List Mgmt. Mitch Brown and Joel Hamling delisted with Hunt

Remove this Banner Ad

A young developing 204cm that takes pack marks, slots goals from outside 50m, is lightning quick and can ruck.

Very happy the Cats picked him up.

Shittruck, we'll see. :)
Happy to be wrong, if he was worth it I think the Sanits would have held onto him as their forwardline is wrecked post Riewoldt.

That would make sense if Chapman was struggling last year. He wasn't; on actual output he was one of our better veterans. He was better than Bartel, he was better than Corey, and he was better than Kelly. He was certainly better than Kelly this year.

If the idea was really to get rid of a senior player to free up a spot, Kelly would have been the obvious one, and not Chapman. The way it played out suggests they wanted him gone.
Geelong competed in 25 games in 2013. Chappy was available for (and picked in) 8 of them... Less than a third of the season. They offered him a contract. He knocked it back and walked out, subsequently we've had posters on here say it was an insulting offer, what part of a 1 year deal is insulting for a 30+y.o player (veteran) who was injured for 2/3 of his last season here? He got a fair offer, which I suspect his ego couldn't handle and now he's no longer here.

Geelong competed in 25 games in 2013. Chappy was available for (and picked in) 8 of them... Less than a third of the season. They offered him a contract. He knocked it back and walked out, subsequently we've had posters on here say it was an insulting offer, what part of a 1 year deal is insulting for a 30+y.o player (veteran) who was injured for 2/3 of his last season here? He got a fair offer, which I suspect his ego couldn't handle and now he's no longer here.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-03/well-be-mates-forever

Couple of points...
1. We don't know who works hard and who doesn't. Just because a player is seemingly enjoying themselves with golf and posts alot on social media doesn't mean they aren't training hard. There is no proof that Hunt isn't a hard worker and we will never know.
2. Every player is inconsistent.
3. 'Not putting on bulk' means squat. By that notion Justin Westoff, Jack Gunston and Dustin Fletcher are list cloggers.
4. You don't know how hard Bews and Guthrie work.
Seriously, is Inspector Gadget ever going to retire? I think his lack of bulk has been the key to his longevity. Wasn't Tuck also as skinny as a rake??

Last edited:
We kept questionable players on the list and gave them every chance
For whatever reason those players failed to take their chance when they had it.
Hopefully they get another chance elsewhere and grab it.
I don't see their departure as a failure by the club.
We expected some players to return from long term injury.
We need to be patient these things cannot be rushed.
Then got injuries to key players that stretched our depth.
The trade period saw the GFC try fix the hole we had all season at CHF best it could.
Going out in straight sets signalled a change was needed to the playing list.
Consequently this draft has us with 5 live picks plus the upgrade of Blitz.
Late picks in the draft are a gamble, so the extra picks will be handy.
There will be talented kids available, size speed and skill are obvious
The unknowns are desire, determination, personal issues etc.
I expect our pick 10 will be a very good player.
Surely wells can find another two diamonds in the rough.
You never know, perhaps the kid we pick last will grab his chance.

Yep. He didn't want to play vfl. fair enough, but so was the offer and from then on something had to give.

Scott says there was no contract offer. I've not seen anything from Chapman saying that there was a contract offer; in fact, he was quite careful in earlier comments to say "if" the club makes him an offer, etc. It seems pretty clear, in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, that there was no contract offer, that after they discussed his likely role as a bit player, they mutually agreed to call it quits, because neither party wanted his Geelong career to finish that way. In Scott's words, it would have been "disrespectful".

Hamling was pick 32. It's not a rock solid pick at the best of times, let along in such a compromised draft that 2011 was. I look beyond that pick and besides Hill, struggle to name another player drafted after Hamling who we may have been better off drafting instead.

Lachie Neale would be handy right about now as might Jack Newnes.

Scott says there was no contract offer. I've not seen anything from Chapman saying that there was a contract offer; in fact, he was quite careful in earlier comments to say "if" the club makes him an offer, etc. It seems pretty clear, in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, that there was no contract offer, that after they discussed his likely role as a bit player, they mutually agreed to call it quits, because neither party wanted his Geelong career to finish that way. In Scott's words, it would have been "disrespectful".
So if that is the case, where's the insulting offer argument coming from exactly??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said 'disrespectful'. They still made the right call imo.
6Yyl5rb.png

"Oh yes, Sir".
"Every move a right one".

6Yyl5rb.png

"Oh yes, Sir".
"Every move a right one".
You make mistakes, I make mistakes, the guy down the street makes mistakes, the new girl at Coles makes mistakes, in fact everyone makes mistakes and that of course means the GFC makes mistakes, but not this time and I will stand by that judgement all day long. Anyway I've had this argument with you before and it ends up the same every time we agree to disagree.

My mail
Is that hamling will be re drafted late or even rookied.
What do you mean re-drafted late? As in a senior list position? If that's the case, delisting him from the senior list only to re-draft him onto the senior list makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Even demoting him to the rookie list would be bizarre, given the whole Cowan situation.

Hunt didn't play well after his shoulder injury- seemed a psychological thing. Brown had his chance and never took it- unlucky with injuries. Hamling perhaps unlucky - but three years is three years. When is Menzel gonna be delisted? Rather a fit Burbury than a fit Menzel. Time to let him go!! List clogger!!

Therein lies the difference.

Hawthorn select players to be very good at one role;
Geelong select players to be average at multiple roles.

In all honesty this is just ridiculous, do you just like pot-shotting for the fun of it?

The versatility of players to fill multiple roles like hale, roughy, hodge, Burgoyne, Mitchell and others is a massive reason they are as successful as they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunt didn't play well after his shoulder injury- seemed a psychological thing. Brown had his chance and never took it- unlucky with injuries. Hamling perhaps unlucky - but three years is three years. When is Menzel gonna be delisted? Rather a fit Burbury than a fit Menzel. Time to let him go!! List clogger!!

Does anyone have a NSIS gif? This comment leaves me speechless.

When will you stop posting
You are either a troll or a nog

:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Direct quote from Burbury:
“It’s a disappointing result – it’s every AFL player’s worst nightmare – but the reality is I was informed a couple of weeks ago by someone that since debuting I’ve played seven of a possible 43 games due to injury,” Burbury told AFL Trade Radio.

Not sure Burbury is free of the injury tag. He spent majority of his 1st 2 years on the rookie list injured, was kept for a 3rd year on the rookie list because of his attitude and willingness to work hard when not injured. Was elevated last year on a 2 year contract with a trigger clause for the 2nd year being he had to play a minimum of 10 games; he only managed 5 game this year due to injury. How exactly is he fit?

I would rather have seen both Burbury & Menzel fit and on the list, but if we are going to keep 1 injury prone player I would make it Menzel because there is something special about the kid which he showed in the games he played and I don't recall seeing that same spark in Burbury.

not_sure_if_serious_8.jpg

* Just for you David the Cat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back