Toast Minus 620 and counting

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be a monumental celebration for me and others who followed the Hawks through the dark ages of the forties and fifties. We were there when we bottomed out, and that was so far down you couldn't see the bottom. Can't wait for parity, then the surge into that positive territory.

Coincidently, at the end of out 100th season in 2024, it will be 64 seasons since our first flag, which was 64 years since the VFL started.
So, after 2024, you can divide the comp into two halves of 64 years - we had no flags in the first 64, and double (hopefully) anyone else in the second 64.

"Oh Magoo, You've done it again"!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst it will be great to cross the zero line, I really hope we cross it definitively and stay across it. I'd hate to celebrate and then dip back negative the next week.

The next stat to look at is how teams have done this decade.

We're second, one game off Cats.

Just passed Collingwood thanks to the win.

Minus 99 and counting.
I wonder if your efforts will earn you another article on afl.com.au when we get there this year? probably not last year's seem to be a more memorable milestone.

I wonder if your efforts will earn you another article on afl.com.au when we get there this year? probably not last year's seem to be a more memorable milestone.
True. This one is just for "stat-nerds", but I enjoyed doing the countdown last year & when it became a premiership year I thought that traditions should be continued.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back