is capable of putting the team on his back and pulling out the win like Luck does on a consistent basis.

He could become one of the best QB's in the league in time, but I kinda feel that he looks a bit better than he is because apart from the above mentioned points, there are a lot of incredibly sucky QB's out there at the moment.

Having said all this, we've made some good moves in the off season. There is promise for sure. But as a Dolphins fan for 35 years, I can tell you, I've seen it all before, and it usually amounts to a whole lot of nothing.

There's a few problems with Tannehill. One, his numbers look better than they really are because our passing system consists of a diet of short routes. Two, by extension of that, he has a bit of a noodle arm when it comes to the deep ball. And three, he is yet to show he is capable of putting the team on his back and pulling out the win like Luck does on a consistent basis.

He could become one of the best QB's in the league in time, but I kinda feel that he looks a bit better than he is because apart from the above mentioned points, there are a lot of incredibly sucky QB's out there at the moment.

Having said all this, we've made some good moves in the off season. There is promise for sure. But as a Dolphins fan for 35 years, I can tell you, I've seen it all before, and it usually amounts to a whole lot of nothing.
To be fair, he's learning to play qb on the fly, and he's doing a damn good job considering.

The Fins have nice young core on offense, if Parker and Ajayi can add to it like expected, I also like the addition of Cameron, gives them a great chance to be potent on that side of the field for quite a few years to come I think.

I like what they are doing. Steady progress.

Need to wear the all aqua/teal unis more often too :D It's vital to team success.

The Fins have nice young core on offense, if Parker and Ajayi can add to it like expected, I also like the addition of Cameron, gives them a great chance to be potent on that side of the field for quite a few years to come I think.

I like what they are doing. Steady progress.

Need to wear the all aqua/teal unis more often too :D It's vital to team success.

No.

Tannehill is pretty damn solid and seems to be improving each year which is what you want to see. At his best he can possibly get to top 10 but the offensive line is putrid ... apart from Albert. And too early to right off James. If this area improves, and really how can they not, but that should be the difference and perhaps finally allow the Dolphins to reach playoffs.

Tannehill, Landry, Miller and hopefully the Parkers/Stills have the talent to be a playoff team, and on the other end Wake/Suh are class. It's a good time to jump on the Dolphins ... though we have been here before!!

The Aqua is great too, how can you not love this?

tempRetroJerseys_6--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Tannehill is pretty damn solid and seems to be improving each year which is what you want to see. At his best he can possibly get to top 10 but the offensive line is putrid ... apart from Albert. And too early to right off James. If this area improves, and really how can they not, but that should be the difference and perhaps finally allow the Dolphins to reach playoffs.

Tannehill, Landry, Miller and hopefully the Parkers/Stills have the talent to be a playoff team, and on the other end Wake/Suh are class. It's a good time to jump on the Dolphins ... though we have been here before!!

The Aqua is great too, how can you not love this?

View attachment 157611

He was talking about this....

leodis-mckelvin-lamar-miller_pg_600.jpg

Not this....

9439574829_0bc9dddce1_o.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back