Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't give a flying **** about mark Stevens Caro or any other Journo.

I got the info i wanted as a member from that presser and thats all that matters.

This is half the reason i dont bother with football shows anymore. Treating these pricks like celebs makes me sick. Robbo, Caro, Barrett etc all having shows....piss off. Just another outlet they can vent and whinge about s**t that just isn't important.
Sticky please. Also:

Alf_Brown_1961.jpg

I couldn't give a flying **** about mark Stevens Caro or any other Journo.

I got the info i wanted as a member from that presser and thats all that matters.

This is half the reason i dont bother with football shows anymore. Treating these pricks like celebs makes me sick. Robbo, Caro, Barrett etc all having shows....piss off. Just another outlet they can vent and whinge about s**t that just isn't important.

POTY contention.

Couldn't give two shits about Malthouse's attitude to the media.

I have on this thread and on another thread explained why MM is a has been. If you do not understand the explanations, or think they are based on factual misconceptions the best thing to do is raise the issue you have. For obvious reasons I cannot guess what you do not understand or follow.

I disagree with you re his handling of the press. I enjoy his response to inane questions. Rowe did not play "on" Hawkins, he played in front of him. MM would give some hope for the future for this supporter if he resigned.

Let me get this right. We got 3 new players at the end of 2012. We got 11 new players at the end of 2013 and we need to get rid of say another 11 players at the end of this year. 25 new players and, in the passage of time, long after Judd, Walker, Simpson, Waite have gone we will be right up there. Let's hope Daisy and his dodgy ankle can hold out.

As I started taking "potshots" after round 2 this year and before we lost to Melb, Brisb and GWS it is a bit unfair to suggest I was shooting at an easy target - although obviously I agree that our results since round 2 do make him a sitting duck.

I agree with you on both counts, particularly since you post this . . .

. . . to which I have already responded.

He seemed to have a magic wand when I last saw Melbourne play live. After we got off to a good start they beat us all day and I sure didn't think it was because we lacked the cattle to beat them.

Do you drink your own bathwater too ?? :rolleyes:

I'm not going to respond to you ever again because quite clearly, you have no logical reasoning anywhere nor can grasp what it takes to be successful in a professional sports environment, especially when handed a basket-case like he was.

If & when Malthouse looks like he is dragging our club down the sh1tter, then you can be well assured that I'll be one of the first calling for him to be sacked, until that time arrives, he has my total support.

You on the other, need professional help.

Carlton should just come out and say - Robo and Stevens are barred from press conferences. Simple. No big deal - happens every day in business world.

The way Robinson handled himself at Ratten's last press conference was deplorable.

Even Ratten told him to piss off.

The media is simply a circus full of clowns.
I get sick of seeing the coach in the coaches box. When they could be showing a replay of the incident.
example Denis Commetti used to be a joke of a commentator now he is considered a doyen of the call.
Has he improved or has his competition simply dropped away? I think the later.

The media is simply a circus full of clowns.
I get sick of seeing the coach in the coaches box. When they could be showing a replay of the incident.
example Denis Commetti used to be a joke of a commentator now he is considered a doyen of the call.
Has he improved or has his competition simply dropped away? I think the later.
yeah seriously, how am i meant to get my foot in the door when cometti who is like 79 this year is still calling ridiculous stuff like a cork in the ocean, blah blah. its footy give me bam bam brayshaw stuff

The way Robinson handled himself at Ratten's last press conference was deplorable.

Even Ratten told him to piss off.

I stopped watching 360 last year because Robbo just makes me want to vomit - a deplorable low rent human being - just awful. This year 360 is an advertorial for EssenDONE and Paul Roos - vomit..just vomit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't stand the general cult of celebrity and particularly player (and former player) celebrity, but journo* celebrities take the cake. Rather than reporting the news and providing analysis, they become part of the news. Just rubbish.

However, as much as I personally don't care what the coach's demeanor is with the media, clubs are a business and every public interaction is an opportunity to advance the club. Every negative interaction potentially sets us back (sponsors, members etc) , while every positive interaction drives us forward. We are trying to sell a brand. Malthouse needs to consider this when fronting the media.

I'm not going to respond to you ever again because quite clearly, you have no logical reasoning anywhere nor can grasp what it takes to be successful in a professional sports environment, especially when handed a basket-case like he was.

That is a pity because, your gratuitous advice aside, I would be interested to know why you thought we were a basket-case at the end of 2012. The common idea in these parts was that Ratten could only take us into the finals but that MM would get us into the top 4 from which position we would be in a position to challenge for the flag. An idea MM obviously shared. Ah well.

That is a pity because, your gratuitous advice aside, I would be interested to know why you thought we were a basket-case at the end of 2012. The common idea in these parts was that Ratten could only take us into the finals but that MM would get us into the top 4 from which position we would be in a position to challenge for the flag. An idea MM obviously shared. Ah well.
Dont give up on the Sheik, you two are like good sparing partners. good against evil etc etc, you two seem to have massive arguments pulling out comments back from when moses was our CHF, i like it #keepthefaithguys:D

Your own suggestion that "some key recruiting" is required suggests that "list strength" might be another "real difference".

That sounds good. Is there any evidence to support your claim that the top sides are more self motivated than the bottom sides? Is there any evidence that we are "starting to head down" the self motivated path?

Because . . .?
I have it down to 10% talent 90% effort with the current game style. Its essentially flood back to prevent the opposition scoring and then using speed/endurance to get to the open 50 first.

Generally speaking the bottom side won't beat the top side if they both turn up to play but if the effort isn't there anything can happen look no further then St kilda embarrassing freo a few weeks ago.

They obviously drew motivation from Hayes retirement and the resting of players by freo, that's unsustainable week in week out.

The reason I have for thinking we are on the right path is the fact we are down a number of key personnel and our last month has been consistent without any external reasons to be motivated. By that I mean we have no retirements. No finals to play for yet we have knocked off two sides above us and pushed freo/Geelong.

Added to that malthouse has shown he wants work rate over talent by dropping Waite, garlett, Warnock and playing guys like wood,ellard.

As far as key personnel goes we do need a key forward post Waite that kicks straight to get us across the line and a leader across half back to steady things down when things don't go perfectly.

Do you drink your own bathwater too ?? :rolleyes:

If & when Malthouse looks like he is dragging our club down the sh1tter, then you can be well assured that I'll be one of the first calling for him to be sacked, until that time arrives, he has my total support.

You on the other, need professional help.

Effendi, the insolent one has poisoned your oasis. May the breath of a thousand camels turn this wind around.

Last edited:
I can't stand the general cult of celebrity and particularly player (and former player) celebrity, but journo* celebrities take the cake. Rather than reporting the news and providing analysis, they become part of the news. Just rubbish.

However, as much as I personally don't care what the coach's demeanor is with the media, clubs are a business and every public interaction is an opportunity to advance the club. Every negative interaction potentially sets us back (sponsors, members etc) , while every positive interaction drives us forward. We are trying to sell a brand. Malthouse needs to consider this when fronting the media.

Well said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back