Michael Schumacher hurt in skiing accident, OFFICIAL UPDATE Awake, out of hospital

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25963926

Michael Schumacher's sedation is being reduced to allow "waking up process" to start, his manager says.

Guess we will soon have an indication how well he has held up through it all soon.

Theyre going to see how he copes, how bad the damage is.

They have to wake him, or at least attempt to. Its the only way to properly survey what damage there may be

This is just so terrifying- such a tremendous sportsman, whether you loved or loathed him... I really hope he makes a full recovery, even if the odds seem against it, there's always a chance.

Couldn't imagine what he would be feeling those very first moments when he wakes up and realises that he can't move or do anything. I could only think that he would go into a state of panic and shock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like he is gone.

Not to be insensitive but I think it's one of the strange things about medical technology that people are able survive being braindead. At some point you have to accept that they aren't coming back.

Sounds like he is gone.

Not to be insensitive but I think it's one of the strange things about medical technology that people are able survive being braindead. At some point you have to accept that they aren't coming back.
Yeah. I think in some cases, if not all, doctors can/do declare someone dead form their brain, rather than the heart.

Awesome news. I hold my breath every time I see this thread bumped, fearing the worst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back