Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick is trying to be open and fair

He's been in the caper longer than I've been alive I think and if you put yourself in his shoes it'd be tough having to put up with ill researched , stupid questions from so called football journalists week in week out

I'm sure other people equally experienced in their field don't like to put up with people who don't know what they're talking about

If I were Mick I would be just as frustrated

He's trying to be open and fair now saying some journos should do their homework before asking stupid questions

That is totally correct and good on him for saying it

He's trying to be nicer so credit to him, let's see now if footy journos take a leaf out of his book and do their bit to improve relations

Personally I think every single word Mick had said at pressers has been bang on correct

We lack depth, we lacked leadership, we have had bad injuries since last year, at the end of the day a kid like Watson has to develop his own confidence, it is a process etc etc etc

Seriously the state of football journalism in this country is terrible. It's about sensational headlines not detailed, informative articles

Pfft, those don't sell a dying medium 1981 we need conflict, we need headlines. We need shock and awe and a sense of importance by trying to create an enviroment where we dictate who has a coaching job.

We need to invent news, nobody cares about the real things - A majority of people in the media circa 2014.

Mick is trying to be open and fair

He's been in the caper longer than I've been alive I think and if you put yourself in his shoes it'd be tough having to put up with ill researched , stupid questions from so called football journalists week in week out

You serious? Pay me 1 mill per year you can ask me anything, you can even request whatever answers you want.

Let's not overstate the stupidity of the questions here, no other coach has issues.

Really?

Do you not remember last season when Alastair Clarkson called Matt Thompson a ******** during a media conference?

What about when earlier this year Damien Hardwick threatened to punch Roger Oldridge for suggesting his side is soft at the contest?

If you honestly believe no other coach has issues with the media you're either pushing an agenda or you've been living under a rock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you honestly believe any coach butts heads with the media as much as Mick does then it is you who has been living under a rock. I can understand isolated incidents but every week? This is not a problem for any other coach in the AFL. Not the same thing and you know it. Of course none of this is happening, it's all in my mind. I'm making all this up to push an agenda. You need to focus on the ball and not the player mate.

If you honestly believe any coach butts heads with the media as much as Mick does then it is you who has been living under a rock. I can understand isolated incidents but every week? This is not a problem for any other coach in the AFL. Not the same thing and you know it. Of course none of this is happening, it's all in my mind. I'm making all this up to push an agenda. You need to focus on the ball and not the player mate.
i thought he was hospitible last week. haha gotta love him....er sort of :D

I can't believe this debate is getting so much mileage!! :rolleyes:

Mick is a grumpy old man. He's always been prickly, and age has not mellowed him, not where the media are concerned at least.
It's part of who he is, take it or leave it.
He does not believe that PR is part of his job description on match day.

A lot of the journos are precious petals who don't like it when mean old Mick growls at them, so they sook it up and make it bigger than it really is.

Can we just accept those two facts - Mick is grumpy and the Journos are sooks - and in doing so accept that this is the way it is meant to be, and move on?

The issue has become more tired than a marathon runner who has finished his race then had to walk back to the start to collect his jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back