Draft Profile Mitch Brewer

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This guy looks the goods , He is a 204cm 115kg ruckman/forward. Has nice skills, tackles well and takes contested marks. Played in Coolangatta's last 6 games and averaged 3 goals a games as a ruckman/forward.

Most likely to go into the rookie draft as clubs might not have seen a lot of him. Certainly worth a shot.

Mr Ripper is right. Played for Broadbeach this year, in fact he probably played the first 5 or so games in the reserves.

Personally, I'm not so sure what all the hype is about. He is a big and he competes but his skill set other than that is quite limited.

Mr Ripper is right. Played for Broadbeach this year, in fact he probably played the first 5 or so games in the reserves.

Personally, I'm not so sure what all the hype is about. He is a big and he competes but his skill set other than that is quite limited.

Marking, Pressure, knowing what's around him and tap work is all good.

Marking, Pressure, knowing what's around him and tap work is all good.

Contested marking is good, doesn't do it often enough at the moment though. Like I said, because he is so big, when he does compete and harass he makes an impact. His decision making is quite slow and doesn't win much of the ball around the ground. His size usually gets him first use at the centre bounces, and he has a fairly good understanding of tapping to advantage.

Still a lot of development left. Bigfooty seems to have fallen in love with Brewer. A few clubs have been looking, but I find it hard to believe there aren't more well rounded and promising prospects elsewhere around Australia.

Contested marking is good, doesn't do it often enough at the moment though. Like I said, because he is so big, when he does compete and harass he makes an impact. His decision making is quite slow and doesn't win much of the ball around the ground. His size usually gets him first use at the centre bounces, and he has a fairly good understanding of tapping to advantage.

Still a lot of development left. Bigfooty seems to have fallen in love with Brewer. A few clubs have been looking, but I find it hard to believe there aren't more well rounded and promising prospects elsewhere around Australia.

I've been going on about Brewer on our board for a while now, I think he has some serious potential, I think most will agree. If he played in Victoria he would be rated higher than he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back