Mininera and District FL - Pre Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a big lose aswell as Kurt Buchanan but they have some run and dash players from koroit and josh Reichman has returned from QLd. Brother Lachie is looking as fit as ever. One to watch from the eagles. Sam Ratta Lewis.

Any Early league BnF predictions?

Is that the same Sam Lewis that turned down the coaching position at Koroit Cherryfrom87?

Well after tipping 6 out of 6 last week i may aswell go again:

Rd 2:
Gt Western Vs Penshurst - (20goals) New look penshurst team will smash Gt Western on the small oval. Ewing not to leave the goal square and kick 8 - Big job for Ben Newson who is a handy fullback

Lismore Vs Taty - (103points) Taty should easily account for Lismore. Taty still missing a few players with delayed starts to the year.

Caramut Vs Moston (12points) Caramut in an upset. Always hard to beat at home ground. Should win the contested ball. Todd Lamont to kick 4

Hawksdale Vs Glen (7points) Hawksdale to bounce back on home ground.

Bolac Vs Rovers (10goals) Bolac will improve from round one but rovers ar to strong with Leskosek to kick a bag.

Woorndoo Vs Ararat (15goals) - Normally margin would be bigger but the tigers are good at congesting the footy on its small oval.

Well after tipping 6 out of 6 last week i may aswell go again:

Rd 2:
Gt Western Vs Penshurst - (20goals) New look penshurst team will smash Gt Western on the small oval. Ewing not to leave the goal square and kick 8 - Big job for Ben Newson who is a handy fullback

Lismore Vs Taty - (103points) Taty should easily account for Lismore. Taty still missing a few players with delayed starts to the year.

Caramut Vs Moston (12points) Caramut in an upset. Always hard to beat at home ground. Should win the contested ball. Todd Lamont to kick 4

Hawksdale Vs Glen (7points) Hawksdale to bounce back on home ground.

Bolac Vs Rovers (10goals) Bolac will improve from round one but rovers ar to strong with Leskosek to kick a bag.

Woorndoo Vs Ararat (15goals) - Normally margin would be bigger but the tigers are good at congesting the footy on its small oval.
Interesting results last weekend. Not many would have tipped pumas and ararat to win.......Pumas must have covered their losses. Saw second half of ararat's game. Big ruckman goes well in centre bounces but is bloody lazy round ground. Who is he? Also a bald bloke at CHB carved it up. Didnt see him last year for Ararat. At least five new faces. Looks like they will be competitive......at least first half of year till they drop of again. They didnt have a bench from 3 qrt time so depth will be tested. Have penshurst picked up that well or tigers dropped of? That was a massive result. Got told today that tatys ex senior coach did his knee and is finished with football. Sad if true. He really got a lot out of himself for his size. Bad luck Matty if it is true.

Think all tips THERAINSARECOMIN predicted are good. Dont think ararat will win by that much thou. They wernt that good. Also Rovers aill be stronger this week. They are top 3 certinties......

So 4 out of 6 for last round bought me back to earth.

Tips for round 3:

Lismore Vs Bolac (16points) - To be a close game at Derri with the tall bolac players to outplay a smallish lismore team.

Glen Vs Caramut (7 goals) - Glen to out run a slow muts. Glen play a good brand of football which should result in a comfortable win.

Moyston Vs Rovers (40points) Rovers to beat moyston in a shoot out. Rovers forward line probably most dangerous in league. Fletcher to kick 6

Taty Vs Woorndoo (30goals) Taty should smash the tigers with goals shared between panther bell and nicholson.

Penshurst Vs Hawksdale (10goals) Hawksdale being the biggest dissappointment so far this season and with Penshurst probably being flag favourite atm.

Ararat Vs Gt Western (36points) Ararat to go to a 3-0 start to the season with a good win against the westerners. Burton to kick a bag in front of big crowd.

Been a few rounds, time for a new ladder prediction. Obviously injuries and late clearances will play a part, but here we go.

Penshurst-Good form so far.
Taty-Always very strong. Gained more than they have lost.
Moyston-More versatile than last year. Quick and clean with the ball.
SMW-Very dangerous IF it all clicks.
Glenthompson

Hawkesdale-Disappointing so far.
Ararat-Much improved. More depth.

Bolac-May improve as the year goes on.
Lismore-Will stack their 2s and aim for that flag.
Caramut-Will give a contest. No depth.

GWS
Worndoo

As a long time fan of the now defunct Lexton Plains it is good to see Ararat have a few wins early. Can they take the next step this season and play finals? Also how is there coach going and also that super backmen from Carngham Linton? Weyms i think?

I dont think they will play finals, they may win another 3 or 4 games. They may push some of the top sides, but in the end they probably wont beat any genuine finals contenders. However In saying that, they have already have 3 wins on the board which is more games than they have won in several seaons. I have watched them twice this year and all their recruits have played well, although against Caramut they seemed to have a few of there regular players out (Burton, Jackson, Bulger). Good luck to the Eagles for the rest of the season and also to Gt Western, Its great to see you back on the park.

This forum has died a slow death.. 2/3rds of the way through the year, Penshurst and Taty the obvious favorites, Glenthompson and Hawkesdale are surprising a few ang after bright starts, Moyston and Rovers are dropping off the pace.
Anyone have thoughts on who is likely to make the team of the year so far?

How are the Eagles faring? Good to see they won a couple as it certainly didn't happen very often when I played there :D

What is happening with Ararat? Started like a house on fire now they cant even beat worndoo by a 100 points. Lost any players or just caught a couple teams of guard early on?

Ararat had some key injuries earlier in the year, lost FF B Bulger RD1 with a broken wrist (just returned), CHB Jackson Rd3 with ACL (season), and CHF Birch-Burton for as rd4 for a month with a hamstring..

The weekends games are got a good guide to go on (Rovers only beat Bolac by 6 goals, Taty only beat Lismore by 10 goals, and Penshurst only beat great Western by 100, when most would have expected much bigger margins on a dry day), I know it rained the whole game at Ararat and it was more like a lake than an oval.

Ararat forfeited the twos why was that? Also has wemyss been playing his name was a regular in the bests till the last month?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why the Ararat 2's forfeit, they mustn't have wanted the long roadtrip to Penshurst. Pretty piss-poor effort.
Weymss got kicked in the back Rd 16 V Caramut and broke a couple of ribs.

Well Well Well just thought i would buy the Warrnambool paper walking past a news agent in Geelong talk about sooks.There is just one question i would like to ask Mr Ewing as he has said in his post match interview. Tatyoon has the finances to bring players in late in the year.Would the players be Ross Panther who was injured first round or was it Damien Cameron also injured or was it Authur Armstrong who also was injured first round .Come on Grant i thought there was'nt any vineyards down that way to have sour grapes:(:(:(
Newsflash EX senior coach and premiership player Matt Harris has got the all clear on his LARS knee reco and will be playing in magoos sat,as is Rich Tucker after his hip replacement they were missing that day as well, there is another three players to come in as well but cant say much about those blokes signed up on the 1st of July so sssshh dont tell the league, cheques bounced.:thumbsu::thumbsu:Mums the word.

Well done to Penshurst in the seniors and Taty in the reserves. Five quality sides in the senior finals this year. Time to move onto 2013!

• Penshurst and Glenthompson to benefit from the Hamilton merger
  • Worndoo and Bolac to merge
  • Will Caramut add some more depth and take the next step.......
  • Can Ararat attract more players, or will the best players go to Taty and Moyston as usual.....
  • SMW Rovers have signed 5 players from Geelong, but will lose a few
  • Lismore to load up for a 2s flag again

• Hakesdale have lost Reichman
  • Damian Cameron playing in the Wimmera
  • Bird and Sambell moving on
  • Arart Eagles have signed a few, including Aaron Thompson from Waubra and another senior player from Springbank
  • Eales from Stawell back to Penshurst
  • New coaches for GWS (Thomas-a Wimmera league BNF) and Bolac (Wilcox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back