Retired Stephen Milne

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh how I miss the great 44, we were very blessed to have him at our club

I disagree. Milne retired at the right time. His last year was not exactly glowing but did enough and had a few great moments that he will never be considered a player who outstayed his welcome. This year I doubt he would have been able to concentrate on footy at all with the court case coming up and I just see him being another one of the "vets" that people will bag for staying around when they are past it.

That said, I miss him playing so damn much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All those years ago the Saints took a risk in the rookie draft to pick up a small fwd that all others had overlooked in the ND.

Even though he was one of the leading goal kicker at TAC level (2x?).

He more than showed what he could do at the top level, proving all doubters wrong.

Caleb Daniel anyone?

Apparently his playing 5-6 games for NTFL powerhouse St Mary's with Raph clarke this season,
if any comp needs equalistation its the NTFL, St Marys is way too strong

I disagree. Milne retired at the right time. His last year was not exactly glowing but did enough and had a few great moments that he will never be considered a player who outstayed his welcome. This year I doubt he would have been able to concentrate on footy at all with the court case coming up and I just see him being another one of the "vets" that people will bag for staying around when they are past it.

That said, I miss him playing so damn much.
well said:thumbsu:

Eli was doing a good impersonation of Milne until he broke his arm. Still, it would have been nice to have another avenue towards goal the season just gone.

All those years ago the Saints took a risk in the rookie draft to pick up a small fwd that all others had overlooked in the ND.

Even though he was one of the leading goal kicker at TAC level (2x?).

He more than showed what he could do at the top level, proving all doubters wrong.

Caleb Daniel anyone?
Spoke to a bloke who knew him when he was at the Bombers. Said he was a little smartarse who argued with Sheedy at training. This attitude probably had more to do with him getting over looked in the past.
Milney was small but had goal sense at an elite level.
Best small forward ive ever seen.

What ended up happening with his court case?

Milney's lawyers told the court at a directions hearing that they were thinking of applying to have the case thrown out but there's been no further news, so it looks like they're not going to do that. It's going to trial in November.

This article was the usual useless law report - didn't mention why Milne's lawyers thought they may have a case for getting the case stayed. I know it was originally set down for August, so possibly it's the prosecution that's asked for the delay and has been having some problems. But that's just me speculating.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/s...rial-abandonment-attempt-20140922-10kayo.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back