Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Did a bit of reading around last night and it seemed that Cooney went on a radio show after that philly piece and didn't really confirm anything. Which is pretty sly considering he got another dude to write it.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
I like that we're keeping Bennett. As much as I still want to bring Young across if at all possible, I think he has a bit to offer us.

With Cunningham cleared of all charges any chance we bring him back if we manage to shed Mbah/JJ/Shved? He mentioned in an interview that we were one of several teams involved in talks with him.

SE_Blue

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves; Meath GAA
I believe I read somewhere (might've been Wolfson) that Dante wanted to stay with the Wolves. If he can replicate his form the season before last, I definitely wouldn't be against it.

On Bennett, I look at him in several regards.

Firstly, he's still very young and, as we all like to whisper to ourselves when that KPP we drafted hasn't played a game of senior football in a few years, big guys take longer.

Secondly, I believe that nobody could draft worse than us and if the Cavs have taken Bennett #1 there must be something there, surely.

Cyberdyne

Debutant
May 9, 2011
Croydon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, Wild, and T-Wolves
I like DC, but offensively he is a one-trick pony (deep 2's from the top). He a was a contributing reason why the second unit had no fire power.

I am really looking forward to Diengs' progress. Pekovic will play less minutes so we should see more of him.

Looks like we've got Thad Young for Mbah, Shved and the Cleveland pick. Would have preferred to keep the pick but it's a decent deal (provided he signs an extension). Flip's handled this off-season pretty well I reckon.

Yeah, I'm ok with trading the pick for Young, even for a rental. Bennett as a starting PF in the West is not good. Young gives him cover for 12 months.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Yeah, I'm ok with trading the pick for Young, even for a rental. Bennett as a starting PF in the West is not good. Young gives him cover for 12 months.
I just think the Miami pick could be extremely valuable if Wade struggles with his knees, but I definitely see where you're coming from. Happy with the haul regardless, just would have liked an extra pick in there somewhere to speed up our semi-rebuild a bit.

Excited to see Rubio, LaVine, Wiggins, Young and Dieng playing together at stages next year. Seriously dynamic lineup. A long way from starting calibre at the minute though, clearly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SE_Blue

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Looks like we've got Thad Young for Mbah, Shved and the Cleveland pick. Would have preferred to keep the pick but it's a decent deal (provided he signs an extension). Flip's handled this off-season pretty well I reckon.

Big tick for Flip this off-season.

SE_Blue

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bringing back Hummel is pretty much the only thing I can fault, really. Don't see what he's supposed to be offering. Everything else is looking okay.

Yeah that one is strange. I guess everyone has their favourites for one reason or another, similar to AFL coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back