Michael Rogers tests positive to Clenbuterol

Remove this Banner Ad

Belnakor think that was MAtthew Lloyd of Lampre/Lotto. Evans was about mid point to low, Lloyd was a 9. Think Evans was about 3 or 4. I cant remember Dodger's number, i dont think he was listed says my memory, which will undoubtedly be incorrect in this case.

Matthew Lloyd was a 8. Dodger was a 7 and Cadel was a 4 (same as Armstrong)

Matthew Lloyd was a 8. Dodger was a 7 and Cadel was a 4 (same as Armstrong)
thnx, could not be bothered googling it. I assumed that (p'raps) you conflated Dodger and Lloyd. But I did qualify that and back myself out of it. Even tho i was involved as a go-fer in Geelong, I forget about cycling (for the better) about 7 years back

UCI announced overnight that Rogers will not be penalised for taking Clenbuterol, other than the penalties which have already been applied (and they can't undo without a time machine). Apparently Rogers & co were able to prove that the clenbuterol entered his body when he ate contaminated meat in China. The UCI have warned riders not to eat meat in China or Mexico, due to the likelihood of meat there being contaminated.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/no-ban-for-rogers-after-clenbuterol-positive
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cycling-australias-response-to-uci-non-sanction-of-rogers

Can't honestly say that I'm surprised by this. It's almost certain that he's been on the juice for most of his career, particularly at UK Postal, but I doubt he was actually guilty of taking clenbuterol deliberately. I think they probably made the right decision.

I have no doubt that he's been on the juice for most of, if not his entire career. Doubly so during his time at UK Postal. In that regard, I think it's almost ironic - a chronic doper gets busted for something he didn't actually intend to take.

There is no doubt that meat from China is commonly contaminated with clenbuterol. There have been far too many positives resulting from Chinese meat for this not to be taken into consideration.

Tinko Saxoff would have learned their lesson when Contador got busted. I doubt they would have let Rogers ride if there was even the slightest chance of him testing positive to something they'd given him. Besides which, why would he bother doping for a relatively obscure late season race? At least Contador was blood doping for the biggest race on the calendar, Rogers got busted in a pissy little race in Japan.

It just doesn't add up to me. The only explanation that makes any sense is contaminated meat.

** That's not to say that I believe Contador's story about contaminated meat. There is a world of difference between a steak bought in Spain and one purchased in China. Not to mention the (alleged) presence of plasticisers in the blood as well..

I have no doubt that he's been on the juice for most of, if not his entire career. Doubly so during his time at UK Postal. In that regard, I think it's almost ironic - a chronic doper gets busted for something he didn't actually intend to take.

Funnily enough this is what happened to Tyler Hamilton, at least that's what he says in his autobiography.

Funnily enough this is what happened to Tyler Hamilton, at least that's what he says in his autobiography.
I suspect that many positives are the result of drugs entering the body unintended. They're smart enough to avoid getting caught taking the drugs in their "programme"...

well, tyler was cuckolded by haven parchinski.

never trust a man whose wife goes on to sleep with Lance.

Tyler Hamilton, cuckolded man. and chump.

and liar. not to be believed. default setting should be disinformation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well, tyler was cuckolded by haven parchinski.

never trust a man whose wife goes on to sleep with Lance.

Tyler Hamilton, cuckolded man. and chump.

and liar. not to be believed. default setting should be disinformation

Can't remember where but I remember reading something where someone stated they wouldn't buy Hamilton's autobiography as it is basically funding him for a wrongdoing. Couldn't agree more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back