Millewa Football League 2009 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not singleing out anyone in particular here. Just an observation. I think maybe some guys from Merbein have their playing abilities inflated a little just because they were senior footballers out there. When the cold hard facts are that they probaBly wouldn't make the seniors at most other senior clubs in the SFL and would simply be just ressies players. Then Millewa clubs sign them up and expect them to be the great white hopes that are going to turn their club around when really they are just battlers. Just my thoughts anyway.
Hey easy there, some of those guys proved very handy in bringing the mighty saints a little thing called the FLAG!! You don't watch much millewa footy do you?

I'm not singleing out anyone in particular here. Just an observation. I think maybe some guys from Merbein have their playing abilities inflated a little just because they were senior footballers out there. When the cold hard facts are that they probaBly wouldn't make the seniors at most other senior clubs in the SFL and would simply be just ressies players. Then Millewa clubs sign them up and expect them to be the great white hopes that are going to turn their club around when really they are just battlers. Just my thoughts anyway.

Could not agree more and most of them post rubbish on here too

So with all this crap being dribbled, who has actually, signed/agreed with what clubs?
Haven't heard much from Nangi, Cardy or Euston. Can anyone from these clubs fill us in?

Spoke with Stoney last week and they have kept most of last years players and recruited 1 or 2 so far!! :thumbsu:

Cardy has been quite with new coach trying to poach a few of other clubs players!!:thumbsdown:

Euston is in a lot of trouble an so far have lost about 10-12 players to retirement and Robinvale and other clubs. Was speaking to head last week and he is worried they wont be able to field a side next year!!:eek::thumbsdown:

Hey easy there, some of those guys proved very handy in bringing the mighty saints a little thing called the FLAG!! You don't watch much millewa footy do you?
Your Merbein recruits over the years have been from good sides, One eyed is referring to the current playing stocks at Merbein. I reckon Hunt may have played in a flag for the pies along with Reid so they would be exceptions, not sure if Farley did but he's not much chop in my opinion, apparently good off field though.
The current influx of Merbein players as i believe One Eyed is referring to would not have won much more then a handfull of games in the past few years.
In saying that i don't believe it is their fault as they have had no on field support with a lack of senior key position and bigger bodies around them. It has been expected they could do it alone. I think they will flourish coming into a new environment and some experienced players around them.

Your Merbein recruits over the years have been from good sides, One eyed is referring to the current playing stocks at Merbein. I reckon Hunt may have played in a flag for the pies along with Reid so they would be exceptions, not sure if Farley did but he's not much chop in my opinion, apparently good off field though.
The current influx of Merbein players as i believe One Eyed is referring to would not have won much more then a handfull of games in the past few years.
In saying that i don't believe it is their fault as they have had no on field support with a lack of senior key position and bigger bodies around them. It has been expected they could do it alone. I think they will flourish coming into a new environment and some experienced players around them.

Spot on there Skeet! Hunt and Reid played in two, as did keatch, then she falls away. It will be interesting to see what the league do in terms of clearances out of Merbein. I know there will be a few but will they make it harder for them or not.
Spoke to a bloke from Merbein and he said Travis "chooka" Bryne maybe retiring!!!!!

Spot on there Skeet! Hunt and Reid played in two, as did keatch, then she falls away. It will be interesting to see what the league do in terms of clearances out of Merbein. I know there will be a few but will they make it harder for them or not.
Spoke to a bloke from Merbein and he said Travis "chooka" Bryne maybe retiring!!!!!

The league can't do anything at all re player clearances. If they want one they get it. Unless contracted or in debt to the club.
How could they make it hard. Would have been beter if they made hard when they had the big splurge then they wouldn't be in so deep now.

dose anyone know if there will be a interleague game next season? and why wasnt there one last season?
It is only getting played every second year from memory so should be back this year. I could be wrong though. Are you looking at playing now, that its rumoured you have signed at meringur?:eek:

I hear vandenberg, albert, wade and penny all back to Gol Gol next year. Four very handy players in any side. Whats Bambill been up to and whats happening at Bomberland?

I hear vandenberg, albert, wade and penny all back to Gol Gol next year. Four very handy players in any side. Whats Bambill been up to and whats happening at Bomberland?

Also heard Travis Bath & Tim Watson from Wenty are heading across also to Go$$y. Might need another major sponsor to pay for them all!!:D

Heard a mass exodus at Wenty as Alvey not so popular!!:eek:

can add tom vadj, rob kennedy also supposedly coming out of retirement to play at golly.
doing a good job of trying to ruin the comp

Also heard Travis Bath & Tim Watson from Wenty are heading across also to Go$$y. Might need another major sponsor to pay for them all!!:D

Has Mark very been that popular??

Travis is Wilk's first cousin, so you would image if he was heading to Gol Gol he would have already gone, don't you think?
Tim Watson (did you watch any of the finals last year) has been offered a shitload of coin by CMFL clubs, can't see why he'd go to Gol Gol for $150-$200 a game?

Just a side question, Do Gol Gol pay players that much or is it the lure of success and the environment of the club?

Has Mark very been that popular??

Travis is Wilk's first cousin, so you would image if he was heading to Gol Gol he would have already gone, don't you think?
Tim Watson (did you watch any of the finals last year) has been offered a shitload of coin by CMFL clubs, can't see why he'd go to Gol Gol for $150-$200 a game?

Just a side question, Do Gol Gol pay players that much or is it the lure of success and the environment of the club?

Rabbito dont be so defensive anyone would think you have a vested interest on these outcomes.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::D:D

Was at training on Sunday and these names were given as players looking at going or being talked of going to go$$y next year. :eek:

If these players arnt going then tell me who you have heard will be going with belly to Go$$y??

Don't you think there may be a few that will go with him from wenty and red cliffs??:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rabbito dont be so defensive anyone would think you have a vested interest on these outcomes.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::D:D

Was at training on Sunday and these names were given as players looking at going or being talked of going to go$$y next year. :eek:

If these players arnt going then tell me who you have heard will be going with belly to Go$$y??

Don't you think there may be a few that will go with him from wenty and red cliffs??:confused:

There's quite a difference btn some1 (at training at another club) saying "i think they'll go to Gol Gol cozz Belly's coaching"
and the person signing a clearance, no?

How about Penny, Albert, Tom V, Rob Kennedy, Ash Pullman's (he'd be more than handy) names have been spoken about.

There's quite a difference btn some1 (at training at another club) saying "i think they'll go to Gol Gol cozz Belly's coaching"
and the person signing a clearance, no?

How about Penny, Albert, Tom V, Rob Kennedy, Ash Pullman's (he'd be more than handy) names have been spoken about.

Yes a signature would be handy but as this is a forum we are able to let the people no what is happening whether its maybes or definates, yes??:footy:

Funny as i just spoke to a Euston player and he was told go$$y has signed Connick & Seamus Maloney which came from a players father from golly!!:confused:

Just letting u know i am on the recruiting commitee and some players that have been mentioned of on here we have alreay spoke to so am reasonably close to what is happening out there. :eek:

The only problem is the majority of the players seem to be goin to 2 clubs which does not make it easy for the bottom clubs and very hard to make up ground to be competitive!!:thumbsdown:

Yes a signature would be handy but as this is a forum we are able to let the people no what is happening whether its maybes or definates, yes??:footy:

Funny as i just spoke to a Euston player and he was told go$$y has signed Connick & Seamus Maloney which came from a players father from golly!!:confused:

Just letting u know i am on the recruiting commitee and some players that have been mentioned of on here we have alreay spoke to so am reasonably close to what is happening out there. :eek:

The only problem is the majority of the players seem to be goin to 2 clubs which does not make it easy for the bottom clubs and very hard to make up ground to be competitive!!:thumbsdown:
Jesus are Golly going to field two sides this year....How many of last year 22 G/F side will get a game this year, by the names listed not too many.....I hear Connick has gone to Bambill???? You right Tub, other clubs will struggle......But on the flip side, Golly have lost the last 2 and are desperate to win one and Bambill want to stay top dogs, cant bag either club for recruiting.....

with a massive distance between top and bottom last season. and possible similar result this upcomming season. Plus with what seems to be a bit of a influx of "better quality players" into the millewa league. Is it time to seriously look at a better form of the salary / points system for the league.

Personally i think salary caps are pointless in leagues like this as they arent policed properly and its too easy to get around. we have all see new verandahs and patios magically go onto coaches houses and stuff like that. But maybe a point system similar to the SNFL could work. with concessions given to say the bottom two teams. For example if the points max was 30 for clubs. Then maybe if a team finishes bottom two for two seasons in a row then they are allowed 40 points. Kinda like the priorty points in the AFL.

Im not saying that is the answer or even a good thought. But its possibly a base where a discussion on the topic could start from. Please share your thoughts

Oh bigrig you continue to write dribble, I have good friends at wenty and there is no mass exodus at all, they are very happy with the coach, they have just won the flag by 90 odd points and belly has told the wenty boys that he wont be taking anyone from wenty so please at least post things that may be remotely true.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

with a massive distance between top and bottom last season. and possible similar result this upcomming season. Plus with what seems to be a bit of a influx of "better quality players" into the millewa league. Is it time to seriously look at a better form of the salary / points system for the league.

Personally i think salary caps are pointless in leagues like this as they arent policed properly and its too easy to get around. we have all see new verandahs and patios magically go onto coaches houses and stuff like that. But maybe a point system similar to the SNFL could work. with concessions given to say the bottom two teams. For example if the points max was 30 for clubs. Then maybe if a team finishes bottom two for two seasons in a row then they are allowed 40 points. Kinda like the priorty points in the AFL.

Im not saying that is the answer or even a good thought. But its possibly a base where a discussion on the topic could start from. Please share your thoughts

I dont see any plausible reason why it cant work.
Even using the SFL as a guildline , it shows that it can work.
The only thing blocking it is someone at the top to make an agenda.
I would think it would get past by a vote.
Someone really needs to show future consideration to the league and not be worried about putting noses out of join.
Bigrig could do.

Oh bigrig you continue to write dribble, I have good friends at wenty and there is no mass exodus at all, they are very happy with the coach, they have just won the flag by 90 odd points and belly has told the wenty boys that he wont be taking anyone from wenty so please at least post things that may be remotely true.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Good on ya Garrynobody69 so no wenty players will go to GO$$Y with belly, thats a good story??:confused:

You will find that there will be an to say Alvey is a popular coach is bull s...! He may have won them a flag but i know for a fact he is not the most popular picture on the wall. Apparently he and phil byrnes had a blew recently at the races?? True or not.:eek:

Garry your dribble is up with the best of them and remembering it is silly season and things will be said but not necessarily all things will happen.;)

Good on ya Garrynobody69 so no wenty players will go to GO$$Y with belly, thats a good story??:confused:

You will find that there will be an to say Alvey is a popular coach is bull s...! He may have won them a flag but i know for a fact he is not the most popular picture on the wall. Apparently he and phil byrnes had a blew recently at the races?? True or not.:eek:

Garry your dribble is up with the best of them and remembering it is silly season and things will be said but not necessarily all things will happen.;)

There you go again bigrig parrot making up stories im good friends with Phil Byrnes and there has been no fight with alvey at any stage. so APPARENTLY your story is wrong again.

We will wait till the start of the season to see how many from wenty end up at golly and how many jump on the MAX EXODUS that your predicting.

this wouldnt surprise me as they have had blues in the past....

this wouldnt surprise me as they have had blues in the past....

At some stage jacko u need to grow up, there was no fight at any races and there has never been any fight anywhere between Phil and myself so watch what crap u post.

Havent been on here for a few years not much has changed these sites r still full of lies i see and also there is no mass exodus, the footy club is the best its been for a long time we have a gr8 culture as we got rid of certain disruptions a couple of years back.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

At some stage jacko u need to grow up, there was no fight at any races and there has never been any fight anywhere between Phil and myself so watch what crap u post.

Havent been on here for a few years not much has changed these sites r still full of lies i see and also there is no mass exodus, the footy club is the best its been for a long time we have a gr8 culture as we got rid of certain disruptions a couple of years back.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

hahaha u keep tellin urself that mate.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back