Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
So thats how we play like with no Love

Im looking forward to the first pick of the 2016 draft.

But his stats are empty!!!
I noticed the other day that Griffin didn't play against the Rockets because of back spasms but the Clippers still got up easily.

Reports Adelman is "no chance" to be coach next season (no surprises there). Izzo, Hoiberg and Van Gundy supposedly on the wish list but Saunders apparently wants to coach, which would make Messenger happy. ;)

Kill me now. There is no chance the Wolves get this right.

nufan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pelicans, Tottenham
Breaking new. Adelman is no longer the coach of the T-Wolves. Can't confirm fired or resigned (although one would assume resigned due to his wife health)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
http://mi.nba.com/article.html?url=/news/wolves_saunders_begins_search_20140422.html

He says he wants someone with a head coaching track record, either in college or the NBA, who will hold players accountable and command respect from the moment he takes the job. That list would seem to point to Saunders hiring a well-known coach to fill the opening created by Rick Adelman's retirement.

Hanging over the process is Kevin Love's uncertain future in Minnesota. Love can opt out of his contract after next season. That possibility could give coaches with several options pause when considering Minnesota.

It's also possible that Saunders will take the job himself. He did not rule that possibility out when asked on Monday.

I guess this tallies with the rumour/urban myth that the Wolves will trade Love to the Lakers for their lottery pick.

If they could get Aaron Gordon out of this I'd take that. If they end up using a top 10 pick on McDermott or Julius Randle I'll be sad.

SE_Blue

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves; Meath GAA
Knowing us we'll trade him for a pile of s**t.

We better not trade him to GS for Lee/Barnes as is being suggested.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Knowing us we'll trade him for a pile of s**t.

We better not trade him to GS for Lee/Barnes as is being suggested.
We could (And probably will) do worse

Wouldn't mind Barnes, However ild settle for Lakers/Celtic top 8 pick, Then prepare to suck hard for another year

SE_Blue

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
We could (And probably will) do worse

Wouldn't mind Barnes, However ild settle for Lakers/Celtic top 8 pick, Then prepare to suck hard for another year

Lee/Barnes is a terrible deal. Lee is 31 and is on an enormous contract. Barnes is still young, but sure as hell isn't what you'd want back when you're dealing your franchise player. Would demand Thompson from GS if we were to deal with them. They wouldn't want to give him up though.

Lakers can't offer a hell of a lot except Gasol and their high pick, but I bet that's what we end up settling for. Bet we end up getting Wes Johnson back too :rolleyes:

Would be good if we could convince him to go to the Celtics, they've got better assets along with their picks they could trade us.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Lee/Barnes is a terrible deal. Lee is 31 and is on an enormous contract. Barnes is still young, but sure as hell isn't what you'd want back when you're dealing your franchise player. Would demand Thompson from GS if we were to deal with them. They wouldn't want to give him up though.

Lakers can't offer a hell of a lot except Gasol and their high pick, but I bet that's what we end up settling for. Bet we end up getting Wes Johnson back too :rolleyes:

Would be good if we could convince him to go to the Celtics, they've got better assets along with their picks they could trade us.
Gasol wont touch us. We have no need for him.

With Lee, i would want whatever he could possibly fetch from a contender then him, He's K Love light,

SE_Blue

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gasol wont touch us. We have no need for him.

With Lee, i would want whatever he could possibly fetch from a contender then him, He's K Love light,

If we took Lee, we'd have to make them take Martin back. In no universe would I want to take on Lee's awful contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back