News Mick Picks the Pies for the Record Game

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ca...inst-collingwood/story-fndv8f7j-1227103972020

MICK Malthouse will break Jock McHale’s coaching record at a May 1 Friday night blockbuster, choosing Collingwood as his opponent to celebrate the Pies coaching legend.
The Round 5 Carlton home game caps an exciting first five weeks that sees them kick off the season at home on Thursday April 2 against Richmond.
In Round 4 on Anzac Day the Blues play in Wellington against New Zealand, and play both Collingwood and the Tigers twice, but Essendon only once this year.
Pies premiership coach Malthouse has enjoyed a frosty relationship with Collingwood since his dramatic departure, with Eddie McGuire famously saying he was friendless at the Pies after a 2012 stoush with Nathan Buckley.
But both the Pies and Blues will make breaking McHale’s record of 713 games a celebration rather than another grudge match.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ca...inst-collingwood/story-fndv8f7j-1227103972020

WTF do they mean against New Zealand - Did I miss the introduction of another expansion team.

I gotta stop drinking

I'm not convinced they could even beat a mythological team either - no guaranteed 4 points there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malthouse premiership = 3

Jock McHale premierships = 8

Who are we celebrating again?
Mick is celebrating his stupendous ego . . . again :rolleyes:

The fact that he's trying to flaunt it in front of the faithful - and his boys that he would NEVER coach against - just shows the world what a truly sad and embittered old fool he is.:)

Must say I would prefer Collingwood not to be involved in this game. We are losing the record that belongs to Collingwoods greatest ever. Not sure why we should then be subject to a Carlton celebration. Only thing we get is puncturing their joy on the day by smacking them.

how sweet would it be, if they have been flogged there past couple of games before they play us, then we give them a hiding, then mick gets the sack.
That would be poetic justice. He gets the record, the real reason for returning to coaching, and then get the humiliation of the sack.

The problem with this whole little "celebration" is that he actually doesn't break McHale's record against us!

Jock actually coached 713 games, not 714. Malthouse is on 710.

What the media and the AFL have overlooked is the fact that McHale actually didn't coach that famous 1930 premiership in the grand final (a record breaker in itself), because he was ill and had to stay home. Bob Rush was actually coaching that day, in the one game of his VFL coaching career, giving him a 100% win record! :D

The team Malthouse will actually break the record against is St Kilda, on ANZAC Day, in front of two men and a dog (or sheep?) in Wellington. Oh well, they had to give him a soft kill for his special day, I suppose...

Mick is celebrating his stupendous ego . . . again :rolleyes:

The fact that he's trying to flaunt it in front of the faithful - and his boys that he would NEVER coach against - just shows the world what a truly sad and embittered old fool he is.:)

Admittedly, very few of those boys are left.

Trying really hard to be mature and generous minded about this upcoming 'milestone'....but I've failed.

Guess I'll have to keep trying.
Nah VP let it hang out. Don't deny any rage you feel against Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back