Millewa Football League 2009 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bombers to meet with new coach next week stay tuned for more details..

I hear someone from Balranald will be coaching you this yr Talented??:eek::eek:

How many is he going to bring with him as i hear there is about 10-15 players from last yr that want be due to retirement etc etc..........:confused:

Hope for the Millewa sake that he can make you competive like the last few years as the bombers are an important mix in the comp!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Bombers have been talking to two people all speculation at the moment and yes one was a premiership player with balranald. the other is a 150 goal full forward from horsham districts...

Bombers have been talking to two people all speculation at the moment and yes one was a premiership player with balranald. the other is a 150 goal full forward from horsham districts...
There hasn't been a 150 goal full forward in the Horsham District League since Paul Morgan in 1998 and he has long since retired!!!

Nuff Said! Is he playing or not? if not where will he be playing and where did he play last year?
played in bathurst this year played in a flag (only 4 teams in the comp) also won the league medal and goal kicking. dont think he will be back as he is wanted by the men who wear the blue uniforms:eek::thumbsdown:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

played in the merb twos for a game last year got best on but he didnt look all that good in saying that it isnt hard to get a game in merbs ones let alone two's

Speaking to T Hickey and he thinks that he would be far too good for the millewa. Had him on the radar for Interleague a few years back. Apparently very quick and would be a match winner in the MFL. Surely somebody like him and the big boy now rucking for the Roos will make them the next in line to compete with the top sides.
If he is in trouble with Decks mates we wouldn't have him anywhere near the Saints, sounds like trouble to me.
Back to real mans business we spoken to White and L Price from the Swallows, lets hope the 'Price' is right

Ran into a mate at the pub and said Jamie Roberts is out training at cardy aswell as a few reddy players lookin allright

Ran into a mate at the pub and said Jamie Roberts is out training at cardy aswell as a few reddy players lookin allright
cardross are looking ok so far.
20 odd training
new and old faces

And with a new coach, a new committee voted in , with bugs as president, lets hope things start to turn around for cardy

Thats funny i heard he had agreed to terms with Werrimull as mates with Ryan Tierney??:eek:

Skeeterman may be able to answer that question??:confused:

Thats funny i heard he had agreed to terms with Werrimull as mates with Ryan Tierney??:eek:

Skeeterman may be able to answer that question??:confused:

Agreed to terms or signed on the dotted line.....?

Plenty of country footballers have agreed to terms and never played a game for the club.

hahaha u keep tellin urself that mate.......

From what I understand, there have been 3 blokes at Wenty in the last 2 to 4 years that were individuals who didn't contribute to the team environment ,and looked out for themselves only. Since those players have left, the club has won a premiership and I keep hearing from players, supporters and committee members that the place has never been better and every one is happy. Funny that.

Agreed to terms or signed on the dotted line.....?
Plenty of country footballers have agreed to terms and never played a game for the club.

Yeh true but Jamie will be playin for Werrimull with pen on paper this week!!:eek::thumbsu:

Spoke with a SFL official the other night and looks likely that the points system will be introduced to the MFL as they are sick of the big 2 taking SFL players and the difference between the top 2 and the bottom sides. They are meeting with the MFL within weeks and clubs will be involved.:eek:

Cant see the big 2 looking on this kindly as they will have to field a weaker side than expected.:confused::thumbsdown:

Good thing for the other clubs as it might even up the rest before sides start folding trying to buy or compete against them!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yeh true but Jamie will be playin for Werrimull with pen on paper this week!!:eek::thumbsu:

Spoke with a SFL official the other night and looks likely that the points system will be introduced to the MFL as they are sick of the big 2 taking SFL players and the difference between the top 2 and the bottom sides. They are meeting with the MFL within weeks and clubs will be involved.:eek:

Cant see the big 2 looking on this kindly as they will have to field a weaker side than expected.:confused::thumbsdown:

Good thing for the other clubs as it might even up the rest before sides start folding trying to buy or compete against them!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hope it's not with that same magic pen that signed all your recruits last season
I can't see that the SFL have any rights to tell the Millewa league anything. They can suggest that it is something they would like to see introduced but at the end of the day it will need to be up to the Millewa clubs.
I think some sort of points system is a good idea but is maybe a little late.
The SFL system is entirely based around bringing up their juniors. Obviously can't work in the Millewa as they have none.
If it is introduced each club would start with a clean slate. Bambill and Gol Gol would be pretty happy with the sides they currently have for the next 2-3 years with the addition of 3-4 new players each year they should still be right. Don't forget a lot of the players these two clubs get go their because they will get some success. No one wants to go to a club that will get flogged every week. They would just rather stay and play in the 2's in the SFL.
Are the bottom clubs prepared(able to) to sit and wait for 5-6 years until things even out.
Don't forget Merbein and South Mildura were bottom when the points system was introduced and are still bottom now and things don't look like changing next season either.

Hope it's not with that same magic pen that signed all your recruits last season.

I know where id like to stick that magic pen now One Eyed and true to the name exactly what you 2 clubs are.:eek::thumbsdown:

Yes success bread success and we have had that 2 back in 2003 but it has done us no favours since!!

We have the facilities the people and great family club but it seems the almighty $$ has caused us to slip down the ladder.

Do u think its healthy that all the players want to go to 2 clubs and basically let the rest fight for the last 5 spots. :confused::thumbsdown:

I think you have missed the whole point of the post as its about leveling out the playing field and giving the poorer clubs a chance to recruit the so call ex footballers from the SFL whether that is 2nds or seniors.

Any suggestion would be welcomed how you would revamp the league before it becomes a distant memory as that is the way it is headed as there are clubs hanging by a thread an are trying to compete with the big2 in the recruiting stakes and are paying above odds for average players for the sake of being competitive and not getting done by 20 goals plus!! Only so long this can happen for.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Yes you tall poppies will be better off if they call it a clean sheet this year and it would take some time to rebuild but what it would do is give some light at the end of the tunnell for us strugglers who talk to about 100 players a year to come an play for us but end up gettin 2 or 3 and then we get old pricks like myself to fill in for games which aint gunna help s**t.....:D

Get the blinkers off and take a look at the sunshine as it does not always point up your arse Hill.:eek:

Hope it's not with that same magic pen that signed all your recruits last season.

I know where id like to stick that magic pen now One Eyed and true to the name exactly what you 2 clubs are.:eek::thumbsdown:

Yes success bread success and we have had that 2 back in 2003 but it has done us no favours since!!

We have the facilities the people and great family club but it seems the almighty $$ has caused us to slip down the ladder.

Do u think its healthy that all the players want to go to 2 clubs and basically let the rest fight for the last 5 spots. :confused::thumbsdown:

I think you have missed the whole point of the post as its about leveling out the playing field and giving the poorer clubs a chance to recruit the so call ex footballers from the SFL whether that is 2nds or seniors.

Any suggestion would be welcomed how you would revamp the league before it becomes a distant memory as that is the way it is headed as there are clubs hanging by a thread an are trying to compete with the big2 in the recruiting stakes and are paying above odds for average players for the sake of being competitive and not getting done by 20 goals plus!! Only so long this can happen for.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Yes you tall poppies will be better off if they call it a clean sheet this year and it would take some time to rebuild but what it would do is give some light at the end of the tunnell for us strugglers who talk to about 100 players a year to come an play for us but end up gettin 2 or 3 and then we get old pricks like myself to fill in for games which aint gunna help s**t.....:D

Get the blinkers off and take a look at the sunshine as it does not always point up your arse Hill.:eek:

I don't have an affiliation with any club in the Millewa. I am interested in the SFL but thought I would just add to the chat on the matter.
I thought I would just let you know before you go shoving pens up blokes incorrectly.
Happy to discuss any ideas you might have on a system that would work.
Reading between the lines of your post you are suggesting a return to a more money based salary cap with the stronger clubs not able to spend as much money as the bottom clubs???
I really think that any form of points system is never going to work in the Millewa because each club only has one side. The stronger clubs are never going to vote for an biased points system. At the end of the day the strong clubs want to keep winning and if that is at the expense of the weaker clubs so be it.
I don't agree with this attitude but unfortunetly that is just the way it is.

I don't have an affiliation with any club in the Millewa. I am interested in the SFL but thought I would just add to the chat on the matter.
I thought I would just let you know before you go shoving pens up blokes incorrectly.
Happy to discuss any ideas you might have on a system that would work.
Reading between the lines of your post you are suggesting a return to a more money based salary cap with the stronger clubs not able to spend as much money as the bottom clubs???
I really think that any form of points system is never going to work in the Millewa because each club only has one side. The stronger clubs are never going to vote for an biased points system. At the end of the day the strong clubs want to keep winning and if that is at the expense of the weaker clubs so be it.
I don't agree with this attitude but unfortunetly that is just the way it is.

Word on the street has u linked to a Mallee League Club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back