News Mick Malthouse on Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree with that.
Lyon did not have to beat the softness out of Freo . We were not soft.

We were pretty soft. We'd match it with teams like Geelong in front of our home crowd one week, then roll over to the likes of Melbourne the minute we had to get on a plane.

Last edited:
Michael needs to go away and have a really good think about his career as a coach. He is reaching the crossroads. He needs to look for cause in the leadership of Carlton. He was once a brilliant coach who is
sadly getting too old for the game and it is passing him by. He has a brilliant list at his disposal with half the team all 1st round top ten draft picks. My advice to Michael would be to adjust his game plan as it is just not working for this famous team at present. It's sad. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The whole club seems stuck in the 80s, it's as if Jack Elliot is still pulling the strings (come to think of it, Mathieson's like a poor man's Elliot).

Malthouse said the top 4 this year are clearly above the rest of the competition.
He named Hawthorn - Geelong - Port Adelaide - fremantle

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so hoping that Malthouse fails at Carlton.

Seems like you got your wish....

Oh and I got one thing to say... To show you my dislike of Malthouse. Start this youtube clip at the 7 minute and 24 second mark...

WARNING: I have seen nasty groin shots in my time. But this tops it. Again Kram, start it at the 7 minute and 24 second mark. ;)

I really wanted to play Carlton this year under Mick and thrash them by 100+ points :( I hope they're still god awful by the time we play them.

I really wanted to play Carlton this year under Mick and thrash them by 100+ points :( I hope they're still god awful by the time we play them.
Nope Carlton will be top 8 when we play them. They'll just open that cheque book and go and buy some players. Oh wait they can't do that anymore........

Yep they'll be rubbish.

I know that feeling, they were actually very competitive against us under Mick but we should absolutely hammer them this year. I wanted to see Mick in all of his sulking, petulant, whingeface glory so badly.

I disagree with that.
Lyon did not have to beat the softness out of Freo . We were not soft.
We had an incompetent coach with a flawed game plan. Fremantle had the talent all along and it needed harnessing and direction.
Ross provided that.
Malthouse is a dinosaur who cannot react to the changing landscape of football .
Michael's solution to poor performances ? scream and yell abuse at the players and if that fails....do it louder.

I thought we were very soft, whether Harvs was the issue or not. Softness can take on lots of meanings - mentally soft was often associated with Freo in years gone by which looking back was perhaps a fair call, taking an unbiased view of it all (well as much as possible anyway).

Last edited:
Bump

So with Malthouse's probable foray into the media, will we see his hatred for us manifest again?

To be fair, i didn't see a lot wrong with that article he wrote which prompted this thread; at the time that is.
Although putting that aside, he really does hate us for some reason, i assume it had something to do with us ruining his 1 team town paradise back in the mid 90s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back