Position 2015 SuperCoach midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaz, Pendles, Ward, Fyfe my 4 guns at this stage. Might add a 5th or get a mid pricer like T Mitchell or and undervalued premo

There will be more points to be shared amongst lions players next year. They'll improve considerably on 2014.
Doesn't matter unless individual players benefit. Exhibit A: Hawthorn. More SC points as a team than any other, nine players averaging above 90, but only one above 96. Brisbane meanwhile had the lowest SC point share, yet five players above 99 monopolising possession, with no others above 85. As the rest of the team improves that exclusivity erodes.

Last edited:

Doesn't matter unless individual players benefit. Exhibit A: Hawthorn. More SC points as a team than any other, nine players averaging above 90, but only one above 96. Brisbane meanwhile had the lowest SC point share, yet five players above 99 monopolising possession, with no others above 85. As the rest of the team improves that exclusivity erodes.

You didn't just compare hawthorns list to the lions did you?

Anyone have a price check on Dion Prestia and Mitch Hallahan?

Price check Aisle 5 VAGISIL, that's VAGISIL Aisle 5.

hqdefault.jpg

Should I pick Ablett and Bontempelli or Sloane and JPK?

Thoughts on NVB?

Would need to average 80 to be worthwhile but is coming off a 67 average in 2013 (19 games) with top scores of 95, 93 and 88.
Is the same price as Petracca/Brayshaw. It's an interesting dilemma. Proven but boring and low ceiling vs unproven and probably inconsistent.

Should I pick Ablett and Bontempelli or Sloane and JPK?

Bont's gonna be a good SC pick in years to come, not as a premium now though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bont's gonna be a good SC pick in years to come, not as a premium now though.
I'm very bias, and love Bontempelli like he was my own blood, so this is probably a very clouded call...

But I can see Bont averaging 100+ this year. Griffen gone, Cooney gone, our midfield is incredibly young besides Matthew Boyd, there's gonna be some spots/points up for grabs.

The kid does it all. Gets clearances, kicks goals, takes marks, stands up in the big moments. And between Libba and Macrae I can't see Bont being tagged.

I'm 99% sure I'll be getting on him, killed me that I didn't have the balls to back Macrae last year.

As I said, I'm extremely bias, but given he's a forward, I think the risk is worth it. Ofcourse he could turn out to be a one hit wonder, but given I usually pick a crab in the forward line anyway (Pav last year :mad:) so I can't see the harm in picking someone with such a high potential, from my own team.

Did I mention how much I love him? :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

At $215,600, not sure how anyone can ignore Van Berlo.

its an interesting discussion, what role do you see him in and what scores do you expect?

Its a pretty gun midfield they have developing
Danger
Sloane
Brad Crouch
Brodie SMith will play mid minutes this year apparently
Scott Thompson altho possibly past it
Kerridge
Lyons
MCrouch
Rich Douglas

At $215,600, not sure how anyone can ignore Van Berlo.
Van Berlo peaked in late 2011, early 2012 when he averaged about 92 over a 20 game period. He dropped back a bit in the latter half of 2012 and dropped back even further to reach 90 only twice in 21 games in 2013. He then missed the whole 2014 season. If he returned to his absolute best he might average 90 again, but that seems unlikely as, while he's been gone, several younger players have moved past him. With less opportunities and a reduced role compared to his peak period an average in the 60s or at best 70s seems most likely which would make a cheaper rookie a much better option.

Heeney at $137,300 might well be worth a spot. Given he'd have been a Top 5 pick if it wasn't for the Academy selection, he's underpriced.

All fine & well, but will he have cemented a spot in the Swans starting 21 come Rd1?

All fine & well, but will he have cemented a spot in the Swans starting 21 come Rd1?

Can you tell me a rookie that will definitely cement a spot in the top 21 of any team come Round 1?

He's a guy I'm looking at as a possibility, depending on how the preseason goes. At that price he's worth keeping an eye on, given the way SC pricing works.

Can you tell me a rookie that will definitely cement a spot in the top 21 of any team come Round 1?

He's a guy I'm looking at as a possibility, depending on how the preseason goes. At that price he's worth keeping an eye on, given the way SC pricing works.

Nathan Freeman

Boekhorst? o_O

Surely Blues would play him straight up, being mature aged pick at pk#19 - Gingy thoughts?

Boekhorst? o_O

Surely Blues would play him straight up, being mature aged pick at pk#19 - Gingy thoughts?

You'd think we would play him Rd1. Main reason why we used our 1st round pick on him (even though he probably should have gone 2nd rd) is due to the fact that we really lack a quick outside mid with clean foot skills. Hopefully he'll be our Isaac Smith. Without wearing my Blues hat here, his highlight reel is pretty impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back