Traded Michael Talia [traded to Sydney w/ pick 69 for a 2016 round-four draft selection]

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro's line in her opinionated article "Cheney was questioned by a reportedly highly emotional Beveridge" is a nice bit of journalistic license. Bevo doesn't get emotional. He's calm and measured in the media and behind closed doors.

I think what everyone is forgetting here is that there are millions of dollars riding on the results of AFL games and any suggestion of collusion puts the integrity of the game into question. Anything like this needs to be fully investigated. Remember the game was only decided by a kick.

I don't think the Dogs have come out of this looking silly other than they've lost a young player that will be a very solid backman in years to come. Not only that but he is a grandson of a 1954 Bulldogs premiership player as well. His treatment would not of been taken lightly by the dogs at all.

Well I'm glad the super sleuths at the AFL sorted that out.

Here's my verdict.

D Talia......never even accused of any wrongdoing
M Talia....no case to answer
Beveridge. ....paranoid drama queen
Stratton.......prick
Cheney......clueless idiot.

As for the Talia boys 'losing' their phone records, I don't blame them or read too much into it......it's their way of saying they're not going to cooperate with such a ridiculous 'investigation'.

Caro's line in her opinionated article "Cheney was questioned by a reportedly highly emotional Beveridge" is a nice bit of journalistic license. Bevo doesn't get emotional. He's calm and measured in the media and behind closed doors.

I think what everyone is forgetting here is that there are millions of dollars riding on the results of AFL games and any suggestion of collusion puts the integrity of the game into question. Anything like this needs to be fully investigated. Remember the game was only decided by a kick.

I don't think the Dogs have come out of this looking silly other than they've lost a young player that will be a very solid backman in years to come. Not only that but he is a grandson of a 1954 Bulldogs premiership player as well. His treatment would not of been taken lightly by the dogs at all.
Its not only Caro who reported that Beveridge was emotional/fuming/in a rage when he called Cheney. I understand that you're invested in your coach but from a neutral uninvested party no matter which way the story is painted everyone involved in this looks silly.

Here's my verdict.

Stratton.......prick

As for the Talia boys 'losing' their phone records, I don't blame them or read too much into it......it's their way of saying they're not going to cooperate with such a ridiculous 'investigation'.

And fair enough too. Who would have thought that they should be held accountable for their actions. I mean, deliberately shredding/deleting information and/or documents to prevent punishments being handed out is the AFL way.... Particularly when combined with people changing their story several times during the investigation... That just speaks to the integrity of those involved.....

Yep, he definitely deleted text messages. Is there an AFL rule that says players have to store all text messages? (See how silly this has become? It was only ever an issue between M Talia and the Bulldogs. No need to involve D Talia and the AFL.)

And Cheney should have just told Beveridge to go **** himself.

And Stratton should learn not to be a sh1t stirring a.....hole.

Yep, he definitely deleted text messages. Is there an AFL rule that says players have to store all text messages? (See how silly this has become? It was only ever an issue between M Talia and the Bulldogs. No need to involve D Talia and the AFL.)

And Cheney should have just told Beveridge to go **** himself.

And Stratton should learn not to be a sh1t stirring a.....hole.

So he deleted messages and his brother somehow lost his phone at exactly the same time that they were being investigated for these breaches. Very convenient. Bit like Essendon having records for all activities except for that period where Dank was there.... Nothing to see here, please carry on....

FWIW, I think the actual incident has been blown out of proportion. But clearly, people are arse covering and protecting themselves - otherwise why lie, why delete messages, why 'lose' your phone - so what are they hiding ??

I'd have had no issue if the AFL had simply handed down a finding of 'any tactical or potentially tactical communications between players of different/opposing clubs will be immediately referred by a clubs integrity officer to the AFL'. By the way, what was Adelaide's integrity officer doing during this period ??

While I think this incident is harmless and had no impact on the game - this is potentially how organized crime can get into match fixing, by forcing or incriminating players to reveal secrets. So it needs to stop. I'm not blaming Adelaide here, but the AFL's stance needed to be tougher, clearly when it is obvious that efforts have been made to conceal the nature of the communication.

Its not only Caro who reported that Beveridge was emotional/fuming/in a rage when he called Cheney. I understand that you're invested in your coach but from a neutral uninvested party no matter which way the story is painted everyone involved in this looks silly.

Beveridge wouldn't even talk to Talia. The exit meeting Beveridge was suppose to attend with Talia, he wasn't there. Talia was thrown I to a room, getting questioned when he expected a meeting with the coach.

There seems to have been a massive falling out between Talia and Beveridge that happened prior to this, that potentially made a bigger issue then what was there.

I don't know who's fault that was, but something wasn't right especially since Talia refused a contract extension.

Ahhh no...
• One of Beveridge's personality traits is that he is calm and measured under pressure. That's one of the reasons why he got the job. You've now added in 'emotional/fuming/in a rage' as if it is based on some sort of delusional fact to help your argument. you should get a job working with Caro. You've got her style down pat.
• Cheney called Beveridge not the other way around. He called him twice and there was no mention of it being a joke. Think about that for a minute... why would it? 2 Calls days apart and it's all a big joke? Yeah right...
• Yes I'm invested in my team/coach. You got me there, well done!
• The Dogs have not come out of this looking silly - in an elimination final that was decided by a kick there was a reported traitor in the ranks. They referred it to the AFL to investigate. Tell me what you would have done Einstein? You don't think there's massive issues here for the game in general.

• The Dogs have not come out of this looking silly - in an elimination final that was decided by a kick there was a reported traitor in the ranks. They referred it to the AFL to investigate. Tell me what you would have done Einstein? You don't think there's massive issues here for the game in general.

A 'traitor' who didnt even play?

A game that we didnt win, the dogs lost. There were at least half a dozen kicks on goal that in any other game would have been slotted with ease that the dogs missed. The better team lost on the day. If we had ANY inside info why were we beaten so badly around the ground?

A 'traitor' who didnt even play?

A game that we didnt win, the dogs lost. There were at least half a dozen kicks on goal that in any other game would have been slotted with ease that the dogs missed. The better team lost on the day. If we had ANY inside info why were we beaten so badly around the ground?

Poor kicking for goal is poor footy - no issue there.
You're right, he didn't play in the game and was possibly pissed off that he was dropped - does that that give him motivation to do what he did? who knows
The word 'integrity' is such a wank in my opinion but I tell you what - game plans being discussed with the opposition, then evidence being deleted and lost, a game being decided by a kick... gee wiz - if you don't smell a rat there then you have a really bad cold. It's not a good look and that is why it was referred to the AFL. Why would anyone have an issue with that?

I don't agree that it had an impact on the game, we had no answers to the dogs and if not for some very uncharacteristic good kicking from us saw us scrape through.

I place more blame on the AFL for dragging out the investigation more than anything. There aren't many pale involved really, and it probably could have been sorted in a week, instead of having it drag out.

And while the loss of Michael's phone in Bali is annoying, having been there its perfectly reasonable.
And if that meant that he needed a new aim card with a new number, I can see why Daniel deleted the old conversation. I've done the same with some of my own friends. It's something that could also have been sorted had the AFL acted sooner.

Ahhh no...
• One of Beveridge's personality traits is that he is calm and measured under pressure. That's one of the reasons why he got the job. You've now added in 'emotional/fuming/in a rage' as if it is based on some sort of delusional fact to help your argument. you should get a job working with Caro. You've got her style down pat.
• Cheney called Beveridge not the other way around. He called him twice and there was no mention of it being a joke. Think about that for a minute... why would it? 2 Calls days apart and it's all a big joke? Yeah right...
• Yes I'm invested in my team/coach. You got me there, well done!
Ahhh... I think you missed the part that I have no argument, as a neutral observer.

If you're interested in facts:

Every single article that I have read says Beveridge called Cheney. Every single one. Do you have inside information that proves all the articles from every source wrong?
Secondly, even calm and measured people aren't always calm and measured. If a calm and measured person saw a guy bashing up his partner would he not be angry and react? The fact that Beveridge hasn't spoken to Talia appears childish, but either way refusing to speak to Talia is not a 'calm and measured' response. Calm and measured would be to meet him as planned, have a discussion, ask Talia's side of the story. Again, from all reports this didn't happen.
You say the dogs haven't come out looking silly. You are a bulldogs supporter so obviously you would say that. But as a neutral, uninvested party I think they look silly. so do other people. So obviously people do think that the Dogs look silly.

I can't believe how pathetic the Bulldogs management has been over this.

They've almost crippled Michael's career - he surely has grounds for legal action.

And for what ends? Chaney puts some mayo on a story about brothers chatting before a game - what impact did the Bulldogs really think a conversation could have had?

Chaney was embarrassed by his exaggerations and gets caught out. Clearly an idiot, and frankly may have damaged his own AFL career with his actions.

And the Bulldogs are still clinging onto the fact that Daniel Talia deletes messages from his brother like its a smoking gun?
Legal action on what grounds? LOL you're dreaming, mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's my verdict.

Stratton.......prick

If only people could decide not to cooperate with police investigations, im sure more murderers and rapists would be walking the streets than they already are.. Not their place to decide on whether to cooperate or not, if there is an investigation, no matter how petty it may seem, it's still their responsibility to partake, and in MT and DT's place to try and clear their name.

Quite funny that it was reported numerous times in the media that MT was waiting to hear from Luke Beveridge and there was silence. How the f*** can MT expect a call when he lost his phone? these are the sorts of little things that if true, add up to a bigger thing which seems to not justify further questioning.

Quite funny that it was reported numerous times in the media that MT was waiting to hear from Luke Beveridge and there was silence. How the f*** can MT expect a call when he lost his phone? these are the sorts of little things that if true, add up to a bigger thing which seems to not justify further questioning.

o_O

He got a new phone? Or had a home line? There's plenty of ways to get a call that don't require him to have a specific mobile.

o_O

He got a new phone? Or had a home line? There's plenty of ways to get a call that don't require him to have a specific mobile.

True, the contact issue could have easily been resolved through his manager if it was desired.

But it also very convenient that both Talias decided that the messages that were under investigation by the AFL could be very easily lost and discarded at the same time.... While at the same time Cheney decided that his recollection of events was different to the one that he'd previously discussed with Beveridge and Stratton on a number of occasions. An extraordinary coincidence.....

If only people could decide not to cooperate with police investigations, im sure more murderers and rapists would be walking the streets than they already are.. Not their place to decide on whether to cooperate or not, if there is an investigation, no matter how petty it may seem, it's still their responsibility to partake, and in MT and DT's place to try and clear their name.

Pugz, you haven't studied law, have you? Some of the basic concepts are presumption of innocence, burden of proof, right to remain silent.

Putting aside the obvious words that come to mind (mountain, molehill, storm, teacup), can anyone quote exactly what AFL rule M Talia is alleged to have broken?

Beveridge wouldn't even talk to Talia. The exit meeting Beveridge was suppose to attend with Talia, he wasn't there. Talia was thrown I to a room, getting questioned when he expected a meeting with the coach.

There seems to have been a massive falling out between Talia and Beveridge that happened prior to this, that potentially made a bigger issue then what was there.

I don't know who's fault that was, but something wasn't right especially since Talia refused a contract extension.

Exactly right, M. Talia walks into a room expecting to be doing his season exit interview with Beveridge, instead he finds his interview [cross examination] is with Club President Peter Gordon who in his other life is a Lawyer/legal eagle and principal at high fling Law Firm 'Gordon Legal' formerly of Slater and Gordon, talk about walking into minefield and then not being afforded any representation let alone legal representation.
Beveridge is that "calm and measured" he refused to even talk to M. Talia, hardly representative of someone purported to be so "calm and measured". Bulldog's supporters need to seriously get over themselves.

Exactly right, M. Talia walks into a room expecting to be doing his season exit interview with Beveridge, instead he finds his interview [cross examination] is with Club President Peter Gordon who in his other life is a Lawyer/legal eagle and principal at high fling Law Firm 'Gordon Legal' formerly of Slater and Gordon, talk about walking into minefield and then not being afforded any representation let alone legal representation.
Beveridge is that "calm and measured" he refused to even talk to M. Talia, hardly representative of someone purported to be so "calm and measured". Bulldog's supporters need to seriously get over themselves.

Man, I love Crowbots...especially when they're right.

...and isn't that always?

Adelaide missed out on their man when he was traded to Sydney.

I am happy with them being cleared. Justice was served anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back