Toast Michael "Son Son" Walters

Remove this Banner Ad

What's a tougher mountain to climb.

Teaching a highly skilled but low posession player to find more of the ball OR

Teaching a poorly skilled but high posession player to improve their kicking.

Which type ultimatley goes on to have the longer career?

Answer

C: Aaron Sandilands

Great idea, playing him in defence is something they should have done at Swans (or if they did, they should have persisted with it).

Seconded. Frodo would fit that role nicely - the only problem is that he is almost too short to pose any real danger to an overhead mark and the fact that we'd miss his goal kicking ability too much :p

Though Harves has seemed to start trialling Roger in the forward line - he can take a decent mark, still has some pace and can kick a goal or two :)

I only got to catch the 1st quarter on the weekend and thought Son-Son put in and his skill were great. He was clean in traffic and worked back (we needed it!). How was the rest of his match?

I recon we have scored a bargin here, he has talent and is hard. Just hope is attitude is up to it.

felt this needed a bump, Son Son i think has solidified his place in our best 22 such an exciting player to watch, great courage and decision making :thumbsu:

felt this needed a bump, Son Son i think has solidified his place in our best 22 such an exciting player to watch, great courage and decision making :thumbsu:

Totally agree. Took me back a couple of years when he tore me a new one in junior footy. Always had high hopes for him and he looks to be showing some fair dinkum signs of his potential now.

He's as hard as a cats head but all class with a footy. Great one touch ball handler and just uses it well. Doesn't look at all slow when there's a footy to be won!

Got caught out because of no right boot. Automatic -1 for me.

No wonder his left is good, it must be all he ever practices on......

Great to see him back just as a fan of footy as he light it up and looks awesome destroying teams when on fire, If you go on to win the flag it's cos this guy is back in your team as he free's up others :) i hope you like my post:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, blast from the past. Gees 5 years ago I started this thread!
Reading Son Son's "kick to Hase" made me a little sad though. What a natural footballer, deserved to be a part of what they have now. Reading Son Son being on par with Crichton made me laugh though. What a haircut.

Congratulations to Michael Walters for reaching the 50 game milestone this weekend. Let's celebrate it with a big goal haul and a win! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back