Mininera and District FL - Pre Season 2009

Discussion in 'Mininera & DFL' started by New skip 08, Nov 12, 2008.

Put it out there
  1. Andyt33

Andyt33 Rookie

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Miami Dolphins, Yarrawonga Pigeons
    I know Hawksdale MacArthur dosn't have to travel to Great Western
    maby the clubs that have to travel the furtherest to Great Western play
    Them once like alternate travel each year which is fair i saw Glenthompson dunkeld play GW twice looks a good draw though it good to see Great western back up not many clubs can manage that great effort by the club and township :thumbsu: nothing worse then losing a club for good but travel these days is unavoidable if we want to keep clubs going
    least no more byes draw looks good they can't please everybody though

2. Gopies2012

Gopies2012 Draftee

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    With the Clearance list getting bigger, who are some of the new players coming into the league this season? I've noticed that glen/dunk are getting Will Dore back who is a handy wingman from a few years ago! And I hear that Grinter that caramut have recruited goes well!

3. Footy blitz

Footy blitz Rookie

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Hamilton, Rae and Lockyer huge departures. Hamilton back to back league leading goal kicker, Rae coaching them to finals every year he coached and Lockyer last years best fairest. Also heard Matt Jackson and Paul mcloughlan have retired. Moyston not looking the best for 2012 unfortunately.

4. Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes Draftee

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Any chance you might check your spelling and grammar on your next post Andyt33? It is very hard to understand anything that you have written.

5. Deckdair

Deckdair Draftee

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Steven butler also gone to bunninyong in central highlands. Billy leskosek to rovers according to ballarat courier today. It says he is a very classy forward who has kicked bags of goals for bunninyong.

6. Deckdair

Deckdair Draftee

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Settle down. I didn't look at when he was cleared just that he had gone. Simple mistake.

7. Madman13

Madman13 Rookie

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Billy will dominate the Lower teams, but will go missing in the games that the rovers will need him most!

Doesnt apply too much pressure either!

Steve butler is wasting his time at the rabbits, will be lucky to even play a single 1s game

8. Wella22

Wella22 Debutant

Essendon
    Other teams:
    1. Taty
    2. SMW
    3. Hawkesdale
    4. Penshurst
    5. Bolac

6. Moyston
    7. Glenthompson
    8. Caramut
    9. Ararat
    10. Lismore
    11. Great Western
    12. Worndoo

9. bombers1983

bombers1983 Debutant

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    Dont count moyston out yet. Have been told they have a few handy players from ballarat in the works.

10. Gopies2012

Gopies2012 Draftee

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    I think glenthompson or caramut could be pushing that 5 th spot

11. lose

lose All Australian

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Billy had supposably signed on at the start of last yr had he not?

12. lose

lose All Australian

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    probably take bolas out of 5th nf add moyston.. also penshurst to 3rd nf hawkesdale to 4th.. but honestly who would know

13. BETON5

BETON5 All Australian

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Storm
    Moyston will not miss out on the 5.yes they have lost lockyer and hamilton 2 very good players but they have them covered easily,rae and butler no loss.they will be very quick and would expect them to challenge rovers for 2nd ala 2011.
    penshurst will make 4th,then maybe hawkesdale or bolac who have lost shitloads.
    from 6th to 12th even stevens....

14. winnersrgrinners

winnersrgrinners Draftee

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    well the season not far away,
    my ladder

taty
    penshurst
    SMW
    moyston
    hawkesdale

glenthompson
    caramut
    ararat
    lismore
    great western
    worndoo

league medal: aaron bird
    goal kicking: nicholson

15. LongDistanceFan

LongDistanceFan Draftee

Essendon
    Other teams:
    there does not seem to be a lot of info around about the clubs and not being around the league much any more I'm interested to hear how clubs have played in their various praccy matches? any new stand out players? any new guys to look out for? any old players stepping up?

16. winnersrgrinners

winnersrgrinners Draftee

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    i heard rovers got done by deakin uni by a few goals, i have not heard any other results...

17. mitch05

mitch05 Draftee

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Was told that the Eagles had a win against Navarre, all new signings playing well!

18. Deckdair

Deckdair Draftee

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Pretty even between rovers and deakin I heard. And that Matt Irving us a giant according to a few rovers players.

19. therainsarecomin

therainsarecomin Draftee

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Here are my round 1 predictions:

Ararat Vs Lismore - (29 points) Eagles to prove to strong on Alexandra Oval with the new recruits to impress.
    Glen Vs Gt Western - (35points) League newbies to taste defeat first up. Glen usually start season strongly.
    Taty Vs Bolac (45points) Reigning premiers to win hard contest first up. Bolac missing several players from last years final. Taty having a few out to injury will mean game is closer than people think.
    Moyston Vs Hawksdale (7points) - Moyston to win - very close game but moyston to start well with hawksdale being a bit jet lagged.
    Rovers Vs Muts (70points) - Rovers will smash a hard at it muts on a big oval. Muts lost quite a few in the off season and Rovers should be a 3-4 goal better side than last year
    Penshurst Vs Woorndoo (101points) Ewing to kick 10

Please feel free to comment

20. Bumbles

Bumbles Senior List

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Who are the Eagles new recruits? Also be interested to hear how Great Western are shaping up. Fantastic effort to get the club back up and running, hopefully they will be competitive!

21. therainsarecomin

therainsarecomin Draftee

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    New coach stasse is a A-Grade ruckman, new full-back Wemyss is meant to be pretty handy and throw in a few fringe players from better teams and leagues it will give them more depth

22. Wella22

Wella22 Debutant

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Weymss is an A grade player too. Will be one of, if not the best defender in the league. Won the B&F when at Bungaree. Not sure what happened to another recruit they named in the paper, Josh Brown.

Hope the Eagles go well. I know on a few occasions they have put very handy lists together, with good depth, only to end up with 25 players for 2 sides later in the year. Not sure what the story is there. Happened last year, more than comptetitive at the start of the year, then lucky to beat Worndoo.

23. Cherryfrom87

Cherryfrom87 Draftee

Geelong
    Other teams:
    NBA: New York Knicks
    forget the ararat eagles, lets talk about the real eagles. Hawkesdale/Macarthur!. the side is looking good on the track and should be an improved outfit from last year. Still plenty of young blood. have lost the speedy Winga sharrock and one of the sides prolific ball winners andrew Bos

24. Wella22

Wella22 Debutant

Essendon
    Other teams:

Lost big Roach too. Would need to improve the list after their effort in the semi against Bolac.

25. Cherryfrom87

Cherryfrom87 Draftee

Geelong
    Other teams:
    NBA: New York Knicks
    He's a big lose aswell as Kurt Buchanan but they have some run and dash players from koroit and josh Reichman has returned from QLd. Brother Lachie is looking as fit as ever. One to watch from the eagles. Sam Ratta Lewis.

Any Early league BnF predictions?