Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident, OFFICIAL UPDATE Awake, out of hospital

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Just saw the breaking news on Sky News!! Horrible. :(
I hope he's ok. What exactly do they mean by 'serious head injury'?? The report is very vague! Is he in a coma??

Just saw the breaking news on Sky News!! Horrible. :(
I hope he's ok. What exactly do they mean by 'serious head injury'?? The report is very vague! Is he in a coma??

Nobody knows anything yet.

Christophe Gernignon-Lecomte, director of the Meribel resort, told Radio Monte Carlo Sport: "He was shocked, a little shaken but conscious.
"It may be a head injury but it is not very serious."
He added: "He was wearing a helmet and banged [his head] against a rock."

The best out come for him it was reported about a head trauma when this was breaking

I really hate when the media jump to conclusion! How the * did they come up with 'serious head injury'??? They should have just reported that he was rushed to hospital and that they are unsure of his condition!

Good to hear it wasn't serious. I was worried there for a minute.

I really hate when the media jump to conclusion! How the **** did they come up with 'serious head injury'??? They should have just reported that he was rushed to hospital and that they are unsure of his condition!

Perhaps this?

http://translate.google.com/transla..._content=article&utm_campaign=seeding&act=url

Belgian newspaper De Standaard reporting the incident. Translated from Dutch by Google Translate.

Multiple F1 world champion Michael Schumacher has a severe head injury sustained during a skiing accident.

Good to hear it wasn't serious. I was worried there for a minute.

Perhaps this?

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20131229_005?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=dso&utm_content=article&utm_campaign=seeding&act=url

Belgian newspaper De Standaard reporting the incident. Translated from Dutch by Google Translate.

Ahh thanks for that! Really glad he's ok though. I was walking with my drink towards the TV room and almost tripped and spilled it when I saw the BREAKING NEWS banner across the screen.

Oh stuff it I won't be that much of a prat. Before I say this, just a reminder there has been NO official update saying this.

French media is reporting cerebral hemorrhage. His personal doctor has traveled to the hospital to assist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty shocked- the first news I heard via the BBC was 'serious but not life-threatening'. Now this.

I wish him well- he is far, far too young to go and F1 has lost too many icons at a young age, not to mention he has a young family who don't deserve to face anything like this.

OH FFS!! If they media can't find a credible source then they should just Shut the * up! They said early this morning that his injuries were not life threatening and now I find out that he has a brain hemorrhage and in a coma??? Typical crappy journalism!

Anyway, Hang in there Michael! :( The whole world is hoping you'll pull through!

OH FFS!! If they media can't find a credible source then they should just Shut the **** up! They said early this morning that his injuries were not life threatening and now I find out that he has a brain hemorrhage and in a coma??? Typical crappy journalism!

Anyway, Hang in there Michael! :( The whole world is hoping you'll pull through!

The initial statement from the hospita was posted above, it was the update a few hours later that confirmed it. Media was running with the facts they had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back