O'KEEFE $500,000
LRT $250,000
SHAW $400,000
OTHERS $350,000 (Fringe players)

TOTAL $2,100,000

2015 (POTENTIAL) INS
DANGERFIELD $1,000,000
GIBBS $700,000
OTHERS $400,000 (players looking for a last chance at AFL)

TOTAL $2,100,000

I swear Goodes is on $700,000-750,000. I swear LRT and Shaw are on $300-$350,000 a year each. But yeah your around the mark. I doubt your team would want gibbs considering your team has better mids on half the cash he is on.

I swear Goodes is on $700,000-750,000. I swear LRT and Shaw are on $300-$350,000 a year each. But yeah your around the mark. I doubt your team would want gibbs considering your team has better mids on half the cash he is on.

WOuldn't there be only (slightly) less than that available as LRT, OKeefe and Goodes would be partially on veteran list (I think its 10%, correct if wrong). "Only" leaves a warchest of 1.97 million. We need to collude to not bid each other's targets up...

Why are they getting rent allowance? Are they going to be on the dole?

Well Me living in SA and being unemployed for the last few months. I do get around $500 a fortnight. Yet If I was living in NSW with the 10% COLA, I would be getting $550 a fortnight If I was on the dole right?:D

But yeah in all seriousness... I dont think the COLA would effect the main swans players like Goodes, Buddy and O keefe who are easily earning more than $500,000 a year. Its the new draftees and rookie listed players that are the ones on the small cash.

You get paid $150,000 a year on a 2 year contract when you get taken on the National draft. You get paid $60,000 a year. If I had it my way, guys picked up in the ND should be on $200,000 a year at a minimum and $100-150,000 a year for rookies. I am not just endorsing that to just to the swans and GWS but to all AFL clubs.

As did Collingwood. WTF is your point?

Edit:is it that you see it as AFL bieng too greedy to let you play finals at SCG? I think that is s**t also. Especially as 50k ould be a realistic finals crowd. SHould be at SCG IMO.

The contract with the Swans, the Afl ANZ and the SCG is quite clear.

The year escapes me right now but the AFL's reasoning for moving the game was capacity. The Afl used its control over finals to shift our finals to ANZ.

As ANZ takes less percentage of $$$ then the SCG (at the time Alan Jones influence over the trust was disgusting) and higher capacity so they used it as an excuse to shift our finals to ANZ.

But because the NRL teams are considered tenants (where as the swans are actually considered as special events) the tenants have the right to hold events there on *insert whichever dates NRL finals are played*

This meant the AFL risked us getting all gate sales as under the rules on finals if the AFL does not have a ground booked the game reverts to the home team to host. (this is why your membership doesn't include finals) all finals are actually "AFL" events just like the grand final. (this is also why the MCG hosted Brisbane's prelim in the early 0's they had had an agreement with the MCG back then)

So the AFL made an agreement with the SCG that should ANZ be unable available in the preferred timeslot the SCG shall be made available to host a final (thus ensuring the AFL get their big cut of ticket sales) in the event the Sydney Swans are the 'home' team.

Next because of their agreement with the tv networks preliminary finals can only be held in certain timeslots either Friday or Saturday.

Despite common belief there's nothing to say which prelim has to be held when, just 'tradition'.

So they had a choice formal ask ANZ to host the game in it's correct time slot and get rejected (thus going to the SCG) or move the game forward to Friday.

They couldn't play the game outside of Friday or Saturday without breaking Tv network agreements. The only reason not to play the final at the SCG is because during the rebuild there was only 28,000 seats available to the AFL (the rest are reserved for the SCG members) and they couldn't play the game anywhere but the SCG if ANZ told them the ground was unavailable.

Now what's more likely, the AFL wanting to line it's pockets or screw the hawks?

The contract with the Swans, the Afl ANZ and the SCG is quite clear.

The year escapes me right now but the AFL's reasoning for moving the game was capacity. The Afl used its control over finals to shift our finals to ANZ.

As ANZ takes less percentage of $$$ then the SCG (at the time Alan Jones influence over the trust was disgusting) and higher capacity so they used it as an excuse to shift our finals to ANZ.

But because the NRL teams are considered tenants (where as the swans are actually considered as special events) the tenants have the right to hold events there on *insert whichever dates NRL finals are played*

This meant the AFL risked us getting all gate sales as under the rules on finals if the AFL does not have a ground booked the game reverts to the home team to host. (this is why your membership doesn't include finals) all finals are actually "AFL" events just like the grand final. (this is also why the MCG hosted Brisbane's prelim in the early 0's they had had an agreement with the MCG back then)

So the AFL made an agreement with the SCG that should ANZ be unable available in the preferred timeslot the SCG shall be made available to host a final (thus ensuring the AFL get their big cut of ticket sales) in the event the Sydney Swans are the 'home' team.

Next because of their agreement with the tv networks preliminary finals can only be held in certain timeslots either Friday or Saturday.

Despite common belief there's nothing to say which prelim has to be held when, just 'tradition'.

So they had a choice formal ask ANZ to host the game in it's correct time slot and get rejected (thus going to the SCG) or move the game forward to Friday.

They couldn't play the game outside of Friday or Saturday without breaking Tv network agreements. The only reason not to play the final at the SCG is because during the rebuild there was only 28,000 seats available to the AFL (the rest are reserved for the SCG members) and they couldn't play the game anywhere but the SCG if ANZ told them the ground was unavailable.

Now what's more likely, the AFL wanting to line it's pockets or screw the hawks?

Good post. And to your last question I would insert the Mexican girl gif "why not have both"
I think 28k stadium would have been acceptable given its all about the tv viewer.

Played it at Blacktown. More seriously would have had SCG reconstruction deferred or done in such a way that a reduced crowd capacity could go. After all the AFL is all about the TV audiences and less about the fans.
The AFL would have had 0 say in the SCG reconstruction on any matter in any way. You think that when the SCG were racing to get stands finished for the ashes they'd essentially halt or reconfigure the ground for two weeks in order to appease the AFL? Seriously?

The AFL would have had 0 say in the SCG reconstruction on any matter in any way. You think that when the SCG were racing to get stands finished for the ashes they'd essentially halt or reconfigure the ground for two weeks in order to appease the AFL? Seriously?

Then play in front of 28k. Not much different to playing at Geelong.

Then play in front of 28k. Not much different to playing at Geelong.
The SCG wasn't available because of the SCG. There was nothing the AFL could do. You think the SCG trust gives enough of a s**t about the Hawks having to play 18 hours later to put construction on hold?

The SCG wasn't available because of the SCG. There was nothing the AFL could do. You think the SCG trust gives enough of a s**t about the Hawks having to play 18 hours later to put construction on hold?

Bit confused, sydney bloods said it was available for a 28k capacity but you are saying not available at all.

Sydney discussion almost as tedious as Essendon

Yes indeed....Though I'm sure if it was your team who were robbed of a premiership due to AFL Admin Agendas it'd be a different story!

The display of parochial footballing naiveté & ignorance in this thread is as enlightening as it is sad!

When will Sydney be afforded a fixture commensurate with all the other Top 4 teams & it's finishing position on the Ladder????....Probably no time soon!

Ultimately this thread is about justice & the desire for a REAL level playing field & not just spin-doctored, lip-serviced window-dressing, in the guise of 'Equalisation,' when 'rigging' of the scale such as the Swans 2014 FIX-ture continues unabated!

Does the AFL truly think that true traditional football followers are going to swallow this guff without a word of protest????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be interesting to see free kick count v Pies tomorrow

Predict with confidence Hawks will salute

But of course all those free kicks to Hawks will be fair and justified.. Just the ones paid against them and to their rivals are clearly incorrect

Similarly be interesting to see how the Cats go up on the Gold Coast.....Fairly well I'd hazard a guess.....and no doubt with the usual Stevie J gesticulations, Joel Selwood whingeing & whining for every free kick, constant holding of their opposition forwards & illegal shepherding going unnoticed.

Spare us your dribble....Syds & Cats easily get the best of the umpires & everyone barr you & the Syds know it!.....Take a look at who leads the free kick count....One Joel 'Duckwood' Selwood esquire.....For the 5th year running!

P.S this thread is about ending the AFL assistance to the Swans.....Not an excuse for Cats posters to turn it into another Cats/Hawks Peel-Off!

Similarly be interesting to see how the Cats go up on the Gold Coast.....Fairly well I'd hazard a guess.....and no doubt with the usual Stevie J gesticulations, Joel Selwood whingeing & whining for every free kick, constant holding of their opposition forwards & illegal shepherding going unnoticed.

Spare us your dribble....Syds & Cats easily get the best of the umpires & everyone barr you & the Syds know it!.....Take a look at who leads the free kick count....One Joel 'Duckwood' Selwood esquire.....For the 5th year running!

P.S this thread is about ending the AFL assistance to the Swans.....Not an excuse for Cats posters to turn it into another Cats/Hawks Peel-Off!

The default position of Hawks fans is every free kick to Geelong and Sydney is wrong.

Surely you realise how pathetic this argument looks

The default position of Hawks fans is every free kick to Geelong and Sydney is wrong.

Surely you realise how pathetic this argument looks

Hardly....My main premise here has been arguing against the Swans AFL assistance, with the latest instalment being their absurdly biased 2014 fixture....Argue about the thread premise either for or against & stop trying to derail & deflect from the issues!

The only defaulting going on here is your attempt to derail the thread premise....Words like pathetic describe these attempts on your behalf perfectly & are clearly self-reflexive!

P.S Hawthorn 2013 Reigning Premiers.:thumbsu:....Enjoy sweetheart!

Hardly....My main premise here has been arguing against the Swans AFL assistance, with the latest instalment being their absurdly biased 2014 fixture....Argue about the thread premise either for or against & stop trying to derail & deflect from the issues!

The only defaulting going on here is your attempt to derail the thread premise....Words like pathetic describe these attempts on your behalf perfectly & are clearly self-reflexive!

P.S Hawthorn 2013 Reigning Premiers.:thumbsu:....Enjoy sweetheart!

You made a direct comment insinuating Swans won tonight due to umpiring . Your words are below

"Wow....Quite an impressive display from the umpires tonite....Seems the Swans are receiving help from almost every corner of the AFL nowadays! "

Well Mick doesnt look like the AFL have listened to your comments in the media.

Tonight the Swans were given an armchair ride by the umpires that got them over the line in a close game against Richmond. Funny how the holding the ball rule is given two completely different interpretations in the same game. Just convenient that Sydney were the beneficiaries of the interpretations all night.

Reid HTB in the Richmond goal square was a little too convenient. Nice win to the AFL tonight.

Yes indeed....Though I'm sure if it was your team who were robbed of a premiership due to AFL Admin Agendas it'd be a different story!

The display of parochial footballing naiveté & ignorance in this thread is as enlightening as it is sad!

When will Sydney be afforded a fixture commensurate with all the other Top 4 teams & it's finishing position on the Ladder????....Probably no time soon!

Ultimately this thread is about justice & the desire for a REAL level playing field & not just spin-doctored, lip-serviced window-dressing, in the guise of 'Equalisation,' when 'rigging' of the scale such as the Swans 2014 FIX-ture continues unabated!

Does the AFL truly think that true traditional football followers are going to swallow this guff without a word of protest????
You still here?

Tonight the Swans were given an armchair ride by the umpires that got them over the line in a close game against Richmond. Funny how the holding the ball rule is given two completely different interpretations in the same game. Just convenient that Sydney were the beneficiaries of the interpretations all night.

Reid HTB in the Richmond goal square was a little too convenient. Nice win to the AFL tonight.
Your argument is more than a little inconvenienced by the two tripping frees not paid to Buddy.

(But I promised myself never to get into umpiring "did so"/"did not" pissing contests on BF so by all means beg to differ and I promise not to respond. Life's too short to argue about umpiring.

and whats your decision on buddy being pushed to ground getting a free against, a richmond player being BEHIND A SWANS PLAYER and getting a free for a push, as well as tripping and holding call's all night?

Would you be happy if your team got the COLA as well? I mean have the same cap just like the swans, giants, Lions and Suns?

Im happy to see the Kangaroos need the wins to Promote the game in North Melbourne.
And cop all of the "COLA cheating" trolls? No thank you. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back