Position 2015 SuperCoach midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No GAJ for me. No doubt he'll probably make my team at some stage but you just get the feeling that it's the beginning of the end.

Wrong side of 30. Coming back from a serious injury. Young team mates on the rise to take the load and points. Will be highest cost player again. All things point to an imminent dip in SC output.
same thoughts here, but hate the thought of battling with capt choice every week.
also may do a double & leave pendles out too

Any rookie midfielders you're looking at?

Alex Neal-Bullen (Melb) will be 2014's Luke Dunstan.

Pk #40 this year,

as an indication, 2013 pk #40 (Kennedy-Harris) started at $117k.

Alex Neal-Bullen (Melb) will be 2014's Luke Dunstan.

Pk #40 this year,

as an indication, 2013 pk #40 (Kennedy-Harris) started at $117k.
I've heard a few peeps mention him now. I'm not sure he gets a game early on however. They have a lot of names who will be looking for a midfield role at Melbourne. He would have to play extremely well to leapfrog the likes of Brayshaw, Petracca and their existing group. Not saying it can't happen, it is Melbourne we are talking about, not Sydney, but think he will more likely be a mid-year downgrade target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard a few peeps mention him now. I'm not sure he gets a game early on however. They have a lot of names who will be looking for a midfield role at Melbourne. He would have to play extremely well to leapfrog the likes of Brayshaw, Petracca and their existing group. Not saying it can't happen, it is Melbourne we are talking about, not Sydney, but think he will more likely be a mid-year downgrade target.
I think ANB is more ready to go than the other two.

Too early to tell, obviously, but I reckon he'll be ready to go rd 1.

NAB Challenge is where it's at for all rookies as usual.

Just another point on the Gablett conundrum, this is the Suns fixture up to their Rd 12 bye.

Melbourne, Saints, Geelong, Giants, Lions, Crows, Eagles, Pies, Hawks, Swans, Freo.

I think it's not too optimistic to say we'll be 5-2 after 7 rounds, I'm not too sure what that might mean for his output though.

Always been a midpricer guy that looks for value. Won't change this year, looking at Newnes, Waters etc in the backline, Tom Mitchell, Jack Steven, Dane Swan and Daniel Rich in the middle. Kreuzer, Leuenberger, Hickey etc in the ruck. Walters, Cameron etc up forward. Definitely some value picks around. Not sure on Ablett, will probably still pick him.

Adam Treloar and Devon Smith are locks.

#27 and below are $117k, rookies are $102k and I think cat b rookies are $96k

Rookie prices aren't always 102 k.

This was issue with Acres (#18 ND - $125k) & Templeton (#3 RD - $130k), this year.

But not too far off.

Yep. Pendles has done nothing to make him a lock for me in 2015. My guns will be rocky, Sloane, Fyfe, jelwood, Stevens/Boak/JPK/ward.
An average of 124 and only missing one game for the whole of 2014, what more did he have to do? Four seasons in a row of averaging no less than 124 ppg. Rockliff in comparison has only averaged 120+ for one season and with Redden/Rich etc. back and the addition of Beams, Christensen et al, is not going to be picking up 40+ possessions a game as often and will probably want to kick more goals so wont be loitering behind the play picking up cheapies all day.

An average of 124 and only missing one game for the whole of 2014, what more did he have to do? Four seasons in a row of averaging no less than 124 ppg. Rockliff in comparison has only averaged 120+ for one season and with Redden/Rich etc. back and the addition of Beams, Christensen et al, is not going to be picking up 40+ possessions a game as often and will probably want to kick more goals so wont be loitering behind the play picking up cheapies all day.

Everyone plz read this!
Spot on TheOz

Fair points. But you're forgetting that teams that win generally get the lions share of the 3300 points on offer. Now, are lions going to win a few more games in 2015 with their list changes and perhaps collingwood lose a few more?

Fair points. But you're forgetting that teams that win generally get the lions share of the 3300 points on offer. Now, are lions going to win a few more games in 2015 with their list changes and perhaps collingwood lose a few more?

More about can rocky increase his output or even maintain it?
If they win more games others will kick more goals and take any additional points.
rocky was s big fish in a little pond

The pond has got bigger

Last edited:
More about can rocky increase his output or even maintain it?
If they win more games others will kick more goals and take any additional points.
rocky was s big fish in a little pond

The pond has got bigger

There will be more points to be shared amongst lions players next year. They'll improve considerably on 2014.

There will be more points to be shared amongst lions players next year. They'll improve considerably on 2014.

I'm in agreeance on that, just think rocky has many more team mates that will be taking them b4 him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back