Injury Miscellaneous discussion of injury prone players

Remove this Banner Ad

They put lectures onto video now days? When I was at uni they would record our lectures onto cassette tape and we had to borrow & listen to them at the appropriate library - and I graduated less than 10yrs ago; so not sure where they kept getting the cassette tapes from.
Yes. I studied at uni online + we had lectures through Google+ - Google+ Hangouts + you could watch them again, later on. You could book one on one with a tutor or lecturer through Google+ Hangouts. All assignments were upload, like now. But we had a Wall where all our drawings were posted, so it was like being in a studio. Very well designed.

We did (do). I have something different in mind for this: quarantining the arguments about (alleged) injury prone players.
qGkAAgZMJzRhm.gif

Yes. I studied at uni online + we had lectures through Google+ - Google+ Hangouts + you could watch them again, later on. You could book one on one with a tutor or lecturer through Google+ Hangouts. All assignments were upload, like now. But we had a Wall where all our drawings were posted, so it was like being in a studio. Very well designed.
Should've called the Wall "the Fridge". That's where my kids' pics used to get hung. :)

We did (do). I have something different in mind for this: quarantining the arguments about (alleged) injury prone players.
Shouldn't this thread be called the Cats' Litter thread then? :p

Our flags were also built on a team with very little injuries.
I'm trying to think of one 'injury prone' player that was involved in our premierships. King in 2007 maybe, but he was at the tail end of his career. Was also a very minor participant that season. Even Ottens, for all the mythology was a lot more durable than he gets credit for.

We also had 16 All Australian players playing for us during this period ,we had talent to burn .

I would much rather the club take risks on talented players than settle for players who are not talented.

Agree with your point. Not sure what that has to do with my post though.

I was trying to make a point about why the club has kept and recruited players with a history of being injured .The reason being too get enough talent on the list to challenge for a premiership , which we all agree that we currently don't have .

I totally understand what you and Partridge are saying because our durability is holding us back, but I think the point needs to be made that the club does not have a preference for injury prone players .The club is just trying to get as much talent on the list as possible and in an ideal world that would be with players that have a history of being durable , but that's just not that easy to do .

If it were up to me I would persist with the following 5 for a bit longer

1.Menzel
2.Vardy
3.Stanley
4.Clark
5.Cowan

with the exception of cowan who I don't know enough about I think the other 4 are really talented players who could help us win a premiership if they can get fit. Menzel and Vardy touch wood look like they are in good shape ,Stanley probably has the best prospects of the group and who knows with Clark. So I don't think its doom or gloom with these players .

How tall is iameviljez ?
Do you think he'd enjoy a gig as the GFC #1 ruckman?

Don't worry if he's a bit short- we can stick him on Gregson's shoulders- we'd have the fastest ruckman in the comp.

Just tell him to hold on tight when Gregson leaps for a speccie!
171cm and all the leaping ability of a brick!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to beat the system?
How many mature aged players are we looking at bringing in again this trade period?
And more importantly, how many young players are we looking likely to lose in the process?

Three who should all play 5 - 7 years minimum. None of those years being development years.

In terms of losing young players we have lost Hamling as the only relisted player who was a surprise. I would argue that Hunt should have been kept but that he is not the "difference". Burbury, Shroder etc were let go and not relisted.

In deals we also lost Varcoe ( but a lot on here reckoned he was useless or thereabouts anyway (Not)). West to Brissie ditto. Christensen was a big loss but I don't think our trading or lack of opportunity was the reason.

Now we hear Jansen and Walker want out/ more opportunity. Walker has been bagged mercilessly over the last few years by some. Some have tempered their opinion and now worry we may lose a young KPF. I do worry he could be better than many think, but if its in a trade for another more talented 26? year old then OK. Jansen is interesting i think he is borderline keeper. I hope we can get a pick (one in the 50s would be useful) for him- or better still see him join his good mate at Carlton in the Henderson deal allowing us to keep Walker.

This method of recruiting has its risks, but so does using picks in the mid late teens to picks in the 60s.
At least (it appears anyway) we will be proactive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back