MIDFIELD discussion 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, the concept of a fit Lance Whitnall is just asking way too much of my imagination.
How about a fit, articulate, classy, hair almost as good as prime Stephen Tingay version of Whitnall. Have you had a stroke yet?

The time he has around stoppages is probably where the Pendlebury comparison kicks in.

Yeh I do see the Pendlebury similarity as well.

His ability to stand up in a tackle and shoot out a clever handball as well as that flat left foot radar is where I see the Black comparison. Similar build as well I guess.

He'll be much better than those 2 of course.

Theres only one thing that i hope they have in common

962017-scott-pendlebury.jpg

271753-simon-black.jpg

Riley listed as 3 - 4 weeks is encouraging.

Obviously they won't pressure him too early and he'll get some Casey games into him first but it isn't out of the realms of possibility of him getting a senior game before the bye I would have thought.

EDIT: he trained today and is looking ok so perhaps will be in better knick in a month than thought. Sounds like he just has to see out the min 8 weeks LTI and hopefully hit he ground running.

Riley listed as 3 - 4 weeks is encouraging.

Obviously they won't pressure him too early and he'll get some Casey games into him first but it isn't out of the realms of possibility of him getting a senior game before the bye I would have thought.

EDIT: he trained today and is looking ok so perhaps will be in better knick in a month than thought. Sounds like he just has to see out the min 8 weeks LTI and hopefully hit he ground running.

Adelaide had originally forecast a good half-season for him I believe, so he seems to be coming along really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys any chance in Michie being the sub against Stkilda?
Extremely unlikely. He's not a sub-kind of player - tends to get better as a game goes on, and builds up from the start of the game into the play/big moments.

Matt Rosa (age 27) has put off contract talks with the Eagles until the end of the year. If he doesn't re-sign with them (which he probably will, unless he really wants to come home to Victoria) we should have a proper crack at him as a free agent. No doubt other clubs will have a good look too.

Matt Rosa (age 27) has put off contract talks with the Eagles until the end of the year. If he doesn't re-sign with them (which he probably will, unless he really wants to come home to Victoria) we should have a proper crack at him as a free agent. No doubt other clubs will have a good look too.
Ther will be people who see the age an say not part of our next premiership team , I say we can can worry about that when we can make a final
Get him and help get this team to a higher minimum standard so that there are no passengers at all in the side
Every sing kid Geelong plays seems to be the goods because they have to live up to the standards set by ablett, bartel, chapman , enright etc

Would love Rosa in our side, another mature aged footballer who is in my opinion underrated. He would be a great inclusion if we could pick him up as a Free Agent.

I was mates with Matt Rosa in high school at St Pats. Was a genuinely nice bloke and a class player. Would be strange to see him line up for the dees.

Heath Hocking is one for mine. FA at the end of the year and as hard as they come. Unlikely he'll leave Essendon for us, but $$$ talk. The ASADA situation might make him more willing to leave, too (on the flip side it could also make him want to stay).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back