Millewa Football League 2006 - end of 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millewa Football League

I wouldn't be surprised if Euston pulled this off, they haven't been far away this year and hadn't beaten Bambill until the weekend. They have beaten Gol Gol this season, (although it was the first hit out).
Good Luck to both sides this week!

Prediction Euston by 7 points

Last time Euston were in the big one they got flogged, I think the fact that Golly have been in th ebig one more often than not over the past 10 years would be enough for me to tip them

I reckon Golly by 45,

Last time Euston were in the big one they got flogged, I think the fact that Golly have been in th ebig one more often than not over the past 10 years would be enough for me to tip them

I reckon Golly by 45,

i think Euston have the better spread of players so i think

Euston by 19pts
go bombers

I am heading over this weekend from Adelaide to watch the Hawks in their 19th Grand Final in 29 seasons since club started.Golly will be too experienced for Euston, in their 2nd GF since establishing in '99 (Golly in 8th in same time for 5 flags). I predict a close game to 3 quarter time with Golly about 15 points up, then the team that wants it more will respond. Golly to win by 33 points. Hawks to celebrate the clubs 11th Flag, myself having seen all of them.:cool:

Did not see any Bambil boys out for mad Monday? Do you think they had booked a day of work for next week in advance?

MILLEWA LEAGUE GRAND FINAL: Played at LakeCullulleraine.

EUSTON BOMBERS: 3.2 6.4 6.7 13.10 (88)
GOL GOL HAWKS 2.4 3.7 6.9 6.12 (48).

GOALS: Euston: Shannon Neyland 4, Brad Kennedy 3, Jamie Buchanan 2, Mahino Paola 2, Harlem Pettit, John Kennedy. Gol Gol: Dean Umback 2, Reece Hall, Jason Wilkie, Richard Mills, Hayden Allen.

BEST: Euston: Phil Connell, Shannon Neyland, Brad Smith, Sam Parker, Brad Kennedy, Brian Walter, Jamie Buchanan, Peter Marciano, Lenny Williams, Anthony McMahon, Sean Smith, Dylan Browne. Gol Gol: Tony Albert, Nick Wade, Jason Wilkie, Tim Vandenberg, Sean McInerney, Tim Robinson, Craig Lovel, Jason Bruhn, Dean Umback, Tim Anderson, Mark Hooper.

Thanks to all who contributed here over the year.
Shortly I will start a new thread for the 2009 season .
Just so it can be easily indexed and help people search for specific events.

Skeeterman - It's good that you back your team but realistically they have NO chance. Bambill will be stronger then this year (if that is possible) Gol Gol will improve dramitically other then that the rest are just making up the numbers. Even if they make it to the 2nd week of finals they won't go any further.

deposit
They may play in the first week, as there is very little competition (they still need to improve a great deal), however they will only get one game in September if at all.

COUGH COUGH * BUMP * COUGH COUGH
GET ON THE BOMBER BANDWAGON!

Congrats to the Euston boys, they certainly looked the better side over the four quarters! Would have been a huge night in Euston town!

Golly did not look dangerous once the ball went forward for them. Where as S. Neyland certainly provided a focal point for the Bombers with M. Paola being subdued well by N. Wade (good match up).

Skeeterman - It's good that you back your team but realistically they have NO chance. Bambill will be stronger then this year (if that is possible) Gol Gol will improve dramitically other then that the rest are just making up the numbers. Even if they make it to the 2nd week of finals they won't go any further.

deposit
They may play in the first week, as there is very little competition (they still need to improve a great deal), however they will only get one game in September if at all.

Well done Euston, They were clearly the better side with Golly looking a little old and slow.

Very hard it at and a good rebounding backline won them the game. Golly in desperate need of some pace to break the game up. And possibly someone that can kick the ball 70 metres like Ben Parker - Freak!

Well done Euston, They were clearly the better side with Golly looking a little old and slow.

Very hard it at and a good rebounding backline won them the game. Golly in desperate need of some pace to break the game up. And possibly someone that can kick the ball 70 metres like Ben Parker - Freak!

How did Benny Parker go? Played alongside him when he had a year at Nullawil! Fair dinkum, have never seen a bloke kick a ball like him! His legs are small but got some bloody power! Have never seen a bloke put goals through from 70 out post height until then! Is Benny the coach? Congrats 2 Euston, well earnt win!

deposit

Yeah, well done to Euston, great to see them get up, as there was talk they were in real trouble with numbers etc late 2006 & in to 2007 and the futrue was not looking good.

They have always been a good bunch of blokes and it is good to see. I was wrong with the prediction, however is was only that.... my prediction.

The best thing to happen for the year was to see Bambill out in strait sets.:)

Also good to see that there actually are 3 teams that can win it, rather than 1, looking forward to next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few of the boys who are finshing school this year might be moving up Mildura way and were interested what would be the most suitable club for us?

A few of the boys who are finshing school this year might be moving up Mildura way and were interested what would be the most suitable club for us?
i would have to say werrimull great bunch of blokes looking forward to an excellent year on and off the feild. socially this would have to be the best club i have been involved in and a new club house is being built and new training facilities.

Just wondering if the Coomealla who just won Div 2 at an Aboriginal Football Carnival in Melbourne on the Weekend is the same team that played in this League. Looked a pretty young side and were very quick. Any chance of a return for Coomealla to the MFL with the next generation?

Just wondering if the Coomealla who just won Div 2 at an Aboriginal Football Carnival in Melbourne on the Weekend is the same team that played in this League. Looked a pretty young side and were very quick. Any chance of a return for Coomealla to the MFL with the next generation?

G'day Morgs,

Coomealla folded along way back, I think off field (running a club) was harder to manage on field.
Unfortunatly not many young Aboriginal lads go on to play much footy after 20-21 yo's, real same. Hence would struggle to find the number.
Most of the boys playing for Coomealla, play with Wentworth in the Sunraysia League, home club of Ruma's John Jackson.
Very interested, can you post your views on how/who played well on the Sunraysia thread,

Cheers.

G'day Morgs,

Coomealla folded along way back, I think off field (running a club) was harder to manage on field.
Unfortunatly not many young Aboriginal lads go on to play much footy after 20-21 yo's, real same. Hence would struggle to find the number.
Most of the boys playing for Coomealla, play with Wentworth in the Sunraysia League, home club of Ruma's John Jackson.
Very interested, can you post your views on how/who played well on the Sunraysia thread,

Cheers.

Some players that stood out for me were John Jackson who won the best player in the Carnival, and a couple of little, quick guys Yeatsie? best in the Finals, Joshy Smith, Anthnoy Taylor up forward, and hayden murray's last 1/4 was pretty good. B. Harris held the back down well against a Nortnern FL senior player, and a couple of the older bigger mids who I don't catch their names done alot of in and under stuff to get the ball out to the runners. Was a good set up and worked really well for them was only 8 in it at the last change and won by 40 odd points were far to fit and quick for Fitzroy Stars. From memory they came second last year in Shepparton against the same team. They will play Div 1 next year against us. Now that will be a good game.

If you have just left school then you may want top look at an SFL Club (Sunraysia Football League) based largely in the Mildura area. If you are young enough you may still play U18's or good enough you may crack a senior game.
The top reserves teams have a lot of young players and a sprinkling of bigger experinced players.

The Milewa league are largely older family orientated blokes enjoying having a kick around. Nothing wrong with that.

I won't name a specific club unless you really want me to.

From the SFL thread............ good signing for Golly, will Jarrod Roberts move over too?

Re: Sunraysia Football league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray
Lets hope they are thinking the same way. Cus i tell u 1 think for the sure the swallows are on the hunt big time. not having a great start to the 2009 season. hopefully our luck can change.

Well big news out of the weekend that Breeza could end up with either Sth Mildura as joint coach or Irymple who has the thrown the world at him to coach after the departure Eato.:confused:

Sth apparantly have a get out clause if he sells his business he is free to leave back bendigo. Also Trevor is desperate for players and this way being JC he does not upset the point system.:thumbsu:

Breeza's other option is Ouyen or Balaranld who have again opened the cheque book.:eek:

Craig Mills signed at Golly for those who are interested.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back