Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you watch pre season games on league pass? I notice there are highlights for the game but gametimes doesn't let me watch the game
I'm not sure. I've managed to find a couple of the games "elsewhere" though.

Looks as though Chase and Bazz were immense today. Wonder if that puts GRIII in doubt?

Can you watch pre season games on league pass? I notice there are highlights for the game but gametimes doesn't let me watch the game
Games arent televised which means no league pass. They get the highlights as the games are still recorded and played on the jumbotrons at the game. You can still find streams to watch them, but its annoying as hell with replays after made shots etc

Games arent televised which means no league pass. They get the highlights as the games are still recorded and played on the jumbotrons at the game. You can still find streams to watch them, but its annoying as hell with replays after made shots etc

Thanks for the info

Kevin Love essay - it's actually pretty good.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kevin-love-how-i-spent-my-summer-vacation/
So I’d like to take a moment to thank the fans of Minnesota for six great years. I still remember sitting in Madison Square Garden when I was first drafted in 2008, thinking that if I could go anywhere it would be to the Timberwolves to work with one of my childhood idols, Kevin McHale. There are so many people in Minnesota who helped to shape my game and mold me into the player I am today. I’ll always be fond of going to Manny’s Steakhouse, and the support I got from the entire Minnesota community — even in tough times — is something I’ll remember forever. (Seriously, thanks for not burning my jersey, you guys.

You didn't find it condescending at all?

Wiggins had a rough summer, but so did i.... Of course you did, you were the one who forced the trade

That while empty stat garbage... It's not my fault we lost I put up numbers

I'm used to people pulling out the beats and iPads, but it's so much better here

Give me a break

You didn't find it condescending at all?

Wiggins had a rough summer, but so did i.... Of course you did, you were the one who forced the trade

That while empty stat garbage... It's not my fault we lost I put up numbers

I'm used to people pulling out the beats and iPads, but it's so much better here

Give me a break
A few sections made me raise my eyebrows a little but overall I didn't think it was too bad. I sympathise with him a little and, rightly or wrongly, I probably always will. In the end we continually failed to surround a star player with the players and systems required to be a playoff team and I don't really blame him for becoming frustrated. Some parts of the essay were condescending but our team hasn't exactly been totally innocent since the trade - Taylor coming out and suggesting that Love "got away" with not playing defense and wouldn't adjust to not being the focal point wasn't a good look and I'd be pretty pissed off with talk like that too, especially when we ended up doing pretty well out of the trade. I didn't think it was deliberately condescending; just somebody airing his frustrations out and trying to rationalise his decision.

I didn't watch the game but everyone who did seems glowing in their praise of Barea. It's looking more and more likely that he takes that last roster spot over GRIII unless we trade Bud (which I still don't think makes total sense).

Anyway, nice to end the pre-season on a high. Four wins in a row is our best PS streak since 2001 - another 50 win season beckons? :drunk:

Report card for every player over the PS - good read:
http://www.howlintwolf.com/2014/10/25/2014-wolves-preseason-review-final-report-card/

And looks like he got bought out Dannnnnnnnnn :p

Read that Flip had a role off the bench for him in limited minutes, but he didn't go for. Think it's best for both parties, would have been annoyed if GRIII didn't at least get a spot.

And looks like he got bought out Dannnnnnnnnn :p

Read that Flip had a role off the bench for him in limited minutes, but he didn't go for. Think it's best for both parties, would have been annoyed if GRIII didn't at least get a spot.
Yeah, sounds like JJ wouldn't agree to not playing nightly. Fair enough really. Likely gets a bigger role elsewhere I'd say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how to feel.

On the one hand I'm glad we kept Ricky, we certainly weren't going to get a better PG than him IMO.

On the other, it's a pretty long term deal and a lot of money. Really hinges on whether he can improve his shot.

I'm not sure how to feel.

On the one hand I'm glad we kept Ricky, we certainly weren't going to get a better PG than him IMO.

On the other, it's a pretty long term deal and a lot of money. Really hinges on whether he can improve his shot.

The question is if you let him get to RFA, what is the market for him? If he improves his shot his value skyrockets and we could be paying him Klay Thompson money to stay given the number of teams likely to have substantial cap room next season. Conversely he plays at a position of depth in the NBA, so we might have been bluffed.

I like it overall, keeps us out of the "will he, won't he" stuff next summer and gives us some cap certainty. Certainty that our cap is ****ed, but certainty none the less.

If we're going to have any success with the rebuild this time around (* me dead.....) we need to keep some stability in our roster.

Compare our 2012-13 roster to today.

Lou Amundson
JJ Barea
Chase Budinger
Will Conroy
Dante Cunningham
Mickael Gelebale
Lazar Hayward
Josh Howard (I still love you Josh :()
Chris Johnson
Andrei Kirilenko
Malcolm Lee
Kevin Love
Nikola Pekovic
Luke Ridnour
Brandon Roy
Ricky Rubio
Alexey Shved
Greg Stiemsma
Derrick Williams

Of that roster there are three players still with us now, and there's rumours we're trying to ship Budinger.

The question is if you let him get to RFA, what is the market for him? If he improves his shot his value skyrockets and we could be paying him Klay Thompson money to stay given the number of teams likely to have substantial cap room next season. Conversely he plays at a position of depth in the NBA, so we might have been bluffed.

I think the issue is there aren't any signs Rubio will ever be anything other than a mediocre shooter.

I like it overall, keeps us out of the "will he, won't he" stuff next summer and gives us some cap certainty. Certainty that our cap is ******, but certainty none the less.

I've read a few articles lately where it's said that we are going to have to rethink what is a good or bad deal as the cap begins to rise drastically over the next few years (that's if it does). It's why a lot of deals lately have seemed to be an overpay- their agents have been onto it. Though our extension to Klay is an overpay regardless.

I thought Rubio's shot improved as last season went on, but he'd also be prone to a few shockers now and again. Just needs to work on his finishing at the rim for that and his passing combo to become deadly.

I've read a few articles lately where it's said that we are going to have to rethink what is a good or bad deal as the cap begins to rise drastically over the next few years (that's if it does). It's why a lot of deals lately have seemed to be an overpay- their agents have been onto it. Though our extension to Klay is an overpay regardless.

I thought Rubio's shot improved as last season went on, but he'd also be prone to a few shockers now and again. Just needs to work on his finishing at the rim for that and his passing combo to become deadly.

Rubio is a competent 3 point shot and FT shooter but the closer he gets to the basket the worse he becomes. He only needs to improve a little.

If the cap rises every deal looks better as it becomes a smaller percentage of the cap, especially the MLE deals. I get concerned when people just assume the cap will hit 80-90m in the next 3-4 seasons. It's a big bet.

I think the issue is there aren't any signs Rubio will ever be anything other than a mediocre shooter.

That isn't settled by any stretch.

If the cap rises every deal looks better as it becomes a smaller percentage of the cap, especially the MLE deals. I get concerned when people just assume the cap will hit 80-90m in the next 3-4 seasons. It's a big bet.

It's based on a % of league income isn't it? So it's going to rise fairly high, but I guess we'll have to see if there is another lockout or not. The main talk that I'm reading is more based on how sharply it will rise, with perhaps there being gradual cap jumps over multiple years. You would think that there must be some inside knowledge about where it's heading. Will just have to wait and see I guess (and brace myself in the case of Klay).

It's based on a % of league income isn't it? So it's going to rise fairly high, but I guess we'll have to see if there is another lockout or not. The main talk that I'm reading is more based on how sharply it will rise, with perhaps there being gradual cap jumps over multiple years. You would think that there must be some inside knowledge about where it's heading. Will just have to wait and see I guess (and brace myself in the case of Klay).

It's based on a fixed proportion of basketball related income. 51%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back