Minson gets a week

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/145156/default.aspx
Will Minson, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with a Level two misconduct offence (225 points, two matches) in that he stomped on Kieren Jack, Sydney Swans, during the second quarter of the round 21 match between the Western Bulldogs and the Sydney Swans, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday August 19, 2012.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Sydney Swans Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level two offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 126.56 points and a one-match sanction.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/145156/default.aspx

Would have thought the precedent would be set with Josh Hunt earlier in the year getting a fine. I guess not.
In saying that, I think it deserved a suspension then, and I think the same now.

What an idiot!

Lucky to only get one game imo. For a highly intelligent person he sure does some stupid things.

I'm really starting to doubt the so called intelligence. I've backed Will on numerous occasions saying he purely suffers from a severe case of white line fever. In this circumstance though, he had more than enough time to calmly make the right choice, he didn't and deservedly get's his due whack. Silly boy!

Gives Campbell another chance to show his worth.

What an idiot!

Lucky to only get one game imo. For a highly intelligent person he sure does some stupid things.

I agree Will deserved to get a week and might be lucky it wasn't more - we would be filthy if someone stomped one of our players and would expect them to get a suspension.

I think that Will plays his best footy when he's on the edge and we have to take the downside that goes with his white line fever. Impetuous free kicks and now this. I still love the big bloke though.

I just saw the replay once and it seemed unclear whether it was deliberate????? Possibly a tangle and just clumsy? [Wishful thinking here.......]

I just saw the replay once and it seemed unclear whether it was deliberate????? Possibly a tangle and just clumsy? [Wishful thinking here.......]

You're a beauty Foss. So bloody one-eyed...fantastic! (Will meant it - nothing surer in my view.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it was not only stupid and unnecessary, but not in the spirit of the game, and am glad he's been pinged for it. That said, I can't understand the discrepancy between this penalty and that dished out to Hunt earlier in the year. If anything, I would've thought Hunt's actions had a greater potential to cause injury; perhaps I'm misremembering the earlier incident.

Hope Campbell can step up.

Thought it was not only stupid and unnecessary, but not in the spirit of the game, and am glad he's been pinged for it. That said, I can't understand the discrepancy between this penalty and that dished out to Hunt earlier in the year. If anything, I would've thought Hunt's actions had a greater potential to cause injury; perhaps I'm misremembering the earlier incident.

Hope Campbell can step up.

It's simple really, Hunt plays for Geelong and Minnow is a Bulldog:rolleyes: So the one position we could have dominated Geelong is now out, I just wish this year would end already.:(

Vision was far from conclusive. The punch before it was more deserving. It's all so soft this year. Can't imagine how many times Gary Jack would've got worse than that.

Dumbest smart guy in AFL footy.
He keeps doing stuff like this. Pushing his elbow into someone's head on the ground, kneeling on someone.
Achieves nothing except the odd 50 metre penalty or suspension like this.
Don''t need to do it. Not tough, just dumb.
Especially when he is in career good form.
This will give Campbell a shot and he just might grab it!!
I like Big Will but time to concentrate on footy.

KM

Don't understand how Hunt got away with clearly stomping on Betts but Minson gets a 2 weeks down to 1 with an early plea. Both deliberate in my eyes and deserved a week or two but my god the MRP must love missing with us by being the most inconsistent group of dickheads. Minson must of said something about Jacks mum.

Will is contesting the charges tonight at the tribunal. That makes me believe that he stumbled, and stepped down. Surely he wouldn't do it if he knew he meant to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back