Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

And now the report is he prefers Klay Thompson and wants to deal with the Dubs. The idiocy of that idea is terrifying.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Ugh, please no. I don't understand what his fascination with Klay is.

That said, wouldn't a deal involving Wiggins be almost impossible financially? Still getting my head around all the trade rules in the NBA but it seems that way to me.
We would probably take some hack on 8-10 Mill from a third team

I actually dont Mind Klay, Decent defender, alright shooter, Would start in most teams but IF he's the freaking centerpoint in a trade for the best PF in the game, urg

Ugh, please no. I don't understand what his fascination with Klay is.

That said, wouldn't a deal involving Wiggins be almost impossible financially? Still getting my head around all the trade rules in the NBA but it seems that way to me.

I've been trying to work this out too.

As Wiggins is yet to sign his rookie scale contract his salary value for trading is zero (they are trading his rights), so Wiggins, Waiters and Bennett for Love is about $1.2m short of a salary match. They could include Thompson or more likely Hayward in the deal to make the match.

The other issue to watch is roster slots. We can take back three players for Love, but if we take back a fourth we have to send someone out. Shabazz, Turiaf or the like. LaVine cannot be moved until 30 days after he signed his contract, which is on August 6th.

Cyberdyne

Debutant
May 9, 2011
Croydon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, Wild, and T-Wolves
I am liking new kid LaVine, he has the tools I think. Just hope can keep working hard.

As for Love I would much prefer a Wiggins deal than a Thompson deal.

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors,Chicago Bulls
Hi guys,
You are probably over the various Love trade scenarios.
But you are most likely to know what is fair and reasonable, what do you think is the most likely outcome.
Caves offer Wiggins, Bennett, first round,etc seems pretty decent if this is actually on the table.
Warriors without Thompson won't get anything done, but if it's Thompson, Lee, Barnes and whatever with Martins salary back the other way seems ok.
What do you guys prefer and what do you think will happen?
It seems Warriors is a now move and you know what you get,the Cavs move is more long term with more potential up side.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hi guys,
But you are most likely to know what is fair and reasonable, what do you think is the most likely outcome.
Caves offer Wiggins, Bennett, first round,etc seems pretty decent if this is actually on the table.
Warriors without Thompson won't get anything done, but if it's Thompson, Lee, Barnes and whatever with Martins salary back the other way seems ok.
It seems Warriors is a now move and you know what you get,the Cavs move is more long term with more potential up side.
The Warriors deal we go nowhere. We dont improve our squad, we only get rid of Martin, Who's the least of our worries

Bennett+Wiggins we get a stretch 4 and a Wing player with fantastic potential,

SE_Blue

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves; Meath GAA
Hi guys,

The Warriors deal does absolutely nothing to help us. At best we might make a 7th or 8th seed at one point. We also have to take on Lee's terrible, terrible contract.

The Warriors deal does absolutely nothing to help us. At best we might make a 7th or 8th seed at one point. We also have to take on Lee's terrible, terrible contract.

And in a world in which Gordon Hayward is a max player, Klay is likely to be overpaid.

Try having to stomach the above as a jazz fan .....:straining:

Seemed to be widely accepted the Jazz would match on the basis they couldn't get a comparable player for the cap space available. Could you have made a run at Lance if you let Hayward go the Hornets?

Oh, and Exum…very jealous. Kid is going to be a star.

Seemed to be widely accepted the Jazz would match on the basis they couldn't get a comparable player for the cap space available. Could you have made a run at Lance if you let Hayward go the Hornets?

Oh, and Exum…very jealous. Kid is going to be a star.
We rolled the dice and lost ...could have been a little more flexible and signed Hayward far cheaper than the end result .....i blame Big Al ...o_O
Recon too Hayward was a little lucky in that Hood had not strutted his stuff before the offer had to
be matched......Lance ....yer although i guess we need atleast one white boy on the roster which played in to Haywards hands too ..;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
I just can't see what he can offer. He doesn't shoot consistently enough to be a decent spot up shooter bench option and he's not good enough to start. He grabs some boards on the defensive end but that's really about it. Don't get it at all.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I just can't see what he can offer. He doesn't shoot consistently enough to be a decent spot up shooter bench option and he's not good enough to start. He grabs some boards on the defensive end but that's really about it. Don't get it at all.
And rebounding is hardly our problem.

Wiggins. You have to get the best player you can.

Good players in the Bulls package, but it's a ticket to .500 ball in the West.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Isn't Kevin martin a good player, why is he being thrown in as a player someone needs to take on rather than want? pls dont take wiggins, you can have waiter, bennet, thompson just not Wiggins :p

Isn't Kevin martin a good player, why is he being thrown in as a player someone needs to take on rather than want? pls dont take wiggins, you can have waiter, bennet, thompson just not Wiggins :p

Wiggins is the only really valuable player. I'd rather love walk in 12 months for nothing.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Good but flawed, Kind of like every single one of our players on the list bar Brewer

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Wiggins is the only really valuable player. I'd rather love walk in 12 months for nothing.
Do you really see him walking as a feasible option for us? I can see the logic somewhat; with him gone for nothing we've basically packed it in for the next 3-4 years, guaranteeing a few lottery picks and a genuine rebuild. Mediocrity is hell but can this organisation really afford to be winning 20 odd games a season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back