Michael Clarke announces his retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggers saying Clarke's been told "there's no place for him in the team after the Ashes"

If true, wow.

Why wow?

He's a known selfish prick, who puts himself in front of the team.

Once his form was terminal, they were always going to get rid of him - especially after seeing how people warmed to Smith as Captain.

The first great Australian player I can say that I followed his entire test career for.

Won two 5-0 Ashes series, won two world cups, scored big hundreds and played some great innings.

But yeah he was clearly past it

I reckon Hussey and Harris would have claims on that too?

Why wow?

Once his form was terminal, they were always going to get rid of him - especially after seeing how people warmed to Smith as Captain.

Yep. He was never going to be treated the way Ponting.

A few people probably loved getting an excuse to get rid of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wow?

It's a Hohns like move. Something we've been sorely lacking for a long time.

Aggers saying Clarke's been told "there's no place for him in the team after the Ashes"

If true, wow.

I think that shows the level of disharmony between Clarke and the selectors/coaches at the moment. It had to happen.

It's a Hohns like move. Something we've been sorely lacking for a long time.

Hohns returned to the selection panel last year.

It's Rod Marsh, Lehmann, Hohns and Mark Waugh.

Two blokes who don't like Clarke plus as you say Trevor Hohns.

My first memory is of watching Pup in the ING cup or whatever the 50 over comp was at the time. He was so refreshing and had all the flair in the world. Picked for the test team with not a lot of runs behind him but he succeeded after a hiccup. Despite all his failings he has still been a fine cricketer for Australia. Hitting that 329 at the SCG was special and his last ton for Australia was pretty special as well.

My first memory is of watching Pup in the ING cup or whatever the 50 over comp was at the time. He was so refreshing and had all the flair in the world. Picked for the test team with not a lot of runs behind him but he succeeded after a hiccup. Despite all his failings he has still been a fine cricketer for Australia. Hitting that 329 at the SCG was special and his last ton for Australia was pretty special as well.

And that century he scored in the 47 match was pretty special

Great career. We may be frustrated with him now but he carried the side for several years with Mike Hussey. Would really prefer he didn't play the last Test though, it's the perfect time to see what someone else can do but there's no way he won't have a farewell game.

Selectors may of offered him a chance to have a farewell test match and take all that pressure off before the Oval or risk being dropped for Bangladesh.

Question is who will get the VC position? It is simply a choice between Warner & Lyon I can't see how you can give it to anyone else.

Sounds like he was told he wasn't getting selected after this series anyway.

VC I guess has to be Warner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back