Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

We piled off a couple of expiring contracts, our roster space was pretty tight so it saved us a bit of money to keep Bennett, Plus, the bloke was a number 1 pick
I'm aware of Bennett, i watched him play a dozen or so times last season.

Would prefer if Taylor didn't come out with s**t like this...
I question Kevin if this is going to be the best deal for him because I think he's going to be the third player on a team. I don't think he's going to get a lot of credit if they do really well. I think he'll get the blame if they don't do well. He's going to have to learn to handle that.

I think he's around a couple guys are awful good. Now I'm not saying that Kevin's not good, but I think where maybe he got away with some stuff, not playing defense on our team, I'm not sure how that's going to work in Cleveland. So I would guess they're going to ask him to play more defense. And he's foul-prone."
If he got away with not playing defense on our team that's the team's fault. :drunk:

Bv_Q6lrIQAAvhc4.jpg

We're still trying to get a S+T with Eric Bledsoe but the suns wont budge

Offering Bledsoe a max makes no sense to me. Firstly it means that Rubio will start demanding the max. Then you have a line-up of Rubio, Bledsoe, Wiggins, Young and Vucevic which has worse spacing that the Pistons last year.

Offering Bledsoe a max makes no sense to me. Firstly it means that Rubio will start demanding the max. Then you have a line-up of Rubio, Bledsoe, Wiggins, Young and Vucevic which has worse spacing that the Pistons last year.
I suppose all Montenegrin's look the same? Racist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took me a few minutes to figure out what you were talking about, then realised my mistakes. I swear I was thinking of Pekovic, but the brain typed Vucevic.

Regardless of that, I agree about signing Bledsoe to the max - it makes no sense. He has played well for half a season.
(and admittedly he was stuck behind CP before that). Even at his 13/14 levels I wouldn't consider him a max guy... his stats were somewhat inflated on a high usage team - and he wasn't even the best guard on a team that missed the playoffs.

Plus you need to think about where your roster is going to be in 2-3 years, you don't want a Bledsoe max deal getting in the way of resigning any of your other guys. (Unless you are supremely confident that the salary cap will become largely inflated by then).

If you are bringing in another PG, you need to make a decision on what you're doing with Rubio. I have a lot of difficulty with knowing how to rate the guy - and I don't know at what point his poor shooting outweighs his otherwise good play... I will leave that judgement up to Wolves fans.

Regardless of that, I agree about signing Bledsoe to the max - it makes no sense. He has played well for half a season.
(and admittedly he was stuck behind CP before that). Even at his 13/14 levels I wouldn't consider him a max guy... his stats were somewhat inflated on a high usage team - and he wasn't even the best guard on a team that missed the playoffs.

Plus you need to think about where your roster is going to be in 2-3 years, you don't want a Bledsoe max deal getting in the way of resigning any of your other guys. (Unless you are supremely confident that the salary cap will become largely inflated by then).

If you are bringing in another PG, you need to make a decision on what you're doing with Rubio. I have a lot of difficulty with knowing how to rate the guy - and I don't know at what point his poor shooting outweighs his otherwise good play... I will leave that judgement up to Wolves fans.
It helps with spacing, If we had 2-3 blokes who were capable of making mid range shots it would of been a non-issue, However Love for all his fanfare is not a great shooter like Melo/Dirk, He's lights out at the elbows/three and after that he's a bit uncomfortable,

Daily reminder that our starting five for next year could've been Rubio/Thompson/Brewer/Lee/Pek with Barnes coming off the bench.

Instead, by years end, Andrew Wiggins will be in there.

Daily reminder that our starting five for next year could've been Rubio/Thompson/Brewer/Lee/Pek with Barnes coming off the bench.

Instead, by years end, Andrew Wiggins will be in there.
I still think it's a giant ruse and the Wolves will pull something out of the hat to remove all hope

Suns wanted Wiggins for Bledsoe.

I was frightened.

I still think it's a giant ruse and the Wolves will pull something out of the hat to remove all hope

Wiggins and Rubio for Chalmers and a top 20 protected first from Miami.

Whats the starting 5 gonna look like?

Rubio, Martin, Wiggins, Thad, Pekovic?

I reckon the Martin trade would be interesting, get LaVine in there with Wiggins

Will Wiggins play the 2 or the 3?

Whats the starting 5 gonna look like?

Rubio, Martin, Wiggins, Thad, Pekovic?

I reckon the Martin trade would be interesting, get LaVine in there with Wiggins

Will Wiggins play the 2 or the 3?
We wont be trading the only bloke who can hit a 3 on our team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back