Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Wolves have to trade another player out with Love, so this is my punt at what the deal will look like:

Cleveland: Kevin Love
Philadelphia: Anthony Bennett, JJ Barea
Minnesota: Andrew Wiggins, Thad Young, John Lucas III (waived)

Scatter liberally with picks.

This was the one I found:

Cleveland Receives: PF Kevin Love ($15.7), SG Corey Brewer ($4.7)

Minnesota Receives: SG Andrew Wiggins ($5.5), PF Thaddeus Young ($9.4), PF Anthony Bennett ($5.6), PG John Lucas III ($1.6) and Cleveland's 2018 first-round pick.

Philadelphia Receives: SG Dion Waiters ($4.1), PG J.J. Barea ($4.5), C Brendan Haywood ($2.2), PF Malcolm Thomas (950k) and a 2015 first-round pick (via Miami from Cleveland).

Sounds awful for the Cavs though and don't know what planet they'd have to be on to accept it.

This was the one I found:

Cleveland Receives: PF Kevin Love ($15.7), SG Corey Brewer ($4.7)

Minnesota Receives: SG Andrew Wiggins ($5.5), PF Thaddeus Young ($9.4), PF Anthony Bennett ($5.6), PG John Lucas III ($1.6) and Cleveland's 2018 first-round pick.

Philadelphia Receives: SG Dion Waiters ($4.1), PG J.J. Barea ($4.5), C Brendan Haywood ($2.2), PF Malcolm Thomas (950k) and a 2015 first-round pick (via Miami from Cleveland).

Sounds awful for the Cavs though and don't know what planet they'd have to be on to accept it.
Basically a trade made by a philly fan to get waiters, a draft pick and a valuable contract for thad-yo

Basically a trade made by a philly fan to get waiters, a draft pick and a valuable contract for thad-yo
Pretty sure it was a Clips fan actually, haha.

Was from BR though, so not worth much at all. Just thought it was interesting that it matched up with the quote above so well.

I didn't understand why Minny fans were so adverse to a complete rebuild till I started reading Cainus Hoopus. And it makes obvious sense. Not sure if it's what you envisioned happening 2 or 3 years ago, but you'll be getting a stud in Wiggins.

Messenger trade is the one I think might happen if Philly get involved. Not necessarily against it because I think Bennett has a lot to offer still plus he was high on Hinkie's radar, but Thad holds something to Sixers fans.

The main question around Thad that i've read is that Flip sees very little value in him unless he opts in. Doesn't want to deal for a rental which makes sense.

Is Thad likely to want to come to us and opt in? I can see the value in playing next to Rubio for some players. Will be an interesting few months leading up to the season!

The main question around Thad that i've read is that Flip sees very little value in him unless he opts in. Doesn't want to deal for a rental which makes sense.

Is Thad likely to want to come to us and opt in? I can see the value in playing next to Rubio for some players. Will be an interesting few months leading up to the season!

He'd look at the starting 5 for the season with him at 4 and should feel pretty comfortable that it's going to be a pretty competent line up. I don't think his desire is to just chase a ring, he's happy to grow with a team, he just wouldn't want another season like he's just had which he'll get if he stays. Plus that potential starting 5 should be a hell of a lot of fun, so yeah I think he'll commit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wiggins/Bennett/First in 2015 for Love

Pretty sad, We pissed off and pissed away another Premier PF talent due to s**t-head managers

Am I right in saying the Cavs still hold a Miami first? That could be tasty if Wade has another interrupted season.

Am I right in saying the Cavs still hold a Miami first? That could be tasty if Wade has another interrupted season.
Not exactly sure. Considering we lose our first pick if its between 13-30 to phoenix, if we manage to miss finals we possibly have two picks in the top 20,

Not exactly sure. Considering we lose our first pick if its between 13-30 to phoenix, if we manage to miss finals we possibly have two picks in the top 20,

Can't see us making the playoffs in the Wild West even if we flip Bennett for Young. Unless Rubio breaks out. So much hinges on if he can take the next step and be a legit scoring threat post Love.

Whatever happens we'll be an interesting team to follow no doubt!

Can't see us making the playoffs in the Wild West even if we flip Bennett for Young. Unless Rubio breaks out. So much hinges on if he can take the next step and be a legit scoring threat post Love.

Whatever happens we'll be an interesting team to follow no doubt!
Did you see Rubio's stats from the game for Spain? 1-7 shooting, 7 points, 3 steals...in over 23 minutes. I laughed a little and then cried a lot.

There's noway we make the playoffs in the west after this trade, with Kevin we couldn't anyway.

Much happier with getting Bennett who might turn into something while still on a rookie contract over the rental of Young who is sick of losing in Philadelphia so chances are he'd bolt in free agency next season if he was apart of the trade.

Did you see Rubio's stats from the game for Spain? 1-7 shooting, 7 points, 3 steals...in over 23 minutes. I laughed a little and then cried a lot.

Yep and I also saw him blow an OPEN lay up and hit the side of the back board on a corner three.

Why doesn't this guy work on his jumper all summer! And his finishing at the rim is horrible. Needs to improve, he'll be our barometer.

A big disappointment in the trade was not being to unload JJ, he personifies the term addition by subtraction.
We're still fishing to get rid of Shved/JJ/Mbah a Moute. Which would be the best outcome because God damn they are some serious dead weight

We're still fishing to get rid of Shved/JJ/Mbah a Moute. Which would be the best outcome because God damn they are some serious dead weight

The sooner they leave the better, Maybe package a couple of them along with the protected first that we recieve for something...anything!
To think that Mbah a Moute was getting minutes ahead of Shabazz last season still infuriates me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back