Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also possible that most of our players stayed in the rooms at half time and we projected holographic images on to the ground in their place. Might explain why it was so easy for Sydney to run around us, or through us for that matter. Not likely, but it's a possibility.

Depends which way you look at it, can argue it either way really, strange third quarter Mick really should have made tougher matchups as too many of them ran loose and Buddy to dominant. Think Freo game will be interesting one as think Mick will fancy his chances and so he should but Freo is coming off a loss so 50/50, see what Micks tactics are going in

Mick's coaching flags: 1992 and 1994 (with a rather talented side) and 2010. He had a great record with the Pies thru the noughties with 5 GF appearances. However the Blues are a different proposition as several coaches have found in the noughties. I will quite happily eat a Pepperoni pizza and admit I was wrong if he wins a flag with the Blues (BTW...I absolutely hate Pepperoni)

Mick had a talented side to work with at Eagles & took time for Mick to build his premiership tael at Pies. Mick is a good coach took Pies and Eagles to many finals series plus also went deep in many finals series.

Blues need to build its depth in offseason plus bite the bullet with many senior players. Mick being an experienced coach no doubt will make those calls but think will def take time to for Mick to get into premiership contention position my guess maybe 3 seasons of good recruiting

The hair is a good starting point but grow hair on the back and legs and the facial hairs.A bit of home made chicken manure on the face to get those pores opening.A dose of Tequila with a worm and hot chilli then you have him playing like a Mexican running across the border.

Can you guys give it a rest. Accept we have different opinions. Post them, but please, only once.
Amen to that. And don't even think about arguing with me because I am a factional power broker, a numbers cruncher, and I will set my clique on you armed with the baddest ass group think that ever hit you.

You are kidding yourself. Absolutely kidding yourself.

I get the feeling BF is not for you. Perhaps you would be better suited to Talking Carlton.

Yeah well good luck getting rid of me. Bag me, delete me, try to discredit me, I'll keep coming back for more and I'll keep putting my opinion out there. At least I'll give etsal plenty of opportunity to build up her post count. Us Greeks are a stubborn resilient lot. FWIW the mod who deleted it agreed it was 'protective moderating' so I don't know who I'm kidding here?

Nice try. Next time try not play the poor victim card - it doesn't suit you.

Upon quick inspection I found a post of yours which was deleted a few days ago.

Generally we make a rule not to discuss our actions in the open but I'll make an exception this time.

Your post was deleted because you attacked another poster. I think you'll find that we'd have deleted a post of that nature regardless of who posted it, what their opinions were, or how many posts they've made.

So yes, you're right. It was a case of protective moderating. We protect the right of each Carlton supporter to come onto this board and post their opinions, and take the appropriate actions if someone posts a personal attack in response.

If you have an issue with the way this board - or any other, for that matter - is moderated, you are encouraged to take it up with the appropriate moderators via the appropriate channels. Airing your frustrations with regard to moderation out in the open is frowned upon and strongly discouraged, but we're always prepared to have a chat in private. If you'd prefer to break the rules, however, you open yourself up to the consequences which may follow.

Up to you.

Yeah well good luck getting rid of me. Bag me, delete me, try to discredit me, I'll keep coming back for more and I'll keep putting my opinion out there. At least I'll give etsal plenty of opportunity to build up her post count. Us Greeks are a stubborn resilient lot. FWIW the mod who deleted it agreed it was 'protective moderating' so I don't know who I'm kidding here?

Which part of Jeremias post above did you not understand:-

'We protect the right of each Carlton supporter to come onto this board and post their opinions, and take the appropriate actions if someone posts a personal attack in response.'

Once again you are playing the victim card.

It's becoming boring.

Keep it up and actions will be taken as you have not abided by the rules regarding Moderation on several occasions.

Play nice or don't play at all!

So you have been here before.

Well well well why am I not surprised!

But do I not have a right of response? It was all done and dusted but if someone quotes me and criticises do I not have a right of response? Just so I know.

And no I have never been here before. I just get the feeling that if I keep expressing my opinion I will be silenced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But do I not have a right of response? It was all done and dusted but if someone quotes me and criticises do I not have a right of response? Just so I know.

And no I have never been here before. I just get the feeling that if I keep expressing my opinion I will be silenced.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

A lot of us will have differing opinions from others, me included.

It's how we go about responding without getting personal and articulating posts in a manner that they don't offend others.

Pretty simple really!

He was coaching Collingwood. It took some sort of coaching effort to win a premiership with that mob. Remember only one other coach has achieved this in the last 50 years & he was a pretty handy coach himself.
He did pretty well with the Pies! 5 GF's is not to be sneezed at. Don't see the same with the Blues though.

Mick had a talented side to work with at Eagles & took time for Mick to build his premiership tael at Pies. Mick is a good coach took Pies and Eagles to many finals series plus also went deep in many finals series.

Blues need to build its depth in offseason plus bite the bullet with many senior players. Mick being an experienced coach no doubt will make those calls but think will def take time to for Mick to get into premiership contention position my guess maybe 3 seasons of good recruiting
I'll be surprised if he's around that long. Let's hope our recruiting is much better than it has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back