Mininera & District Under 16's

Remove this Banner Ad

Its pretty hard to say but one certain club umpire might favour one player from that club and do it all year so that he has a chance of winning the league. Don't no really that was just my guess anyone else wanna comment

Thats exactly my point.......most clubs have one umpire all season and generally they know who they give votes too!

I am not saying there is any malpractice, but it is pretty easy for an umpire to keep tabs on who he gives votes to all season, when he umpires every game.

Plus generally only one or maybe two players from each club has any chance of winning it......so they will more than likely dominate voting whether they deserve to or not on some occasions.

Thats exactly my point.......most clubs have one umpire all season and generally they know who they give votes too!

I am not saying there is any malpractice, but it is pretty easy for an umpire to keep tabs on who he gives votes to all season, when he umpires every game.

Plus generally only one or maybe two players from each club has any chance of winning it......so they will more than likely dominate voting whether they deserve to or not on some occasions.

Yeah your pretty well right mate happens everywhere now i think

Yeah i have to agree but at least they doing their bit and volunteering for the club, where would junior footy be without the volunteer umps

Hey, I totally agree that they do a good job in general, and we would be stuffed as clubs without them, but I was only pointing out that the B&F voting can be different because they have a more intimate knowledge of who they are voting for, compared to totally neutral umpires for the seniors.

Same goes for the twos as well.

Hey, I totally agree that they do a good job in general, and we would be stuffed as clubs without them, but I was only pointing out that the B&F voting can be different because they have a more intimate knowledge of who they are voting for, compared to totally neutral umpires for the seniors.

Same goes for the twos as well.

Yeah fair points!!
Also happens in the LPFL with the u14, u17 & ressies getting club umpires!
Wimmera a lucky league to get nuetral umpires for all the ranks week in week out..

Yeah fair points!!
Wimmera a lucky league to get nuetral umpires for all the ranks week in week out..

Yeah good point big hawk just cause we play in lower leagues it shouldn't mean that we don't get some quaility umpires. Even in the seniors in our league we get some pretty dodgy umpires that don't have much of an idea. And for the juniors i think we should get atleast one if not two proper umpires so that we can be umpired fairly and pulled up on our mistakes properly, and have some good and fair decisions made

Yeah fair points!!

The under 14s in the Wimmera League use club umpires..
And just in relation to New Skip's comment about the standard of umpiring in the LPFL, just because the Wimmera league gets neutral umpires every week doesn't mean the standard is any better..
Have seen a few games this year and the umpiring seems no better than anywhere else i have seen locally!

The under 14s in the Wimmera League use club umpires..
And just in relation to New Skip's comment about the standard of umpiring in the LPFL, just because the Wimmera league gets neutral umpires every week doesn't mean the standard is any better..
Have seen a few games this year and the umpiring seems no better than anywhere else i have seen locally!

Haha ok then thats fair enough, Its proberly an issue that needs to be looked at then

who are going to be some of the better footballers in the under 16s next year. and the better teams. any ones thoughts on that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who are going to be some of the better footballers in the under 16s next year. and the better teams. any ones thoughts on that

If moysten can keep their players that are eligiable for u/16 they will be a fairly good side, aslo from wat i hear taty might be a strong side!

Possible Recruits for us would be Nick Taylor - Stawell Warriors, Nick Laidlaw - Ararat Rats, Sam Neville - Ararat Rats, Liam Fitzpatrick - Ararat Warriors, there a some more but cant think of names.

Possible Recruits for us would be Nick Taylor - Stawell Warriors, Nick Laidlaw - Ararat Rats, Sam Neville - Ararat Rats, Liam Fitzpatrick - Ararat Warriors, there a some more but cant think of names.

Nick would travel from Stawell to tatyoon to play junior football?

sounds like ur a bit of a may fan he wont win the league b&f but should poll ok will probably be bottom half of top 10

he is the stand out player for l/d every week. so if the umpires have there eyes open they would be giving him votes every week. maybe not the full 3 but 1 or 2 every week. tyson osbourne is another league sleeper. northey has a good chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back