Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flying Doormat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2008
Carrickalinga
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tranmere Rovers
I am over MM, we have been sabotaged from the inside and he is the biggest culprit, need to get rid of him and his shitty game plan, need to take a chance on a young coach and a new game plan.

cwrl_01_img0096.jpg

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
You mean the year we had the worst injury list since 2002?

We lost to the GC who were a bottom team and were outraged and expected more.

Under Mick we lose to bottom sides and it's forgiven?
You forgot to acknowledge the part why we have a soft reputation. Therefore rendering the intended point of your post pointless.

andrew_

All Australian
Suspended
Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Well then it belongs in the rumour thread.
Sounds like BS to me though - I've never heard that one before.
Yeh I just make s**t up for nothing, take everything I say with a grain of salt, I'm a compulsive liar.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Because we didn't offer him a fair amount, instead we paid 600k plus for an injured pet of MM. Also I've mentioned it before but rumor has it Betts wanted to stay and MM didn't want him at the club.

Where did this little gem come from ??

I doubt that anyone has ever heard that snippet before and it seems right out there on the "preposterous pier".

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeh I just make s**t up for nothing, take everything I say with a grain of salt, I'm a compulsive liar.

Not necessarily. It depends on your source. If you're the source of the "rumour", then perhaps yes.
If you heard it from someone else, then you can blame them if you wish.

Nov 9, 2010
de_dust2
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ffs. Did anyone listen to mm on sen Friday night?

He said that throughout the year ur e was his expectation that betts would leave given the rumblings he was hearing from his teammates and while nothing was said explicitly they had the inkling of his desire to raise a family in Adelaide and be closer to his father.

Sep 28, 2013
Macedon Ranges
AFL Club
Carlton
Ffs. Did anyone listen to mm on sen Friday night?

He said that throughout the year ur e was his expectation that betts would leave given the rumblings he was hearing from his teammates and while nothing was said explicitly they had the inkling of his desire to raise a family in Adelaide and be closer to his father.

I dont think the players listen to MM,
SO Whats good for GOOSE!!!!

I AM CARLTON

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Mick talks about not gifting games to young players just because they are young, ok I understand that.
But what is also damaging to a footy club's culture is continually losing then selecting the same players week after week.
Quite a few of the lads got a fair bit of the footy in the ressies, our seniors are zip 3 surely changes need to be made.

Curnow seems to be struggling, he's not finding the footy much and his tags don't appear to have any impact on the game. Whiley Perhaps

Yarran will get a holiday - might be a good time to introduce Boekhorst.

Rowe and Jones also look like they could use a spell in the 2's - Jaksch anyone?

Ellard has never convinced me of much and would prefer Buckley to be given a crack.

Blueboy75

All Australian
Oct 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I always thought Eddie was going to leave,whether or not he was offered the same money to stay would've been another topic for sort of discussion.Regarding Eddie wanting to stay is a rumour just like many others that float around in footy:).It was great to see Cripps play, I hope Boekhorst can make his debut soon, I think many players have question marks over theiir heads Armfield,Warnock,Ellard,Watson to name some you can go through our list still& question whether many are actually those to take us forward as well?:).

I AM CARLTON

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
You didn't see Jones attack the ball on the rare occasion when it was delivered properly inside 50 or see him chase and give second efforts?

Yeah saw his tackle on Watson. Just making suggestions really as we still haven't won a game and surely we can't just pick the same team. Lost by 11 goals to West Coast only made 2 changes, lost again this week.

BluesRule

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
You didn't see Jones attack the ball on the rare occasion when it was delivered properly inside 50 or see him chase and give second efforts?
If that is true then that is great to hear. We gave up a good draft pick for him and I really hope he can bring something.

Averaging 6 disposals a week still scares me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back