Mike Carlton cops wrath of Jewish/Israeli lobby. JIDF win this round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Smiling Buddha

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 17, 2007
Cultural Marxist Utopia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So Mike Carlton has 'resigned' from Fairfax before being pushed over 'outrage' caused by this article and his subsequent replies to 'readers'.

Israel's rank and rotten fruit is being called fascism.

Can anybody show me what was so 'anti-Semitic' about this article? What nonsense.

I don't know anything about Mike Carlton (other than what I have seen of him on Insiders) but I know this: if you can lose your job because you dare to criticise a nation for the hypocritical atrocities it is committing against a weaker people, there is something seriously stinky at play.

I for one will be boycotting Fairfax henceforth. And by boycott, I mean continuing to peruse their headlines online to keep my finger on the pulse (with Adblock running full steam; no ads = no revenue) and never purchasing any of their newspapers (which is easy when you live in Brisbane).

What a disgrace. The irony is the Jews and Israel expect essentially to have their story heard on things like the holocaust which would be acceptable and fair but blatantly have huge problems when the shoe is suddenly on the other foot and people criticise them for actions.

if you can lose your job because you dare to criticise a nation for the hypocritical atrocities it is committing against a weaker people, there is something seriously stinky at play.

luckily that's not why he lost his job then huh? it's like you don't even try to understand things, and just invent issues to fit in your narrow world-view.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/med...014738512?nk=d30b8ef831efb03ce955ddbc7f3a2829

I can understand being fired for inappropriate abuse and emails, but i'm not sure on where the antisemitism comes in. There may be examples outside of what is indicated in the article however.

Cartoon that they got in trouble for. http://cdn0.mumbrella.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/imgres-1.jpg

Isn't this similar to what happened with the Adam Goodes incident?

It's the people whom the alleged "offensive words" are directed at who seem to get to dictate to others what the tone of the conversation becomes.

Isn't this similar to what happened with the Adam Goodes incident?

It's the people whom the alleged "offensive words" are directed at who seem to get to dictate to others what the tone of the conversation becomes.
It would be more similar if America and Britain decided to give Australia back to the indigenous, sent the rest of us to Tasmania, then bombed the * out of us every now and then. Then Goodes pointed the finger...

It would be more similar if America and Britain decided to give Australia back to the indigenous, sent the rest of us to Tasmania, then bombed the **** out of us every now and then. Then Goodes pointed the finger...

That has no relevance to this discussion. We're talking about the media and Australians here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It mentions this in the first sentence of the OP you goose.

Yes, and then you focus on the article and claim it lost him his job

I don't know anything about Mike Carlton (other than what I have seen of him on Insiders) but I know this: if you can lose your job because you dare to criticise a nation for the hypocritical atrocities it is committing against a weaker people, there is something seriously stinky at play.

Goose.

I don't condone his response to the people that emailed him at all and it's not surprising that it has cost him his job, as most likely it would cost anyone their job if they responded to customers in that way ... BUT ... the storm all started from supposed anti-Semitism in the linked article in the OP. And I can't see it either. Criticism of Israeli policy/actions does not equal anti-Semitism. Or more broadly, criticism of any country's policy/actions is not racism. Yes, it CAN become that, but in no way has Mike Carlton's article come even close to being slightly confused for that.

Carlton would have copped a tirade from the very well organised Jewish lobby. He wrote nothing Racist. He shouldnt have to put up with the sort of abusive crap that was sent to him. Those 'pissants' got exactly what they deserved.

No they didn't. For example the letter Mike is responding to below is pretty easy to find if you bother looking. The letter is critical of him yes, but in no way does it justify the nasty, abusive - even racist - response below. No way.

On 28 Jul 2014, at 5:45, Mike Carlton wrote:
How arrogant and foolish you are.
Mike Carlton
Sent from my iPad

On 28 Jul 2014, at 6:56 am, Yury Glikin wrote:

Perhaps
But I’ll take that any day over being a sad and irrelevant old man, full of hate and bile.

Date: 28 July 2014 7:17:21 AEST
To: Yury Glikin
Subject: Re: Irrelevant

You’re the one full of hate and bile, sunshine. The classic example of the Jewish bigot. Now f..k off.
Mike Carlton​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back