Teams Minnesota Vikings - Skol Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

Winning the division but then finding out you have to play the red hot Seahawks...
giphy.gif

Winning the division but then finding out you have to play the red hot Seahawks...
giphy.gif

There are no tears when you make the play-offs. Seattle will be a worthy opponent and it won't get any easier IF the Vikings proceed to the divisional round. I'd rather be in the play-offs than out, so bring it on!

BTW - Rhett Ellison is out for about 6 months

Tight end Rhett Ellison will miss the remainder of the season with a torn patellar tendon, which will require surgery, head coach Mike Zimmer said Monday. The recovery time after surgery, according to Zimmer, is 6 months.

Ellison is an extremely valuable extra blocker and has featured heavily in support of the woeful OL during the season. Ellison's injury opens the door for either Zach Line or MyCole Pruitt to get extra snaps during the playoffs. TE Dominique Jones (6'3", 270lbs) is on the practice squad and he could get a call up onto the main roster early this week. The other potential candidate for a call up would be FB Blake Renaud although Jones probably has the inside running due to the fact that he has three years experience behind him.

I love it. Bugger trying to sidestep opponents to try and get what you think would be an easier schedule. This young team should back itself in all the way. We took the North and we are in the playoffs, that was more important for us going forward, whatever happens next week achieving this should provide a solid building block for next season, when the Pack should be stronger again as well in regards to our division.

Love that it's the Seahawks 'the team no one wants to play', the team that torched us a few weeks ago. That should still burn inside, I expect Zim to fully play on that and just quietly we have been playing some of our best ball in the last few weeks. It's a team that on paper matches up poorly for us, the best run defence in the game, Wilson is playing in another world right now & Lynch is rumoured to be a possible inclusion this week, it's fitting that the first week of the playoffs will be our biggest test an opportunity to show something real is developing here.

People expecting us to win will be extremely few and far between against this seasoned playoff team, nothing to lose. If we happen to get smashed I have faith in Zim's ability to put it into perspective and not let it linger into next season.

Last edited:
^^ - Absolutely correct, everyone apart from Vikings supporters have written the team off even before recovery from the Packers win has started. There's nothing wrong with being the underdog. It lowers the expectations on the team and lets the players focus on one thing - execute the plan to win!

It's true that beating the Seahawks won't be an easy task, but that's what playoff football is all about.

Being Champs this season exceeded where I thought we would be so anything additional is gravy.

Hopefully Teddy rebounds after a lackluster week and Wilson cools after his monster stretch. Can understand why we're underdogs but if the D does what it has all year and our O has one of it's better weeks we could find ourselves lasting another week!

Hopefully Linval is back - we really need him if we're going to effectively stop the Seahawks on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does. But it makes it even better when it's good.

Most teams go through long periods of hell. Sure, it feels like ours is one big long multi-generational period! - but we'll get there.

Genuine faith in Zimmer.
Zimmer is definitely better than some of the jokers we've hired now. Chilly was kept in a job by Brett Favre. I think Favre was making most of the play calls because they seemed smarter, riskier at times.

Still feel totally empty, even after letting it sink in.

Does Walsh kick his PAT's from the right hash? If we were always going to kick a field goal, wouldn't you put the ball where he likes it? Hindsight i know...

Anyway, bring on the draft i say! :D

After losing to seattle in last years nfccg and lesser extent the fail mary. I genuinely feel bad for you guys. Great defensive effort

Still feel totally empty, even after letting it sink in.

Does Walsh kick his PAT's from the right hash? If we were always going to kick a field goal, wouldn't you put the ball where he likes it? Hindsight i know...

Anyway, bring on the draft i say! :D
Walsh kicked from his preferred side, he just pulled it. It never ever looked close.

A very sad way to finish the season but underlines the teams offensive woes that have haunted the team for most of the season.

It's taken me this long to post here. I didn't do purple Friday all year (I usually do it at work as a running joke) and I didn't post much on social media as I didn't want to jinx us...

Devastated, and I was prepared for a loss going into it.

Atleast the boys are looking forward and thinking superbowl next season. Zimmer is going to be a great coach

It's taken me this long to post here. I didn't do purple Friday all year (I usually do it at work as a running joke) and I didn't post much on social media as I didn't want to jinx us...

Devastated, and I was prepared for a loss going into it.

Atleast the boys are looking forward and thinking superbowl next season. Zimmer is going to be a great coach

Zimmer IS a great coach. Best we've had in years. Most hopeful I've been for us in an off season for a long time. It's weird not having a high end draft pick though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back