Mick Malthouse demands Sydney help end now

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm. Not so much. Our fixture is just coming off a cycle where in recent years we finished with hard games.

Last year we played Pies, Cats and Hawks in the last 4 rounds for example. We were due a reprieve.

Next Tin foil hat theory?

Serious question here...

Has the swans had a fixture where they face all the top 4-6 teams in the 1st half of the season then the bottom 4-6 teams in the 2nd half of the season? Not trying to take pot shots here.

The reason I say that is that Freo under the Ross Lyon years have always had the top 4-6 sides in the 1st 10 rounds then the struggling clubs at the end of the season. We have always had the swans in the SCG with in the 1st 10 rounds. The only difference this season is that the Dockers have Geelong, Hawks and Port twice, who finished in the top 6 last year and are more likely to do it this season.

Screw the Hawks! The smirk on Vlad's face said it all.
Look at this year's FIXture. Sydney played a Hawthorn side coming off 3 six day breaks and Geelong with 2 six day breaks one of which was a trip to Fremantle. Hawthorn now plays 7 of the top 8 and Sydney just two.
Sydney reminds me of the curling stone with AFL madly smoothing its way to another premiership

Just out of curiosity, how tough are your teams road trips? If your a Non Victorian side, you have to travel out side your home state 10 out of your 22 games. Yeah your mob has a few "home" games at Tassie but thats beside the point.

Still surprised by the amount of complaints by hawks fans even though they have played in the last 2 grand finals and won last years one as well. My team is yet to win the bloody thing.

Still surprised by the amount of complaints by hawks fans even though they have played in the last 2 grand finals and won last years one as well. My team is yet to win the bloody thing.
We just want a fair go with the fixture, but we're not getting that from the current AFL administration. We've been stitched up ever since Kennett blind-sided Demetriou and Gill Mclachlan by getting our deal with the Tassie government renewed and foiling their grand plans for the Tassie Kangaroos.

Nobody else cares… Everyone just cares about their own club and f**k the rest. (Until it affects them directly )
This is what enables the AFL to get away with all of their bullshit.

Serious question here...

Has the swans had a fixture where they face all the top 4-6 teams in the 1st half of the season then the bottom 4-6 teams in the 2nd half of the season? Not trying to take pot shots here.

The reason I say that is that Freo under the Ross Lyon years have always had the top 4-6 sides in the 1st 10 rounds then the struggling clubs at the end of the season. We have always had the swans in the SCG with in the 1st 10 rounds. The only difference this season is that the Dockers have Geelong, Hawks and Port twice, who finished in the top 6 last year and are more likely to do it this season.

Just out of curiosity, how tough are your teams road trips? If your a Non Victorian side, you have to travel out side your home state 10 out of your 22 games. Yeah your mob has a few "home" games at Tassie but thats beside the point.

I don't think your club is in danger of being merged with West Coast, like our club was with Melbourne. We also tried to stop Waverley Park from being sold so we have upset the AFL in many ways.

Serious question here...

The reason I say that is that Freo under the Ross Lyon years have always had the top 4-6 sides in the 1st 10 rounds then the struggling clubs at the end of the season. We have always had the swans in the SCG with in the 1st 10 rounds. The only difference this season is that the Dockers have Geelong, Hawks and Port twice, who finished in the top 6 last year and are more likely to do it this

Not sure. Things definitely changed a bit with the extra teams and the addition of the floating final rd etc.

But in 2013 we played 6 top 8 sides in the first 11 games including all other top 4 sides. And in the second half I believe we played 4. All of whom were top 5 sides.

Screw the Hawks! The smirk on Vlad's face said it all.
Look at this year's FIXture. Sydney played a Hawthorn side coming off 3 six day breaks and Geelong with 2 six day breaks one of which was a trip to Fremantle. Hawthorn now plays 7 of the top 8 and Sydney just two.
Sydney reminds me of the curling stone with AFL madly smoothing its way to another premiership
So now we're accused of being on 'ice'.............what next?

I thin we can all agree the fixture should be an even playing field, but there are some problems. To many teams for a clear two rounds each year which I think would be ideal. Plus get rid of the 'star games' for so called big clubs. On current form why would 2015 open with Tigers-Blues for example it is just cash married to a bygone ere of the VFL..

Hmm. Not so much. Our fixture is just coming off a cycle where in recent years we finished with hard games.

Last year we played Pies, Cats and Hawks in the last 4 rounds for example. We were due a reprieve.

Next Tin foil hat theory?

Swans playing easy teams at the start and tougher teams at the end = AFL conspiracy to help us ease into the season
Swans playing tougher teams at the start and easy teams at the end = AFL conspiracy to give us a break before finals

Swans playing easy teams at the start and tougher teams at the end = AFL conspiracy to help us ease into the season
Swans playing tougher teams at the start and easy teams at the end = AFL conspiracy to give us a break before finals

Imagine how angry they will all be if K.Jack lifts the cup at the end of the year.
Imagine how angry they will be when we get pick 2 (Heeney) for pick 18.
Imagine how angry they will be when we get Davis for pick 67.
Imagine how angry they will be when it all starts again next season when they learn about Dunkley and Mills.

Karma for the events which happened leading up to, and after, 1982.

Extra point to you for getting an identical character count for both typed scenarios.:p

Hawthorn play Sydney Freo Geelong Collingwood GC twice.
Sydney play Hawthorn Port Richmond Essendon GWS twice.

No one knows Richmond is going to drop like a rock this year, so at the time of fixture Geelong = Port, Collingwood = Richmond, Essendon = GC. Sydney has about one extra 'easy' game over 22 rounds, which they lost to GWS anyway. So the fixture really has minimal effect.

No one knows Richmond is going to drop like a rock this year, so at the time of fixture Sydney has about one extra 'easy' game over 22 rounds, which they lost to GWS anyway. So the fixture really has minimal effect.

The other thing to remember is the Hawks were premiers. Premiers always have a hard follow up fixture as they are a showcase team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just want a fair go with the fixture, but we're not getting that from the current AFL administration. We've been stitched up ever since Kennett blind-sided Demetriou and Gill Mclachlan by getting our deal with the Tassie government renewed and foiling their grand plans for the Tassie Kangaroos.

Nobody else cares… Everyone just cares about their own club and f**k the rest. (Until it affects them directly )
This is what enables the AFL to get away with all of their bullshit.

This weeping on here from Hawk supporters over the last year or so is rivaling the North Melbourne supporters of years gone by in that they have this victim mentality.
Give it a rest will you. You won last years flag & are in a great position to strike again this year.
I don't think Hodge or Mitchell concern themselves with a hindsight view at how a draw has panned out.

No one knows Richmond is going to drop like a rock this year, so at the time of fixture Geelong = Port, Collingwood = Richmond, Essendon = GC. Sydney has about one extra 'easy' game over 22 rounds, which they lost to GWS anyway. So the fixture really has minimal effect.

How can we be so sure that the AFL didn't intentionally make Richmond s**t?

You're on the wrong forum PattoMan99. You're not supposed to make a post that states the facts.

Now Mick is in the media complaining about the game.

It's too congested he says...where's your solution Mick? As usual , nothing to say, he's not in the business of solutions.

For mine, the game needs to go to 16 a side.

Last edited:

It's too congested he says...where's your solution Mick? As usual , nothing to say, he's not in the business of solutions.

Nah not as congested as Mick thinks. He just gets confused by blurry vision when he puts on the wrong set of nanna glasses.

I thin we can all agree the fixture should be an even playing field, but there are some problems. To many teams for a clear two rounds each year which I think would be ideal. Plus get rid of the 'star games' for so called big clubs. On current form why would 2015 open with Tigers-Blues for example it is just cash married to a bygone ere of the VFL..
Tigers and Carlton both have healthy supporter bases considering how poorly they have performed over the last 15 years and every year begins with new hope. Let us have our blockbuster before all hope dissipates;)

Carlton must have lost again.

while it probably does cost more to live in Sydney how many high profile players have loved the anonymity that living in an aussie rules ignorant city provides. Perhaps clubs in the southern states should get a public scrutiny allowance. And provided you live east of the harbour bridge or northern beaches, SOOOOO much nicer than anywhere in Melbourne!!:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back